Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REFUND PROCESSING COMPLETED] K1 Nanos - Big Picture Mining Cooperative  (Read 30758 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:17:17 PM

Website is up. Order up.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:33:07 PM

Website is up. Order up.

So, assuming chips are arriving within a week or so. What is your best bet on shipping at this point?

safier

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:32:58 PM

Website is up. Order up.

no Pos Indonesia in shipping options?
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:12:06 PM

Website is up. Order up.

I've just tried, but the shipping calculator gave me very limited options for countries you are selling to, my country not on the list. Do you plan to improve that part?
elwan

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

hello sir can we meet in batam for local payment and pickup?
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:31:51 AM

Website is up. Order up.

I've just tried, but the shipping calculator gave me very limited options for countries you are selling to, my country not on the list. Do you plan to improve that part?
What country are you located in we are trying to add as many as possible.

Message me if you have any problems
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:05:47 AM

Group buy has started.  Anyone from the US who wants to order stop by and make your pledge.  Our initial target is 50 miners.  We'll expand to include more as needed (up until about 500, which would probably be too much for me to handle alone).  Prices subject to change based on feedback from Bicknellski.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262654.msg2805819#msg2805819
thegoldbug

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:16:20 AM

I like the new pricing but when I estimated my shipping cost on the website the only option was DHL.

For 20 K1s, the quoted shipping price to the USA (AZ) was US$460.61.

That's 40% of the cost of the K1s!

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:56:56 AM

I like the new pricing but when I estimated my shipping cost on the website the only option was DHL.

We are currently fixing postage issues as fast as we can. It is best to send a message to support with your problem through the website.

Message me if you have any problems
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:34:28 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 07:26:37 AM by Bicknellski

hello sir can we meet in batam for local payment and pickup?

No.

Shipping from Batam to anywhere inside of Indonesia is very reasonable. No need, and no time, for us to meet in Batam.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:36:47 AM

Passed this post onto the shipping / website members handling this and we will try and find a better option. If you can please send an email / contact through the website should you find pricing that is "ridiculous" and we will work on that for you.

Alternatively work with others in your region to share shipping prices.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:38:53 AM

Group buy has started.  Anyone from the US who wants to order stop by and make your pledge.  Our initial target is 50 miners.  We'll expand to include more as needed (up until about 500, which would probably be too much for me to handle alone).  Prices subject to change based on feedback from Bicknellski.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262654.msg2805819#msg2805819

Looking good BigBen... best of luck. Will check out the thread. Let us know if we can help in anyway.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:48:34 AM

Website is up. Order up.

What country are you located in we are trying to add as many as possible.

PM sent.
GQM

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 06:49:59 AM

Hey everyone so just wanted to update the community.

I've been the one setting up the website and unfortunately something happened with the shipping options and quotes are way higher then they should be.

Currently fixing the issue now and will update the community when everything is running normal again.

Thanks for your patience and understanding Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:58:06 PM

Hey everyone so just wanted to update the community.

I've been the one setting up the website and unfortunately something happened with the shipping options and quotes are way higher then they should be.

Currently fixing the issue now and will update the community when everything is running normal again.

Thanks for your patience and understanding Smiley

Site is down to get those wonky shipping costs fixed. We are trying to rework the SKU settings on the site so that the cost of shipping is tabulated correctly. We hope to have it up again as soon as possible.

Code:
Example 7: "Some products are commonly sold both individually and in full-case quantities. These items receive two SKUs: a "parent" SKU for the full case and a "child" SKU for the individual item." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit 

GQM

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 06:20:44 PM

Ok guys sorry for the long wait but the site is live again with Regular Package available for the following countries.

Mexico New Zealand Switzerland Russian Fed UK Australia Germany US Canada Belgium

I will continue adding options and countries progressively today so stay tuned Smiley
GQM

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 06:35:19 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 08:10:22 PM by GQM

I have currently got Shipping setup for the following countries. Will continue adding shipping options to those without Fast Package & EMS Merchandise.

Regular Package/Fast Package/EMS Merchandise
Australia
Canada
China
Germany
Hong Kong
Netherlands
New Zealand
Poland
Russian Federation
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kindom
United States

Regular Package
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Bangladesh
Belgium
Brazil
Bulgaria
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Costa Rica
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Egypt
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
Hungary
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Jordan
Kuwait
Malaysia
Malta
Mexico
Morocco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nigeria
Norway
Pakistan
Peru
Phillippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russian Federation
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Slovakia
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Thailand
Turkey
United Arab Emirates
United Kindom
United States
Vietnam
Kuschelweich

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:11:59 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 10:38:03 PM by Kuschelweich

So how is the overclocking on these done exactly? Is it through the firmware, or a cgminer command switch?

Also what's the likelihood of being able to get them at 333Gh/s to at least be able to match the Block Erupter sticks?

Was seriously considering ordering at least 5 of these which is around $55 each shipped, but the price on the Erupters just went down to ~$45-$50(.47-.55BTC) shipped depending on quantity and they're shipping now. I like the idea of being able to overclock them and such, but without a solid 333Gh/s at least it's just not looking like as good of a deal.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 03:02:02 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 08:13:56 AM by Bicknellski

So how is the overclocking on these done exactly? Is it through the firmware, or a cgminer command switch?

Also what's the likelihood of being able to get them at 333Gh/s to at least be able to match the Block Erupter sticks?

Was seriously considering ordering at least 5 of these which is around $55 each shipped, but the price on the Erupters just went down to ~$45-$50(.47-.55BTC) shipped depending on quantity and they're shipping now. I like the idea of being able to overclock them and such, but without a solid 333Gh/s at least it's just not looking like as good of a deal.

We are not Block Erupters funny how they could 'easily' DROP their price taking over a week later to react to the market? I wonder why? Rumours indeed. So they can price how they price (dropping to meet our prices every time so you are all welcome BITCOIN community for forcing them to come down to a REASONABLE price). We are different in a number of ways but here are 3 important ones to remember when the difference in prices is a few dollars. 1. We are giving a ROYALTY to BKKCoins for each K1 we make so see that as a positive and buy our product over the other offerings. Support OPEN SOURCE HARDWARE! 2. We are not looking strictly at one product for the short term gain we a proactive Cooperative and we are producing these items our self we are not a 2nd party reseller we are actually on the fabrication floor testing and shipping these units. 3. We are priced in USD at $49.99 but you pay us in BTC so watch the exchange rate and get better deals when BTC rises against the USD.

In terms of overclock we are waiting on available components and testing of different hubs to find out max on these units. The K1s that BKKCoins have up currently on the Github can hit 350Mh/s as shown in the posts above by Marto76 during his testing beyond that we are not sure given the hub you use or the components. Since we are all waiting on AVALON chips there was talk by BKKCoins for a more "PRO" version of the K1 that could push to the 400+ range but I am not sure how viable that is given it may require changes to the K1 board but if there is a change and frees up more available components for fabrication then you will get that version definitely. However, I suspect that 350 is doable and that is where we will be come our fabrication. Also note that cooling will be good with the K1s unlike the competition space heaters we have a good heat sinks and temps should not exceed 50C to 60C with some air movement. Please follow BKKCoins thread for that information on all the specifications.

Personally I believe having BKKCoins as the designer is going to put the K1 and K16 into some rare territory of the DIY Open Source Hardware community, what we are getting is an EE with decades of insight into PCB design and layout. We really believe that he should be rewarded over other products and hopefully that might persuade BKKCoins to do another run on another chips next year.

The price war which we started is good for the community but as a COOP we are really unphased by group buys scrambling to keep pace unlike us we are not slow to react we can definitely shift gears in different directions given that we have 15 members in 8 countries spread across the globe with 3 Electrical Engineers. We have other ways to meet or exceed their offers and we will. Stay tuned for a USB hub kit, that we are producing in house, that could change the game significantly when we potentially bundle these with our K1s.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:52:57 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 09:07:30 AM by Bicknellski

People are wondering will the K1 be a viable product coming out of our fabrication by Big Picture Mining Coop. We believe we are ready for any challenges and we are doing what it is required to get working products in hand to our customers.

BPMC Inspection and testing of the K1 Nano PCB should encompass Industry Standards and best manufacturing practice.

Specifically:

Inspection:
Visual Inspection and/or Automated Optical Inspection.
The PCB shall be inspected in accordance with the requirements of IPC-A-600 PCB Inspection Guidelines to insure that a Class II product us delivered to client.

Testing:
The following tests to be performed on a mutually agreed number of sample coupons per production batch:

1. Impedance test traces
2. Access points to power and ground plane pairs
3. Checking the “stacking” of the layers

PCB Functionality Testing:
The following tests to be performed on a mutually agreed number of PCBs from first sample batch run:

1. Analog signature analysis.                                                                   (power off)
2. In-Circuit test -Power supply (Voltage).                                                 (power on)
3. Clock signal test.                                                                               (power on)
4. Programming test/ PIC functionality test                                                (power on)
5. Ktest via USB (Automated for GO - NOGO signal).                                    (power on)
6. Beta Software test (Function Specific Test using BFG &/or CGminer)           (power on)

After all above test results are found to be acceptable to client, full production line run can commence.
Client may request further samples from the production line to undergo Tests 1-6 above.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: