Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:30:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REFUND PROCESSING COMPLETED] K1 Nanos - Big Picture Mining Cooperative  (Read 30758 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:56:58 PM

I bought one of these off you bicknellski.  Can't wait to get it Smiley

Off us... takes more than me to get the K1 ready. Thanks for the purchase. As soon as we hear the chips are at the fab we will let you know.

Fo shizzle Smiley

I've got a giant K16 buy in another thread, but I digest...

I saw in another group buy that ordered late april and received late July. 

When did you order the chips?  (I'm just being lazy, if it's covered in this thread) Smiley

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:03:38 PM

I bought one of these off you bicknellski.  Can't wait to get it Smiley

Off us... takes more than me to get the K1 ready. Thanks for the purchase. As soon as we hear the chips are at the fab we will let you know.

Fo shizzle Smiley

I've got a giant K16 buy in another thread, but I digest...

I saw in another group buy that ordered late april and received late July. 

When did you order the chips?  (I'm just being lazy, if it's covered in this thread) Smiley

We are spread out from May to June on various group buys... hard to know when these chips will arrive given the 2 to 3 weeks of delays already. We should have received some developer chips and still waiting even on those. We are looking at alternatives as well just in case we have delivery delays that just cause ROI to completely tank. Suffice to say at some point Avalon has to deliver or face problems with trust for future business.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 07:40:14 AM

I asked for a refund for my preorder 2 days ago.. Still have not received it..

Order number 57... Please advise. :/

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 08:04:14 AM

People are wondering will the K1 be a viable product coming out of our fabrication by Big Picture Mining Coop. We believe we are ready for any challenges and we are doing what it is required to get working products in hand to our customers.

BPMC Inspection and testing of the K1 Nano PCB should encompass Industry Standards and best manufacturing practice.

Specifically:

Inspection:
Visual Inspection and/or Automated Optical Inspection.
The PCB shall be inspected in accordance with the requirements of IPC-A-600 PCB Inspection Guidelines to insure that a Class II product us delivered to client.

Testing:
The following tests to be performed on a mutually agreed number of sample coupons per production batch:

1. Impedance test traces
2. Access points to power and ground plane pairs
3. Checking the “stacking” of the layers

PCB Functionality Testing:
The following tests to be performed on a mutually agreed number of PCBs from first sample batch run:

1. Analog signature analysis.                                                                   (power off)
2. In-Circuit test -Power supply (Voltage).                                                 (power on)
3. Clock signal test.                                                                               (power on)
4. Programming test/ PIC functionality test                                                (power on)
5. Ktest via USB (Automated for GO - NOGO signal).                                    (power on)
6. Beta Software test (Function Specific Test using BFG &/or CGminer)           (power on)

After all above test results are found to be acceptable to client, full production line run can commence.
Client may request further samples from the production line to undergo Tests 1-6 above.

Good job - now we pay 50 dollars for a device expected to make $30 if you have it in hand today and running - still a sunk cost which means zero ROI.  What are you guys even making this for?  This is why Groupbuys for chips are a bad idea... you guys along with all the other cottage Asic Builders are waiting for Yifu to deliver the Avalon Chips - Anyone who trusted in you also indirectly trusted in Yifu too thanks for lowering the price from laughable to still laughable.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 09:19:20 PM

I still have received no reply or refund on my order, this was asked for 3 days ago.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:43:25 AM

Good job - now we pay 50 dollars for a device expected to make $30 if you have it in hand today and running - still a sunk cost which means zero ROI.  What are you guys even making this for?  This is why Groupbuys for chips are a bad idea... you guys along with all the other cottage Asic Builders are waiting for Yifu to deliver the Avalon Chips - Anyone who trusted in you also indirectly trusted in Yifu too thanks for lowering the price from laughable to still laughable.
Where the hell did you get these calculations? From mine there's still ROI to be made if you COULD have these in hand now. As with the delays in chip delivery I think there's no chance for ROI at 50$ Anyone who wants to get into ASIC Hobby mining(1-2GH) is already going for the Block Eruptors. Me? I'm waiting on 10 chips, I may just outright sell them whenever they get delivered and will never trust Avalon again.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:13:06 AM

I still have received no reply or refund on my order, this was asked for 3 days ago.

Can you make your signature block more annoying please... thx in advance.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:29:30 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 11:42:06 AM by Bicknellski

You have received PM's from me less than 3 days ago and with my spotty Internet I have tried as much as I can to be here and responding.

I am personally trying to contact our website manager and have emailed him directly, through the website and I have updated your order as much as I can with a note.

I apologize for the delay in getting the refund this is clearly our fault and I am trying what I can to get this rectified from Puncak in the mountains south of Jakarta with very very very limited Internet access.

As a last resort I can give you my own BTC but you will need to sign a message to me so that I can verify you have control of the account you want the BTC sent and I will have to verify your identity as well through the message so that I am sure you are the same person who ordered. Please communicate with me via PM or via email darin.bicknell@gmail.com.

Again please understand I have very limited access to the Internet and it is hit and miss with the cell towers here. So I will do what I can. I am sorry for the wait it is our fault I hope to have this fixed today if at all possible.

---------------------------

Note if delays continue in shipping from Avalon we will provide full refunds, or store credits for our 50 port USB hub and or our 2nd Generation miners available in the coming months, will be given as there is little point to holding out hope for a production if Avalon is failing to respond and send us information. The DIY community is unfortunately being held hostage at this time and our production is part of that DIY community. We echo the communities frustration with Avalon and we agree with the sentiment of choosing not to work with any company that is ineffectual in terms of delivery and communications and it is becoming all to clear Avalon is slipping into that range of companies.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DobZombie

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:50:40 AM

How come my order is being refunded?

What's going on?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:32:37 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 04:43:05 AM by Bicknellski

How come my order is being refunded?

What's going on?

Avalon has failed to deliver on the chips. We are unable to produce a product without them.

At this time we are working on our refund process so we hope to have that ready this week and refunds will start soon after that. We have formally sent a ticket into Avalon for a refund for our chips as such we are officially not going to produce our K1 Nanos. We will hopefully have a superior product available in August or September that is based on chips from a company that has actually delivered their chips on time and to customers without delays.

Refund process:

1. Customers sign a message from an address they control and send the details via the website contact please CC me at darin.bicknell@gmail.com as a back up.
2. We will take your message and verify it and post the information in your order ticket and notify you we have verified the address.
3. We will be working on sending out refunds as soon as we resolve a few internal issues with the website and our cooperative BTC addresses this should be done soon but we want to make sure that everythings is refunded without errors so we need to be sure that we do not do double refunds or send BTC to the wrong addresses.
4. We will then send out refunds soon as these issues are resolved.

Please email me for further details and do not post any details here in terms of addresses etc to keep them as secure as possible.

We will be sending out a more detailed email but suffice to say K1 production is being halted as there has been no reasonable information posted from Avalon directly to us about the location and delivery of the chips. We have not been shipped our developer chips which should have arrived many weeks ago. Rather than wait for 4 to 6 more weeks for delivery of chips given the marked delays already in orders we are trying get the BTC back in your hands so you can buy other products.

Note we are close to having a USB Miner ready using a chip that currently produces 1.2 Gh/s in our prototypes. We are also going to auction off 20 units to the community when they have been fully tested on our website. Also we will likely produce these USB Miners as a DIY model that people can buy soon and then put their own chips on and start mining.

We are sorry for the Avalon Chip delays but we feel we need to cut off production so that we avoid the longer potential delays associated with this uncontrolled situation. We hope  our other products can pick up the slack.

DobZombie

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:48:25 AM

Aww that sucks Sad

I was looking forward to putting one of these in The Bitcoin Museum

Can't wait for the new generation Smiley

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:53:31 AM

Be wary about offering refunds when Avalon WON'T refund you for the chips. You'll have 10k chips arriving on your door.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:00:44 AM

Note we are close to having a USB Miner ready using a chip that currently produces 1.2 Gh/s in our prototypes. We are also going to auction off 20 units to the community when they have been fully tested on our website. Also we will likely produce these USB Miners as a DIY model that people can buy soon and then put their own chips on and start mining.

Really Interested in this... Would the kit include the chip? If not would be nice to know which chip to buy.. Wink
I know your keeping this close to your belt, just letting you no there's interest..

This is all such a shame after all the work that has been put in by yourself, Chris and others. Am gonna get my k16's done regardless just so something comes out of it even at a loss, but I only had a few anyway so its no big deal..

Regards

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:12:36 AM

@ Bicknellski

Question: Are you by any chance funding your refunds to your buyers by some sort of separate sales channel deal?

Like for example, do you have any associations with ASICMiner?

65nm Gen2 = 1.2 to 2.5 GH/s (per chip) AM hardware?
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:42:30 AM

Really Interested in this... Would the kit include the chip? If not would be nice to know which chip to buy.. Wink
I know your keeping this close to your belt, just letting you no there's interest..

This is all such a shame after all the work that has been put in by yourself, Chris and others. Am gonna get my k16's done regardless just so something comes out of it even at a loss, but I only had a few anyway so its no big deal..

Regards
The kit will most likely include everything but the chip. Just install the chip and you are ready to start hashing. It will also include the required cgminer and bfgminer plugins.

Message me if you have any problems
Beastlymac

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:44:26 AM

@ Bicknellski

Question: Are you by any chance funding your refunds to your buyers by some sort of separate sales channel deal?

Refunds for the k1 are just coming from what people have already payed. They will be refunded 100% of what they originally payed. We also have no associations with ASICMiner.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:52:00 AM

@ Bicknellski

Refunds for the k1 are just coming from what people have already payed. They will be refunded 100% of what they originally payed. We also have no associations with ASICMiner.

A company selling miners that is doing the right thing and returning 100% due to not providing timely delivery.

I call SCAM  Grin

Shut up and take there Money!!

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Beastlymac

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:20:19 AM

@ Bicknellski

A company selling miners that is doing the right thing and returning 100% due to not providing timely delivery.

I call SCAM  Grin

We are just working to do our best for the community we are not in this for riches we are in it to help the community and make miners and other mineing paraphernalia available to the masses.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:53:04 AM

I really hope you make more then 20 of pre-made for community of new ones.  Lots would love to try something with 1.2 ghz. 
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:49:32 AM

@ Bicknellski

I call SCAM  Grin

I know, bizarre right?

Is this one of those times where you don't question the gift of a refund??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: