Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recognize scam  (Read 3157 times)
markusinvest

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:27:18 PM

try make skype call with co-founder of ico
zelenkova

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:30:45 PM

I can not determine at the beginning of the project how it will later behave because it is difficult if the conditions coincide with other projects.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:37:20 PM

Scam programs are always with fake advisors and fake profile,this could be seen from there advisors and team social media,as for their white paper and concept you can identify them,they always come up with good project and product.

Yeah, there should be live accounts of real people. Also, they have to be available for a chat 
zakirazak

Activity: 287

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 02:44:58 PM

if asked me about this matter
I really have no idea How to recognize scam,  
involvement in contribute ICO
i is not a large-scale investor,
I usually invest in the minimum amount they allow
but not to exceed 0.001BTC
except for some developments
that can give me answer and persuade me with their project offerings and ideas,

otherwish, I will often choose some uncharted projects with blockchain technology or
projects that have the uniqueness of the products / services they provide
and most importantly identify the founders of the project and
debate related to the needs and importance of their projects before contributing

and this is rare as most founders recommend to read the whitepaper and understand their roadmap,
so here is come a reasonable distraction which prevents you from plunging into their projects with large-scale investments.
but so far I have not yet invented history with ICO scams,
a which is very important to investors need to understand,
is your investment trend before joining any ICO including ICO Lending  
and if they are not willing to serve you then ignore it better than get caught up with project
as we are not sure how they delivery and success

CarltonWyatt

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:48:56 PM

Make sure they have a good following and community backing. How can you do this? Check reddit, twitter and forums. Make sure the team is real and that they are not using pictures of celebrities like Ryan gosling as their marketing executive like the one that made news last night. I find myself dumbfounded with what people are getting away with.
andreevaviktoriy77

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:01:35 PM

I think that we need to analyze the site and look at how actively managers participate in the progressive bounty.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:28:57 PM

I think that we need to analyze the site and look at how actively managers participate in the progressive bounty.

That is also important. Bounty hunters also in a project success
daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:06:07 PM

I do not know, because most projects are scam!
Initially this project looks very promising, after the mid-start seem a peculiarity, and then we know that it is a scam project!
this is a risk that must be accepted in the crypto world. and in my opinion this is natural!
kevinkuper

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:13:30 PM

you must check if it has a pysical asset or a guarantee that when you invest on it you will earn. A good ICO does not depend on the volatility to be successful there must be a income generating programs behind to sustain the program. And lastly, trust your intuition and consult the experts.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:48:51 PM

I do not know, because most projects are scam!
Initially this project looks very promising, after the mid-start seem a peculiarity, and then we know that it is a scam project!
this is a risk that must be accepted in the crypto world. and in my opinion this is natural!

I do understand you. Skam us a big disadvantage of this industry
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:28:09 PM

If you are going to invest onpal, to recognize scam know the sources where they get income to pay your interest. If they are offering to much amount in return, don't invest to that kind of onpal. They just take your investment without giving your interest.
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:32:02 PM

scam.
  • promising money, fame all quick
    demanding infos of you.
    writing a lot about features
    showing big roadmaps
    showing small or no real code/design work.
    advertising something that has already been done 200times
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:45:56 PM

scam.
  • promising money, fame all quick
    demanding infos of you.
    writing a lot about features
    showing big roadmaps
    showing small or no real code/design work.
    advertising something that has already been done 200times

Thank you, this is a very good list!
Sedamai

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:21:52 AM

In the event that I am distant from everyone else, see the undertaking is a trick or not, see who the venture director I will take after

regardless of whether he has a terrible notoriety or not, in the event that he has an awful notoriety then I will search for another venture

which is taken care of by a respectable director

that is it
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:56:51 AM

you must learn about their ICO project carefully.
your thread have a good analyze point.
i hope your thread will be useful for investor who want to invest in ICO.
because there are many ICO's now, and can turn into scam project.
playful69

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:15:36 PM

Most scams play upon basic human qualities that everyone has to some degree. Many of these qualities are not very flattering. they include traits like fear, vanity and greed. con artists have leveraged these traits for hundreds of years -- play upon a person's greed and you can convince them up is down and cold is hot.
Carmen03

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:54:08 PM

The internet is the most widely web communication network ever constructed . it is used by millions of humans and machines every seconds of everyday. there are good and there are bad happening on the internet and one of the most prolific bad things are the ongoing attempts to scam ,innocent people out of the money identifies .Here are a few basic tips to recognize scam: It contains a link. It contains an attachment. It has a look a like URL and use of security features.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Learning to recognize and avoid scam and sharing that knowledge with your family members is critical to combating identity theft and data loss. Businesses should educate employees about them.
rampage101

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:35:12 PM

This information is very useful to those who are just starting their activities in the field of bounty, as you do not want to spend time on projects scammers. I'll use your advice, thank you.

DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:03:27 PM

To recognize scam, do not be in a hurry to invest, Be patient enough to do you research about the project, check through several ICO review spreadsheet, check trhough about what the project is all about, details about the team and there past track record. Check through there social media platform and observe comment from investors. Do not invest base on followers on social media platform, invest because you have done your detailed research.
jorse

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:19:20 PM

Hello ... this is a very interesting topic for me , in my opinion to be able to tell which one is genuine or fake can be seen from the mechanism of how to work the project through the project site, can also check from whitepaper ( to explain the mission vision of a coin and not just a mission vision also including a design) , and do not forget to see his project Team Work and check who's the media supporting this project. That's all I think, to avoid fake project scams.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: