Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:18:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REFUND PROCESSING COMPLETED] K1 Nanos - Big Picture Mining Cooperative  (Read 30758 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:32:06 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 04:46:49 PM by Bicknellski

I agreed with your point.

I value your point.

I just think there is a lot more value in supporting these units over "proven" ones especially given the effort put into giving away everything as open source.

If you had priced these at (cost + reasonable profit + royalty to BKK) I would agree with you, but you guys have chosen to go for the gold.

This is where we disagree particularly when you have little or no frame of reference of the costs both in components shipped to the fabricator, the time and resources allocated by the members of the cooperative to get to this point. Again we priced according to the market and offer much lower costs than block erupters. Buy 50 with others in a group buy problem solved. Heck get hundreds and you might even see a bigger savings. Yes so let us leave it there given you wouldn't want to speculate and you have already wished us luck. Also I might be pricing a bit higher just recoup the 4 heatsinks, the IR gun and the Bitcoin I personally donated to BKKCoins for the the scope to aid the development... lol then again I must be just digging for gold right?

Let me leave off with a plea to the DIYers again. Feel free to source your K1 components, Avalon chips and order some K1 boards and DIY that is the best ROI solution for anyone. There is a whole thread for that very reason. Oh look who the OP is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227186.msg2392400#msg2392400 Funny I thought he was going for the gold? Why would he tell people build their own and consolidate multiple threads to make it easier for the community to get the information?

All kidding aside we priced pretty much so that people will join together and buy in much larger quantities. Feel free to start a group buy... that is what I would do if I were you.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:47:20 PM

I agreed with your point.

I value your point.

I just think there is a lot more value in supporting these units over "proven" ones especially given the effort put into giving away everything as open source.

If you had priced these at (cost + reasonable profit + royalty to BKK) I would agree with you, but you guys have chosen to go for the gold.

This is where we disagree particularly when you have little or no frame of reference of the costs both in components shipped to the fabricator, the time and resources allocated by the members of the cooperative to get to this point. Again we priced according to the market and offer much lower costs than block erupters. Buy 50 with others in a group buy problem solved. Heck get hundreds and you might even see a bigger savings. Yes so let us leave it there given you wouldn't want to speculate and you have already wished us luck.

Let me leave off with again. Feel free to source your K1 components, Avalon chips and order some K1 boards and DIY that is the best solution for the DIYer.

You're right.  I have no idea how much money and effort you may have wasted in your endeavors, nor do I feel any obligation to help you recoup them.

I COULD speculate somewhat on what the costs might be to a well-run organization that might compete with you, but I won't have to, as the market is already working on that, and competing prices will be the proof sooner than you probably anticipate.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:48:21 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 05:33:30 PM by Bicknellski

You could we have already done that over and over again with 15 people.

Again what I said holds a lot of value.

Get a group together and make our COOP an offer we can't refuse you might find that all your negativity constructive armchair pricing has little merit given you are actually interested in buying in numbers. So point blank, how many do you want? If you don't want any xyzzy099 then time to move along. Asked and answered your concerns and have given you every opportunity to make an offer. I take it you are not interested in buying K1s in bulk. If you want some in future and are serious about larger numbers for better prices then please contact me directly via email.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:05:31 PM

Moving forward...

The website should be live tomorrow. As always we are keen to supply larger numbers of K1s to groups or coops. Drop me a PM or an email.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:24:45 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 05:02:07 PM by Bicknellski

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.msg2748156#msg2748156

Latest notes about K1 Revisions... we are waiting patiently for his tests of these revisions for next week.

I haven't updated the K1 files yet. The new board revision will use the 2G02 but it's not pin compatible so you can't place that on the old board.

Here's a brief list of changes I'm doing for the K1:

- replace NOR gate with DUAL NOR gate
- add Schmitt inverter package
- chg PIC to QFN
- add thermistor for temperature sensing
- add 2 holes for mounting a heat sink
- Make both LEDs flashable (tied to PIC pins)
- make I2C non-thru hole SMD header type pads
- use 2mm board thickness for USB compatibility
- specify an alternate reg and inductor allowing 3A power (not for USB 2.0 ports)

I'm part way thru this now but have been sidetracked today by work on the web store (which is up now but not tested yet). Yay!

Note: Our website is ready to take payments in BTC... although we are still working on the details for the shipping.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 07:51:13 PM

.. although we are still working on the details for the shipping.

what's up with that?  no shipping to US?
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:18:02 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 08:29:55 PM by Bicknellski

No shipping prices as of yet have been added to the site. We are able to ship worldwide.

We have only rough numbers from DHL at this time and will likely change. We have a few COOP members from Canada, US and others in Batam working on getting finalized information from DHL, unfortunately taking longer to get that up on the site than we would like. For now here are the rough numbers based on Batam DHL offices. My apologies for my lack of skill setting the table properly.

Cost of Express International Shipping from Batam, Indonesia - USD (boards include heatsink)                                                                                                                                         

Code:
                   1Kg = 10K1's            5Kg = 50K1's              10Kg = 100K1's           50Kg = 500K1's	

Jakarta                  8.03                  18.26                  31.04                       133.27
Auz/NZ             60.65                 253.02                 434.47                      1437.47
Thailand           52.02                 203.67                 354.35                      1285.20
Central Europe          69.95                 283.89                 486.77                      1713.61
Central USA     69.56                 283.32                 480.11                      1700.02
Canada             69.56                 283.32                 354.35                      1285.20

We are getting quotes for similar bundles using: Indonesia POS International Express Parcel service, will update later.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:32:55 PM

Can you tell me what the weight of one K1 is and where they would be shipping from to get to the US?
Thanks!
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:44:50 PM

Can you tell me what the weight of one K1 is and where they would be shipping from to get to the US?
Thanks!

My guestimate... based on the density of Aluminum was that the boards are under 100 grams...but I have never weighed one with a heat sink so we overestimated just in case. We will have the board, heat sinks and a small plastic facia put on the K1 Nanos with our logo. But yes I think 100 grams.

Batam, Indonesia to the US of A.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Batam+Indonesia&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x31d9bce8c054ce05:0x3039d80b220cbb0,Batam,+Riau+Islands,+Republic+of+Indonesia&ei=sALnUeW3G8iHrgfQi4CABw&ved=0CNYBELYD

Two of our members in the COOP live in Batam and are only minutes from the fabricator.

​PT Venturindo Jaya Batam (VJB) was established in 1993, with their main production area spanning 6,800 square metres or 68,000 square feet.

They are an Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) company that provides a comprehensive "One-Stop" EMS solution, in preparation to fill an unmet need for the Multi-National Companies (MNC) both in Batam-Indonesia and the region.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:50:22 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  When you get them with heatsinks and weigh them please let me know.
I'll keep an eye out here anyway.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:52:49 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  When you get them with heatsinks and weigh them please let me know.
I'll keep an eye out here anyway.

The will be very much like this...

and dimensions are smaller now then when I calculated the weight before. Heat sink 32mm x 25mm x 10mm. If you want I bet you can do the calculation pretty easily.

If you note above we have set the numbers of K1s per Kg as well as based on the space available and the minimum weight that DHL calculates. So I doubt the numbers for the K1s in the packaging will change based on slight weight variations I calculated. The best per unit shipping cost is for 500 K1s... so get your friends into a group buy and split that cost.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:54:00 AM

Further update on the 2.0 vs 3.0 USB and the K1 particularly the reference that BKKCoins made ' -specify an alternate reg and inductor allowing 3A power (not for USB 2.0 ports)'

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.msg2753267#msg2753267

I asked: "There have been a number of questions regarding the (not for USB 2.0 ports) reference BKKCoins. Can you explain in a bit more detail, only if you have the time, about this reference? Pardon my ignorance I just want to make sure people are clear about the reference."

A USB 2.0 port only needs to provide a max. of 500mA @ 5V. And sometimes they cannot do even that if all ports are drawing near max.  Good USB hubs like the Anker ones provide enough juice that you may be able to draw more, but it's beyond spec. USB 3.0 hubs seem to be better as their spec has a max of 900mA. Some ports can provide more when operating as battery charger mode, but aren't required to when operating as data ports. And then you have issues regarding the RasPi not working with 3.0 hubs, and cgminer having problems on RasPi with running multiple devices at once. So there is many factors to determine what you can actually do, or get away with, beyond what "should" work. Some threads on this forum discuss these issues but I haven't kept abreast of the latest details.

I've been running on RasPi for a couple days non-stop at 330MHz with around 0.6% errors, and no issues at all. I'll be boosting to 340 soon to see how that works. I'm waiting for the new boards to do a full-populate and test. I'll not solder the ASICs by hand this time so it will be all 16 at once in the oven.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:30:17 PM

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:04:26 PM

That is such a great picture  Grin

Message me if you have any problems
NR3000

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:40:11 PM

xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:44:24 AM

The only thing i thought of on hub would be amazing if you maybe add power connectors to connect computer fans to it.  Keep a little air flow with that many USB miners.

Fan mounts would be more useful.  Fans can run from the ATX needed to power a dense hub.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:45:35 AM

No shipping prices as of yet have been added to the site. We are able to ship worldwide.

We have only rough numbers from DHL at this time and will likely change. We have a few COOP members from Canada, US and others in Batam working on getting finalized information from DHL, unfortunately taking longer to get that up on the site than we would like. For now here are the rough numbers based on Batam DHL offices. My apologies for my lack of skill setting the table properly.

Cost of Express International Shipping from Batam, Indonesia - USD (boards include heatsink)                                                                                                                                         

Code:
                   1Kg = 10K1's            5Kg = 50K1's              10Kg = 100K1's           50Kg = 500K1's	

Jakarta                  8.03                  18.26                  31.04                       133.27
Auz/NZ             60.65                 253.02                 434.47                      1437.47
Thailand           52.02                 203.67                 354.35                      1285.20
Central Europe          69.95                 283.89                 486.77                      1713.61
Central USA     69.56                 283.32                 480.11                      1700.02
Canada             69.56                 283.32                 354.35                      1285.20

We are getting quotes for similar bundles using: Indonesia POS International Express Parcel service, will update later.

Please consider having one of your members get the items shipped all into us to them, and distributed through them.   i know i want 1 to try out but with almost 70 dollars shipping for if i read it right makes cost for just a few very high.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:29:32 AM

Possible for a lot shipment and redistribution. Group buys ideally would be that way.

There are 2 forms of shipment.

1. Express Package / Paket Cepat (Shown in chart most expensive)
2. EMS Priority Merchandize. (Not shown.)

Check out the site here:

http://www.posindonesia.co.id/index.php/loginall-comuser-views/tarif-kiriman/kiriman-pos-internasional
http://ems.posindonesia.co.id/index.php?param=rat

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:42:27 AM

Sample based on a Country delivery and prices are generally based on closest port:

Code:
Tarif Kiriman Luar Negeri
Dari: BATAM (29400)
Ke: CANADA (CA)
Berat : 1 Kg
Dimensi: 20cm x 20cm x 10cm

Produk Layanan                    Tarif      s.d Berat(Kg)     K1s            Unit Shipping Cost

EMS PRIORITY MERCHANDISE    USD 47,09 (IDR 473.725,-) 1               10             USD 4,71 / K1
EMS MERCHANDISE            USD 29,77 (IDR 299.486,-) 1               10             USD 2,98 / K1
PAKET CEPAT (EXPRESS)    USD 52,60 (IDR 529.156,-) 2               20             USD 2,63 / K1
PAKET BIASA (REGULAR)       USD 25,30 (IDR 254.518,-)    3               30             USD 0,85 / K1

Chefnet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:46:52 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2013, 08:09:28 AM by Chefnet

and DHL/UPS/FedEx?

and please answer pm

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: