Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:04:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Announcing Galaxycoin - GLX, the new PoW/PoS coin, no premine!  (Read 100384 times)
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:37:29 PM

There is something weird going on with the network: share rates go up and down -- looks like some huge multipool comes to mine from time to time which results in difficulty spikes. Then they go away and difficulty goes way down. Rinse and repeat.

Someone needs to fix their software, as this is not doing any service to their users, nor to the coin.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bengtåke

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

confused developer

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:01:35 PM

FYI cryptsy is on the fork that right now has 219094 blocks (hash of block 219094 is 0000000053235ef712be5fae119519f992b0d816e14ac5918a0882beb0486e64). There are at least two forks, poolofpools and coinchoose are on the "wrong" one for example.

If your client stops syncing you probably have a bunch of messages like this in your debug.log;

ERROR: mempool transaction missing input

Just restart the client every time this happens to continue syncing (might/will happen quite a few times during syncing... ).

BTC: 1HoDKDn6Gk7mggAhbRVA1T9UAU8kFAA6sy
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:20:43 PM

There is something weird going on with the network: share rates go up and down -- looks like some huge multipool comes to mine from time to time which results in difficulty spikes. Then they go away and difficulty goes way down. Rinse and repeat.

Someone needs to fix their software, as this is not doing any service to their users, nor to the coin.
It will be forking. The diff rate on the coin wouldn't be so low if there were any huge pools mining it.

The coin needs work, the diff rate change percentage needs to be lowered to make it less aggressive, some new checkpoints need adding, and something needs to be done about the errors:

icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:30:28 AM

It will be forking. The diff rate on the coin wouldn't be so low if there were any huge pools mining it.

The coin needs work, the diff rate change percentage needs to be lowered to make it less aggressive, some new checkpoints need adding, and something needs to be done about the errors:

The dev stopped supporting it.

I'm working on (slowly) building a new wallet that fixes these errors.
I will then take over development
w0lf0.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:41:40 AM

anyone mining solo glx?
footlongc

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 05:57:38 PM

Admin from poolofpools here, looks like coinarmy is on the same fork as us... How are you determining which is the 'right' fork? Based on cryptsy? Are any pools on the 'right' fork?  How are you even sure there is a fork? When did the fork happen?   I've been able to send coins to cryptsy from our pool and it wasn't that long ago.    I will gladly kill our pool if we are on the wrong fork, as I'm quite tired of the wallet eating as much CPU as it does.  We definitely need to either kill this coin or get a new 'modern' set of wallets.

FYI cryptsy is on the fork that right now has 219094 blocks (hash of block 219094 is 0000000053235ef712be5fae119519f992b0d816e14ac5918a0882beb0486e64). There are at least two forks, poolofpools and coinchoose are on the "wrong" one for example.

If your client stops syncing you probably have a bunch of messages like this in your debug.log;

Just restart the client every time this happens to continue syncing (might/will happen quite a few times during syncing... ).
xen0s

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:52:48 PM

so lets talk about 0% fee pools
currently mining at http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/
so, what do we have here?
first, take a look at finder section

as we see, first place taken by user luqash3
second, take a look at blocks section

nice work luqash3

and third, take a look at pool section

wow luqash3 23kh/s....and most blocks finded by this user

maybe I dont understand how things works...but it seems A LITTLE strange for me when 20kh/s miner finds a blocks almost one by one...

can someone explain this ?
ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:23:29 AM

Easy, that user has been mining at a much higher hash rate earlier and has then left the pool after withdrawing their coins or whatever.

It takes a while for the pool to update after someone leaves the pool while contributing an extremely high hash-rate because they have so much existing shares left.

Therefore the pool software will still calculate some of the existing shares in the hashrates.

You can try this yourself if you like; try out my pool for a while, disconnect, and see if your account still shows a positive hashrate for a while longer before finally reaching zero (0).

xen0s

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:43:31 AM

Easy, that user has been mining at a much higher hash rate earlier and has then left the pool after withdrawing their coins or whatever.

It takes a while for the pool to update after someone leaves the pool while contributing an extremely high hash-rate because they have so much existing shares left.

Therefore the pool software will still calculate some of the existing shares in the hashrates.

You can try this yourself if you like; try out my pool for a while, disconnect, and see if your account still shows a positive hashrate for a while longer before finally reaching zero (0).

sure, sure...

lets take a look at today stats

luqash3 continue to work with average hashrate of 20-25kh/s, and he still finds the most blocks
poor highspeed miners....look like there just not enougn luck for them, right ckoeber?
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:55:20 AM

luqash3 continue to work with average hashrate of 20-25kh/s, and he still finds the most blocks
poor highspeed miners....look like there just not enougn luck for them, right ckoeber?

I am not to defend whoever, I am just puzzled about that Smiley

As far as I see the pool does not offer any extra reward to block finders apart from this rating (It might be that I missed something). Then why this bothers you?

If you suspect that something is handled unfair, why you don't change the pool?

Do you know that different card models produce different results in terms of solution reporting latency?
xen0s

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:32:17 PM

lets consider a guy with a veyron and guy with 1980 year vw golf
they go 1/4 mile 10 times, and m8 with golf win 8 of 10 races...
its very interesting why do you need spent money to veyron if you can win with 1980 junk...and very strange)
ckoeber

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:04:03 PM

Fair enough; review how many shares that user earned and thus what was the respective payouts for that user each round.

You can scroll back to any round in question via the arrows at the top of the page.
ckoeber

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:05:32 PM

As far as I see the pool does not offer any extra reward to block finders apart from this rating (It might be that I missed something). Then why this bothers you?

Do you know that different card models produce different results in terms of solution reporting latency?

Because this person is most likely trying to promote another pool. What better way to do that than to sully an existing pool operator who charges no fees. Smiley Smiley
xen0s

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:34:58 PM

Because this person is most likely trying to promote another pool. What better way to do that than to sully an existing pool operator who charges no fees. Smiley Smiley
show pls the post from me with link to another glx pool...or just continue to make your good work, sir lugash-ckoeber
ckoeber

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:42:32 PM

show pls the post from me with link to another glx pool...or just continue to make your good work, sir lugash-ckoeber

Review the stats from all of the blocks found and post how many coins that account has made.

You can keep monitoring as long as you like; those stats are publicly available.
Apostle4444

Activity: 832
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Please fix the client as its not working anymore..
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:56:53 AM

Please fix the client as its not working anymore..

I've been working on it
ckoeber

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:00:52 PM

Any updates on a new client? We could also use some changes on how difficulties are calculated.

FYI, my pool at http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/ is still running.

VARDIFF Support, no fees, prop payouts, and stratum based mining.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4905

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:35:55 PM

Looks like 50% orphans.

http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

What Pool is on the right chain and what nodes are?

And is there a downloadable QT wallet?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:12:23 PM

Well, you are mostly right. Except for the part where you think it's a pool. My software solo mines this coin when diff goes below 1.5 and switches to other coins whenever it goes above. No sense in wasting any time on this coin above 1.5. I can usually knockout double digit blocks blocks everytime the diff crashes and spend 95% of my time on some other coin.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: