Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recognize scam  (Read 3157 times)
AldenGreen

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

{Capricorn}

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:52:12 AM

Its really hard to differentiate what is scam and what is not, some of them are good, too good to be true, some have a nice website but still end up to be a scam at the end, almost all are just redundancy project.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:59:13 AM

Its really hard to differentiate what is scam and what is not, some of them are good, too good to be true, some have a nice website but still end up to be a scam at the end, almost all are just redundancy project.

We can easily see if the project is a scam if its too good to be true, read carefully everything about it before you invest. This is the risk we are talking about on this kind of market specially when you are joining ICO’s. But if you really believe on the specific project go invest on it. Always think that if its high risk it can gives higher profit but of course invest only what you can afford to loose.
tuanvie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:03:13 PM

That’s very interesting. There are too many scammer around and some of them look/talk very proffessional. Sometimes it’s really hard to understand.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Schmolke

Activity: 25
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:04:26 PM

Hello everyone!

Today I've read a couple of articles and I've noticed that the most people are used to label each ICO as a scam. That is not fair, I know.

Well it is perfectly fair because ICO = Ponzi.
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:21:38 PM

For me, its hard to recognize scam. As i goes, in this cryptocurrency, I learned some key points to consider and one of this is the services offered , if its too good to be true and very positive to all bitcoiners, it easilly attracts but in reality very risky to take investments on it.

Sexy_Sees

Activity: 128
Merit: 22

Life is like a box of chocolates :)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:44:37 PM

A lot of porjects have no team members photo's. It is fishy right? No whitepaper, but already in the ICO token sale. Red flag. Are there more issues I have to really look out for when I look into an ICO??  Roll Eyes
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:21:10 PM

A lot of porjects have no team members photo's. It is fishy right? No whitepaper, but already in the ICO token sale. Red flag. Are there more issues I have to really look out for when I look into an ICO??  Roll Eyes

Absolutely true

Also you should find advisors, contact the team and ask a lot of questions

What is more you could try to find some information about a team in google
alex2011576

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

Absolutely true

Yeah, it is alway an issue when choosing the right company to invest in. Even though there are many companies with good team but it is kinda hard to find smth with good advisors who are engaged in the process. Do somebody know any ones ?
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:41:09 PM

Absolutely true

Yeah, it is alway an issue when choosing the right company to invest in. Even though there are many companies with good team but it is kinda hard to find smth with good advisors who are engaged in the process. Do somebody know any ones ?

KickCity  Wink
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:43:10 PM

Thats good opinion, i still learning how to figured out th project scam or not
Im afraid that the project that i do was scam its been a long time i do that
If that was scam that should be dissapointed to me but i take it as a lesson so i dont get into the same hole

alex2011576

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:54:16 PM

Absolutely true

KickCity  Wink

Do u have any links? Where may get more info about it? Any other examples?
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:59:44 PM

Absolutely true

KickCity  Wink

Do u have any links? Where may get more info about it? Any other examples?

yeah, sure

please visit website https://ico.kickcity.io
and telegram chat https://t.me/kickcity_chat
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:00:28 PM

Add this one too if you are an avid fan of joining signature campaigns:

"When the reward for each participant of the campaign is too good to be true."

Pretty self-explanatory. If the campaign manager is offering an unreasonable high amount of btc or even alt coins for participating the signature campaign, it's probably fishy. The campaign manager must have at least explained in their bounty how the reward system works.

befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:06:42 PM

Spotting a scam project is an impossible thing right now, 90% projects don't show up their real team development and the owner behind . All projects are similar like the others and their solution don't help much for real-life problems.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:13:44 PM

My red flags are as follows:
Site is very glossy and slick but has numerous spelling and grammar errors, now I know that English is not everyone's first language  but it shows a lack off attention to detail (I had a company website in English and Chinese it was checked by a native chinese speaker for accuracy before we published it).
No photo's and checkable details on the founders and senior team.
Very large for the size number of tokens- why have 100's or 1000's of millions of tokens if you only need to raise a finite amount of cash? Will the rest be burnt? It is like a new start company having an authorised share capital of tens of millions of £/$ etc and only issuing a few hundred.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:26:14 PM

Add this one too if you are an avid fan of joining signature campaigns:

"When the reward for each participant of the campaign is too good to be true."

Pretty self-explanatory. If the campaign manager is offering an unreasonable high amount of btc or even alt coins for participating the signature campaign, it's probably fishy. The campaign manager must have at least explained in their bounty how the reward system works.

I think this one is one of a good reason to be suspicious in that campaigns. As I witnessed, several campaigns already with very big promises vanishes with the money being invested. Also, if the person behind the project is controversial and anonymous. Also, if they cant come out with a good website design LOL  Cheesy
Dorzkie40

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:32:00 PM

In first place its hard to recognize the scammers here in bitcoin community which you need enough information or evidence in order to distinguished. Well, on my part as being a newbie I will ask to those experts here and gather some tips and informations to avoid being scammed. Hoping also I'm may not be scammed since I'm just new here in cryroto world. Smiley
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:34:37 PM

Hello everyone!

Today I've read a couple of articles and I've noticed that the most people are used to label each ICO as a scam. That is not fair, I know. Especially when you work in a startup launching ICO and do your best to make a project successful. However, having worked in ICO industry I learned how to recognize a scam just from one conversation with a Founder. I don't know how to explain this feeling. Probably, my subconscious translates knowledge, but I could not say a have a large experience.

So I decided to make a list of scam signs: (and this is just my own opinion)

- A founder and a team are not open.

Talking with a founder is always nice. They are usually full of energy and ready to talk about their project for hours. No matter how tired he/she is: when one is asking about a project, a founder starts talking about it with eyes burn with a fire. No matter who you are. When a founder deflects, tries to escape and avoids it makes you think that he/she just can't tell you anything important. What is more, it is crucial talking to a team. When a team member doesn't know how to answer a simple question about a product, it is also a bad sign.

In case of the lack of opportunity to visit an event and to talk to a team, you always can contact a founder and a team online. They should be open and answer patiently all your difficult questions. Even if you ask it every minute.

- Spending a lot of money on marketing isn't always show professionalism.

Just think. A company needs ICO to raise money for a company development. Isn't it a little bit queerly when an unknown company is too fancy. How? And Why? Why do they need ICO if they already have money on expensive advertisement? I don't know too  Huh

- You know nothing about a founder. And you cant find any information about him/her.

Always google the founder. Always. And now I'm not talking about his/her FB page. I'm talking about his experience, education, photos, events he took part in. A founder should not be a mysterious person who came from nowhere. His background should be open to everyone.

- They don't have a readymade product.

Let's make a sober recognition. The competition is high. In the end of 2017 - the beginning of 2018 you just can't appear with an idea and ask for money. You need to develop your product before ICO. It should not be an amazing one. It could be just prototype. But investors need something real. They need to touch and try your product. However, just 16% of all ICO has a product.

And what do you think about it? What are your signs of a scam?

Thank you, this is a great list for our lessons, too many scams in this Bitcointalk forum, they appear and then disappear from the radar in a few moments, we need to be more careful and survey the project or ICO we will follow. But it must be remembered that not all projects or ICOs are frauds.
Jaydis

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:35:35 PM

There is always a a doubtful provided by a scam ico like inactive telegram, lack of person involvement which is designated in a task needed and also unverifiable given information, and a project which is like hitting the air I mean a project which is far from reality.
gandhe83

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:36:48 PM

Spotting a scam project is an impossible thing right now, 90% projects don't show up their real team development and the owner behind . All projects are similar like the others and their solution don't help much for real-life problems.
A project scam often has individuals who have scammed and if learn carefully can you realising it. These projects often do not have clear roadmap roadmap and they often copy from other projects. The technical platform of the project scam often wrong and if you have the knowledge about the technology that projects often fails. There is a number of ways that I use to learn about the project scam in this time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: