Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:46:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REFUND PROCESSING COMPLETED] K1 Nanos - Big Picture Mining Cooperative  (Read 30758 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:32:48 AM

I am interested in buying these to get rid of my GPU's. Are you still on track for an August to September delivery? I would like to get at least 20 and possibly more.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:01:55 AM

I am interested in buying these to get rid of my GPU's. Are you still on track for an August to September delivery? I would like to get at least 20 and possibly more.

price is going to be an issue with these, since asicminer is already delivering 'professional' looking devices at 336 MHash for the same price.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:09:06 AM

price is going to be an issue with these, since asicminer is already delivering 'professional' looking devices at 336 MHash for the same price.

Price for BE is the issue for the community not the price for the K1's as we are more than willing to offer rebates if we need to lower prices again. I suspect that won't be necessary if the Avalon chips arrive in a timely manner based on current ROI calculations. The only reason they are LOWER is because of us, and we will say it again you are welcome community. We will see as we get close to production how much lower we are just on MtGox prices. Nearly 0.5 BTC now with the exchange. Correct about delivery dates for any Klondike product and we are well aware of that that and will look at the situation. If delays are prolonged for chips we will review prices. Again August is our expectation all we are waiting on now is really the Avalon chips production is ready. As we begin to bundle our K1s you will see even greater savings.

Air Quotes for "Professional"? Why?

Seems to be a pretty solid product only a few failures I have read about here on the forums although they do run very hot, maybe too hot, and many owners seem to want to lower that temp with after market upgrading to cool them down. K1s when they ship will be a lot cooler.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:13:19 PM

^the quotes are not fully needed i guess, they were to refer to the fact that the design is fairly finalized, with the laser-etched heatsink (if you can call it that!) and 4 available colours.

I don't doubt the K1 can be made cheaper, and thats what i like to hear! By the time these enter production, difficulty will be through the roof and <0.3BTC prices may be necessary to come near break-even.

I see these 1-chip devices as more of a fun/gift item then a profitable device (unless you resell on ebay apparently), and think that it might be more important to focus on the 16-chip designs if profit is the goal (considering 5-8 of these K1s match the price of most K16 preorders)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:29:00 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 01:56:43 AM by Bicknellski

^the quotes are not fully needed i guess, they were to refer to the fact that the design is fairly finalized, with the laser-etched heatsink (if you can call it that!) and 4 available colours.

I don't doubt the K1 can be made cheaper, and thats what i like to hear! By the time these enter production, difficulty will be through the roof and <0.3BTC prices may be necessary to come near break-even.

I see these 1-chip devices as more of a fun/gift item then a profitable device (unless you resell on ebay apparently), and think that it might be more important to focus on the 16-chip designs if profit is the goal (considering 5-8 of these K1s match the price of most K16 preorders)

+1 Yes I can see that as well.

Personally as a teacher/principal I see the K1s as an excellent curriculum pathway, introducing bitcoin mining, math, electronics, and physics to students but also it is a great way to have a low cost / low tech entry into bitcoin mining for the first time miner to get an idea of what Bitcoin / Cryptocoins are all about before venturing deeper and ROI for them can be secondary.

If we can get these K1s fabricated and out to people in August through October as planned, (AVALON DELIVER NOW FOR THE SAKE OF MINERVA PLEASE) there is still potential to use them as a solid mining farm base especially if we can release our own designed hubs that can house masses of these units. We are also keen on our future USB miner that we will bundle with the hub and potentially the remaining K1s, but we are not yet ready to release the details just yet. Suffice to say BPMC is not some one trick pony group buy with overpriced products gouging every penny out of the community. We are here for the longer term and we are keen on open source hardware that will be cheaper and available to anyone willing to DIY. We will let you know as soon as we have the K1s ready... but like everyone else in DIY community we are waiting on Avalon to get us the chips.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:56:28 PM

Ƀ0.47 price looking better and better everyday.

play

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:00:32 PM

That's true.. but ASICminer keeps flooding the market. Better hurry up!

▄▄▄                                               
         ██▀█▀▀▀▀█▄                                         
         █▌██     █▌                                       
         █▌███     ▀█    ▄▄▄          ▄▄▄▄▄                 
        ▐█ ██████   ▀██▀▀▀ █▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████               
        ██ ████       ▀▀                 ████▄         ▄▄▄   
       ▐█▌ ▄▄███████████▄  ▄███████████▄ ████▌      ▄████ 
      ███ ▄█████▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌    ▀████▌ ▀████   ▄████▀   
      ██ ▄████▀███████████ ▐███▌███  ▐███▌   ████▄████▀     
     ▐██▐████ █ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▐███▄▄▄▄▄████▀█ ███▀█████▀       
    ▄██▌████▌ █ ██████████▌▐████████████▄  ███▄█████▄       
   ▐███▌▐█████  ██████████ ▐████████ ▐███▌██ ▄████████▄     
   ████▌▀███▄▄  ██ ▄▄████ ▐███████   ████▄████▀ ▀█████▄   
  ▐████▌██▀██████████████▀ ▐████████████▀▄████▀     ▀█████▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

──────  A Crypto Exchange Unlike Any Other
  ✔ SECURITY   ✔ TRANSPARENCY   ✔ ACCESSIBILITY
Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
Bitcointalk
Reddit
Website

HERO/LEGENDARY MEMBER
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:11:08 PM

Block erupters are going for as low as .40BTC in current group buys and are available right now, so I don't see how a K1 at .47BTC is viable considering these are pre-orders and pre-orders suck!

It's a shame so many folks are at the mercy of Avalon bulk chip shipments at the moment. Unfortunately, by the time you have these ready to ship in a month or two, block erupters will likely be selling for between .20BTC and .30BTC so I hope you can still make a profit selling K1s at that price...
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:29:41 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 05:58:32 AM by Bicknellski

BE's are not priced at .4 per unit. You  have to buy a minimum to get that price and again you are welcome since we were the first ones to offer that type of pricing which the BE group buys copied directly in order to be more competitive. Too bad they weren't offering that day one rather than gouging their customers. Sad.

As for dropping in price. They won't drop price unless we do so I doubt that will happen and we can all worry about that when we actually get the K1s out to market in 1 to 2 weeks, or longer depending on shipping of Avalon chips, at that point. All we are currently waiting on are the Avalon chips we have all our components lined up and ready to fabricate as soon as Avalon gets us our chips. We are pretty comfortable by working on bundling of K1s with hubs as the market matures in one or two months and that will be something that group buys won't be able to match. We are finalizing our USB hub which will be priced reasonably compared to other hubs offered off the shelf.

We suppose people will either buy or not buy, but what is certain we will be making K1s. We will be paying our royalties to BKKCoins and we will either sell out our lots or we will mine them. Again we are not worried either way and with a potential of terrahashes per second we are keen on offering cloud hashing in the future in our own farm / pool which the COOP members suspect will be a great way to get our K1s to work if they are not interesting to the community for sales. Also given what we have in development we are not really all that concerned with what USB products are on offer currently, as we are never locked into one chip, potentially waiting on some new design that is easily 4 to 6 months away. Having 3 Electrical Engineers as members in our COOP makes that less our problem and more group buy supplier problem. Once the Block Erupters have shot their load, as it were, we will be there to offer the next generation.

Although you might think we MUST SELL at lower rates that is a pretty narrow view for our COOP. Let us worry about the prices and delivery for K1s and let BE's Group Buy leaders worry about keeping up with us. I bet you dollars for donuts they will only drop prices only if we do. Given that is how they have played before I doubt they will change that strategy. We are pretty comfortable with whatever the market brings and 'firesales' to recover our production costs are unnecessary for our COOP. That might be what group buy leaders want for their BE's but we are here for the long term, we have a vision that is hardly limited to K1s and their sales.

play

Activity: 267

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:45:12 PM

Too bad they weren't offering that day one rather than gouging their customers. Sad.
Agreed!

As for dropping in price. They won't drop price unless we do...

Although you say this many times, I really believe K1's have a really small part if none in their price drops.
BE's have no ROI, and still they have thousands of devices to sell. Only option is to drop prices but still being a very expensive device for what it outputs.

Maybe when you can ship, will K1's price become part of the equation.
I really look forward for those days, where buyers don't have to pre-order based on hopes and dreams, so keep up the work! Wink

▄▄▄                                               
         ██▀█▀▀▀▀█▄                                         
         █▌██     █▌                                       
         █▌███     ▀█    ▄▄▄          ▄▄▄▄▄                 
        ▐█ ██████   ▀██▀▀▀ █▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████               
        ██ ████       ▀▀                 ████▄         ▄▄▄   
       ▐█▌ ▄▄███████████▄  ▄███████████▄ ████▌      ▄████ 
      ███ ▄█████▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌    ▀████▌ ▀████   ▄████▀   
      ██ ▄████▀███████████ ▐███▌███  ▐███▌   ████▄████▀     
     ▐██▐████ █ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▐███▄▄▄▄▄████▀█ ███▀█████▀       
    ▄██▌████▌ █ ██████████▌▐████████████▄  ███▄█████▄       
   ▐███▌▐█████  ██████████ ▐████████ ▐███▌██ ▄████████▄     
   ████▌▀███▄▄  ██ ▄▄████ ▐███████   ████▄████▀ ▀█████▄   
  ▐████▌██▀██████████████▀ ▐████████████▀▄████▀     ▀█████▄
  ▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

──────  A Crypto Exchange Unlike Any Other
  ✔ SECURITY   ✔ TRANSPARENCY   ✔ ACCESSIBILITY
Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
Bitcointalk
Reddit
Website

HERO/LEGENDARY MEMBER
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:50:02 AM

Too bad they weren't offering that day one rather than gouging their customers. Sad.
Agreed!

As for dropping in price. They won't drop price unless we do...

Although you say this many times, I really believe K1's have a really small part if none in their price drops.
BE's have no ROI, and still they have thousands of devices to sell. Only option is to drop prices but still being a very expensive device for what it outputs.

Maybe when you can ship, will K1's price become part of the equation.
I really look forward for those days, where buyers don't have to pre-order based on hopes and dreams, so keep up the work! Wink

Right now we will hold prices at this level and will determine whether or not to mine or sell the remainder of the lots we have as the market matures.

We really think the value we will have is to bundle our K1s with hubs, raspi's and SD cards, but again as we wait on Avalon Chips it is really hard to gauge that price point right now.

V0.3.0 Has been uploaded. Sexy drill holes for the Anodized Red Heat Sink. Hope to have some pictures soon.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:08:52 AM

We are all set now. All we need are Avalon chips. Anyone see the chips from later group buys feel free to shout out and let us know.

reznor

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:03:47 PM

I am interested in 5-10 K1's depending on price to replace my GPU's.

We are also looking at the possibility of USB hubs, Raspberry pi's, sd cards pre-flashed. Likely that will be later in September if all but we are working on that. Are you at all interested in bundles with a hub, raspi and the pre-flashed SD card? Or just the 5 - 10 K1's? Prices will be available in the coming week off the website.

IF that so then this will be much more effective than the currently USb Asic Miner that we are using. Just make sure that the pricing is very competitive for small time miners. Cant afford thousand bucks then this is a great alternative.

reznor

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:10:29 PM

That's true.. but ASICminer keeps flooding the market. Better hurry up!

This is very true! Come on K1 Nano Double time!  Grin  patiently waiting!  This is really a game changer for small time miners!  And of course you must also monitor the price of the other USB Asic miner, must have a competitive pricing.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:13:06 PM

That is situation right now. Till we get the Avalon chips delivered we have to wait. Until there are chips we won't be able to assess the situation appropriately and set bundled pricing. Time of delivery of those chips is the critical factor for pricing the K1s we are making. Pushing forward with our USB hub right now is also a priority so even if delays continue on the delivery of the Avalon chips we have something that miners need.

joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:56:53 PM

Sadly everyone is now in a holding pattern
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:37:08 PM

I bought one of these off you bicknellski.  Can't wait to get it Smiley

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:17:49 PM

I bought one of these off you bicknellski.  Can't wait to get it Smiley

Off us... takes more than me to get the K1 ready. Thanks for the purchase. As soon as we hear the chips are at the fab we will let you know.

helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:19:00 PM

paypal?

looking job
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:53:42 PM

paypal?

BTC only. Please read our terms and conditions on the website.

bigpicturemining.org

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: