Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:14:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REFUND PROCESSING COMPLETED] K1 Nanos - Big Picture Mining Cooperative  (Read 30758 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:20:45 AM

Note we are close to having a USB Miner ready using a chip that currently produces 1.2 Gh/s in our prototypes.

I bet it's Bitfury.

Congrats on refunds, it's the right thing to do, and extremely rare. Will be remembered.
driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:57:34 AM

Sad to see this to happend. I will be following your upcoming project with interest.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:59:09 AM

I really hope you make more then 20 of pre-made for community of new ones.  Lots would love to try something with 1.2 ghz.  

We have only 20 test chips in the prototype lot and the other chips we have on hand are going to members not for sales. I suppose members might do private sales of these units but I suspect they will mine with them. So the boards we will be offering is of the DIY variety as the time frame for mass production of miners is likely to be months we doubt that anyone would be interested in buying USB units if there is a flood of cheaper single chip units that are much more cost effective in October or November.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:07:54 AM

May i suggest that you link to your new project in your footer? It's always a hassle finding these interesting projects and my watchlist doesnt seem to update all the time.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:09:40 AM

Aww that sucks Sad

I was looking forward to putting one of these in The Bitcoin Museum

Can't wait for the new generation Smiley

Maybe you can get one signed from BKKCoins... that be best anyhow.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:10:39 AM

May i suggest that you link to your new project in your footer? It's always a hassle finding these interesting projects and my watchlist doesnt seem to update all the time.

Footer is for BOYCOTTS to Avalon. As soon as we have a product available and cleared our refunds we will start advertising the new ones.

reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:01:40 PM

Footer is for BOYCOTTS to Avalon. As soon as we have a product available and cleared our refunds we will start advertising the new ones.

Awesome, it is good to see the team is moving forward.  Current vendors are still selling for profit instead of any reasonable ROI, good luck to getting your next product out of the gate before someone else can undercut you. Sad
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:25:17 PM

I applaud BPM for protecting their customers, a refreshing change in a BTC only business.  I wish you and your investors luck seeking restitution from Avalon.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:49:25 PM

Awesome, it is good to see the team is moving forward.  Current vendors are still selling for profit instead of any reasonable ROI, good luck to getting your next product out of the gate before someone else can undercut you. Sad

Thanks guys. We hope we can simply put out some products people can reasonably use without being dead weight. There are exciting times ahead with some pretty amazing boards and chips. I can't wait to see them personally regardless if we produce some or not.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:24:23 AM

Refund Processing is now taking place.

I have sent out an email to all customers about this and the procedure that you need to follow so that we can start the refund process for your order.

Given we stored all the bitcoin in a cold wallet in secure locations across a few locations this will take us a few days to reconstitute your BTC into digital form. We were going to hold it in cold storage that way until we had shipped our product as a backup incase of something catastrophic like Avalon failing to deliver quality chips that blew up 1 week after customer use or the units sinking to the bottom of the pacific during shipping. We were going to use our own funds for the chips, fab and shipping but given Avalon's abject failure we can't really risk our own or our customers bitcoin any further. We apologize for the delays in refunding your BTC and we are working hard to have this process ready for refunds by early next week. We hope to have new products up soon after we have completed all the refunds.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:51:19 AM

I have sent out an email to all customers about this and the procedure that you need to follow so that we can start the refund process for your order.

Given we stored all the bitcoin in a cold wallet in secure locations across a few locations this will take us a few days to reconstitute your BTC into digital form. We were going to hold it in cold storage that way until we had shipped our product as a backup incase of something catastrophic like Avalon failing to deliver quality chips that blew up 1 week after customer use or the units sinking to the bottom of the pacific during shipping. We were going to use our own funds for the chips, fab and shipping but given Avalon's abject failure we can't really risk our own or our customers bitcoin any further. We apologize for the delays in refunding your BTC and we are working hard to have this process ready for refunds by early next week. We hope to have new products up soon after we have completed all the refunds.

As stated before:

Shocked  Wow,Refunding?? Really??  Shocked  If only ALL ASIC "companies" acted like you guys,the world of Bitcoin would be sooo awesome  Cool

Congrats on your choice to "cut your loses" & looking forward to your future endeavors  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
szym00

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:08:49 AM

...I did not receive any email from you.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:07:47 AM

...I did not receive any email from you.
What order number are you?

Message me if you have any problems
szym00

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:17:52 AM

I sent you a PM...
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:24:46 AM

A company that is doing refunds.  Round of applause for this.  Turns out ASICMiner isnt only honest company.
BitcoinNerd

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 07:54:37 AM

Aww that sucks Sad

I was looking forward to putting one of these in The Bitcoin Museum

Can't wait for the new generation Smiley

Maybe you can get one signed from BKKCoins... that be best anyhow.

I did the next best thing.  Bought all the K1 parts from his site ( including proto board and solder stencil)

Only for the museum Smiley

I look forward to the auction of those 20 prototypes.  As I've stated, I'll be keen to get one of these in my Bitcoin Museum
Beastlymac

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:02:00 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 01:32:18 PM by Beastlymac

I sent you a PM...

We are only doing refunds for k1 nanos purchased from our website. You will have to talk to SebastianJu about that.

szym00

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:43:29 AM

All right... thanks man! I did not notice that.... sorry!
-Redacted-

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:06:22 PM

I sent you a PM...

Your pm

Hi,

I ordered the chips from SebastianJu. It was Batch#1 and my order number was 82

Take a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.msg2377630#msg2377630

Regards,
-redacted-

We are only doing refunds for k1 nanos purchased from our website. You will have to talk to SebastianJu about that.

I did not send that PM ?

How will you deal with payments that were made in Bitcoin, like mine was ?
Beastlymac

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 01:33:34 PM

I sent you a PM...

Your pm

Regards,
-redacted-

I did not send that PM ?

How will you deal with payments that were made in Bitcoin, like mine was ?
I meant that I had removed his name. Payments made in BTC will be refunded in BTC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: