Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recognize scam  (Read 3157 times)
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

In recognizing if it is scam, asks some legal document to the group of people where they offer their product.
Don't invest to the company where the Founder or the creator of that group is hiding their real image or personality because absolutely they are the scammers.

I am not sure about this because as far I can see, many ICO give a real picture or maybe I cannot detect fake image for every people in the project. but this could be another option to detect the ICO is real or not and I think we can ask them about their project and what their vision with their project. I think if they are a good team, they will give information related to the project so people can know that there is a legit project and people could feel safe to join with them.

I gree with you because you always should check everything out and bee careful

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lama_in_da_house

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:48:08 AM

In recognizing if it is scam, asks some legal document to the group of people where they offer their product.
Don't invest to the company where the Founder or the creator of that group is hiding their real image or personality because absolutely they are the scammers.

I am not sure about this because as far I can see, many ICO give a real picture or maybe I cannot detect fake image for every people in the project. but this could be another option to detect the ICO is real or not and I think we can ask them about their project and what their vision with their project. I think if they are a good team, they will give information related to the project so people can know that there is a legit project and people could feel safe to join with them.

I gree with you because you always should check everything out and bee careful

It is a good topic, but you need to be careful thought
ozgun_a

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 09:59:30 AM

Along with everything discussed here, I can point out that making "google image search" with the founders' photos helps a lot.

You can also view their web page source with a right click and see if the web page is built with a readily available web template. I'm not against using a template but hey, these guys are developers and it would be really nice to see their skills in their web page.

Finally, if an ICO leaves "p*n*s" as a note to their investors, you know that's a scam Smiley

Buying.com
Decentralized E-Commerce Network
●    PRE-SALE: October 1, 2018    ●
Jessica2009

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:41:42 AM

Due to social media's  they allow fraud in the internet when ever there is new or hot the scammers reach there to find any hot news for them. further more, Bitcoin is a digital virtual currency and there is no interference of a central authority.Since only a few knows about Bitcoin they trust that Bitcoin has value and it is too volatile there is a dark side to Bitcoin that is some malwares some software that will mess our computer fake Bitcoin wallets attracting the users.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Saritamo

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:00:39 AM

Some are hard to infer so well done. In principle, little information and made to sound good, too good.
bosimpson54

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:01:09 AM

Hello everyone!

Today I've read a couple of articles and I've noticed that the most people are used to label each ICO as a scam. That is not fair, I know. Especially when you work in a startup launching ICO and do your best to make a project successful. However, having worked in ICO industry I learned how to recognize a scam just from one conversation with a Founder. I don't know how to explain this feeling. Probably, my subconscious translates knowledge, but I could not say a have a large experience.

So I decided to make a list of scam signs: (and this is just my own opinion)

- A founder and a team are not open.

Talking with a founder is always nice. They are usually full of energy and ready to talk about their project for hours. No matter how tired he/she is: when one is asking about a project, a founder starts talking about it with eyes burn with a fire. No matter who you are. When a founder deflects, tries to escape and avoids it makes you think that he/she just can't tell you anything important. What is more, it is crucial talking to a team. When a team member doesn't know how to answer a simple question about a product, it is also a bad sign.

In case of the lack of opportunity to visit an event and to talk to a team, you always can contact a founder and a team online. They should be open and answer patiently all your difficult questions. Even if you ask it every minute.

- Spending a lot of money on marketing isn't always show professionalism.

Just think. A company needs ICO to raise money for a company development. Isn't it a little bit queerly when an unknown company is too fancy. How? And Why? Why do they need ICO if they already have money on expensive advertisement? I don't know too  Huh

- You know nothing about a founder. And you cant find any information about him/her.

Always google the founder. Always. And now I'm not talking about his/her FB page. I'm talking about his experience, education, photos, events he took part in. A founder should not be a mysterious person who came from nowhere. His background should be open to everyone.

- They don't have a readymade product.

Let's make a sober recognition. The competition is high. In the end of 2017 - the beginning of 2018 you just can't appear with an idea and ask for money. You need to develop your product before ICO. It should not be an amazing one. It could be just prototype. But investors need something real. They need to touch and try your product. However, just 16% of all ICO has a product.

And what do you think about it? What are your signs of a scam?

I think the way to get spam or junk is when we go deeper into those messages or emails to check, I've encountered a lot of scams and when I made a mistake then the news I have lost all the information and money I have, there are many fraudulent messages to my email and phone but now I ignore to avoid the risk.
wafer_enak

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:06:08 AM

Hello everyone!

Today I've read a couple of articles and I've noticed that the most people are used to label each ICO as a scam. That is not fair, I know. Especially when you work in a startup launching ICO and do your best to make a project successful. However, having worked in ICO industry I learned how to recognize a scam just from one conversation with a Founder. I don't know how to explain this feeling. Probably, my subconscious translates knowledge, but I could not say a have a large experience.

Talking with a founder is always nice. They are usually full of energy and ready to talk about their project for hours. No matter how tired he/she is: when one is asking about a project, a founder starts talking about it with eyes burn with a fire. No matter who you are. When a founder deflects, tries to escape and avoids it makes you think that he/she just can't tell you anything important. What is more, it is crucial talking to a team. When a team member doesn't know how to answer a simple question about a product, it is also a bad sign.

In case of the lack of opportunity to visit an event and to talk to a team, you always can contact a founder and a team online. They should be open and answer patiently all your difficult questions. Even if you ask it every minute.

Just think. A company needs ICO to raise money for a company development. Isn't it a little bit queerly when an unknown company is too fancy. How? And Why? Why do they need ICO if they already have money on expensive advertisement? I don't know too  Huh

- You know nothing about a founder. And you cant find any information about him/her.

Always google the founder. Always. And now I'm not talking about his/her FB page. I'm talking about his experience, education, photos, events he took part in. A founder should not be a mysterious person who came from nowhere. His background should be open to everyone.

Let's make a sober recognition. The competition is high. In the end of 2017 - the beginning of 2018 you just can't appear with an idea and ask for money. You need to develop your product before ICO. It should not be an amazing one. It could be just prototype. But investors need something real. They need to touch and try your product. However, just 16% of all ICO has a product.

the characteristics of a scammer
Miner mining time Very Fast.
When Want Withdraw (WD) Happens Pending.
Withdraw Requesting Rewards.
Before starting mining, ask for Deposit First.
CryptoC7

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:32:20 AM

Hey, thanks, that was really helpful! I'd just like to add that every business isn't a scam, sometimes they just fail to achieve their goals. The fake ICOs however must be recognized before you even think of investing your hard earned money. Sometimes these ICOs also create fake profiles so they could go on forums to promote their scam. So do a lot of research, LinkedIn is a good place to start, only invest if you can verify the owners work history, etc.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:15:31 PM

Hey, thanks, that was really helpful! I'd just like to add that every business isn't a scam, sometimes they just fail to achieve their goals. The fake ICOs however must be recognized before you even think of investing your hard earned money. Sometimes these ICOs also create fake profiles so they could go on forums to promote their scam. So do a lot of research, LinkedIn is a good place to start, only invest if you can verify the owners work history, etc.

I do believe too that first thing you need to do is check the team
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:20:07 PM

Good post and all is very useful information. Unfortunately cryptocurrencies present a huge opportunity to scammers due to limited regulations.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:28:20 PM

Hello everyone!

There is no way to determine if the ico is a scam or not so if you are going to join a campaign then look for the manager that is being trusted by everyone so that you will surely get the exact amount of salary that you will supposed to earn.

svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:32:03 PM

I think beginners do not always define a scam or not always choose on a guess or for a beautiful picture. And it is better to sit for a while and analyze their future prospects. How much fees, how many people are actively involved, the activity of managers.
1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 12:36:27 PM

The first thing I'll look at when determining scams is the team section. The founder should be a real human being and should have  proof that he is  not made up.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
sashulya7979

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:39:44 PM

Very well, it's very difficult to recognize where the lakhotron is at the initial stages of the bounty. Everything looks so beautiful in the beginning. But I always look at the level in the bitcointalator of the person who created the project and look at the same tasks on the tasks whether they are really performing for the kind of money they provide or you can poke something else that will be more profitable.
Elajus91

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:47:24 PM

To invest to a serious ICO project, you should do accurate research about it.
Read a white paper, check team members, web site, all social media platforms, ask for a smart contract at github.
BitPlace

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:49:46 PM

To invest to a serious ICO project, you should do accurate research about it.
Read a white paper, check team members, web site, all social media platforms, ask for a smart contract at github.
You can recognize scam,when he/she will get your private information about your account.And there's a lot of way that a scammer can do.But for me you must be wise especially in this world full of a wise people.We could be recognize when he/she ask for something thats different from your personal info.And also we see how can trust a person.Just make sure that be sure who will be the one we trust for everything.
eloymjb

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:51:28 PM

for me it is easy to recognize which is scam or not. if the site or company that you chose is promise you a big profit without doing anything it is definitely scam. no company that exist in this world pay you without doing anything except if you own it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ostrovagaly

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:09:51 PM

Pay more attention to the conditions. As a beginner, it was difficult for me to recognize what was not yet what the results were. Closed projects often that were chosen at random
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

Hello everyone!

You can recognize scam when you see that what is promised os too good to be true. Taking that into account whenever the cost is lesser than what you would get then you would have to think really hard and check if this is really a letimate way of earning or getting something or you are being conned and scammed. A lot of times people get blinded by what is offered to them that they disregard the cost and the value of what they would lose in return. They are fixated on what they would get rather than the process of getting it and then turing it into a much more profitable prize
jona

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:25:44 PM

Scam programs are always with fake advisors and fake profile,this could be seen from there advisors and team social media,as for their white paper and concept you can identify them,they always come up with good project and product.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: