Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:01:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recognize scam  (Read 3157 times)
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:14:27 AM

Interesting idea but I think CEO or founder doesnt have too much time for everyone who wants to get some information. There is support but most of them dont know everything about the project. So everything should be in Whitepaper.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phamquangbinh

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:23:54 AM

A founder or team member can know the products in and out but if their intention is to scam nothing can be done to prevent that. I only give my support to an ICO that has a product or service in the market for at least the last two years, with an established office and good team management.
trc22@gmail.com

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:26:30 AM

No matter how much you look, it's hard to understand if you're not experienced. Web site and white paper will give you a hint
phamthihien1999

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:52:52 PM

The whole point of a ico is to make money if the project has alot of promise it could all well be a good idea. If the founders won't talk answer questions then that has to raise doubts.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:58:01 PM

You are absolutely right. Most times, if i do not have any first hand information about the team of an ICO, i always research on the product to ensure that it is genuine. The product must be readymade and marketable. That it, it must be a product that can earn money for the continuity of the project. Adoption of product is very important.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:08:18 PM

Yeahh , you are right i think.. Plus, they will set unlogical hardcap or total supply of coin compares to their ICO price. And the roadmap just unclear to be understood, the teams are anonymous and can't be track down. Dev and admin usually not open to public, and finally maybe we can find out about their projects rating on some ICO reviewing site

ridiculous hard cap doesn't necessarily mean the project is scam, they might just be hungry. That is very normal even with genuine projects. Anonymous teams for ICO projects are a huge red flag though
rinkujaglan

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 03:20:42 PM

I have not connect personally scam sice now but i hear ICO scam so many time. If we study or research, whitepaper and roadmap about the ICO or company as well as the team work, we can recognize the scam. 
insect

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:11:08 PM

The best way to recognise scam is to do your own research on team track record, project perspective and announcement correctness, etc. In most cases inappropriate or faulty info become evident rather quickly and easily. The more misstatements or strange things you notice, the more chances that you deal with scam project.
leeroyj

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:15:44 PM

To know of an ICO is a scam look at their roadmap it should be realistic it is impossible to a token to be a skyrocket in a month. The roadmap of the ICO should be on the same pace. Bounty it must not be unreasonably high. If an ICO promises gain on your investment 30–50% higher than market average, it is suspicious. Pre-ICO A project must have a platform that is functioning at least in a test mode. If such a platform exists, this is not a scam. You check it carefully so you will not be scamed
crypto_futurer

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:13:26 PM

If the project does not have a finished product at the ICO stage, this does not mean that its creators are scammers and I know this from personal experience. With all the other points I agree with you.
lutcor

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:15:04 PM

Every day the scammers are more serious and more careful to carry out such actions. I think that we need to begin the process of verifying and verifying the identity of developers, in the end, to begin the process of launching responsibility to investors.
Sumejwe

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:13:46 PM

you should check if it has a physical asset or an affirmation that when you contribute on it you will obtain. A not too bad ICO does not depend upon the unconventionality to be productive there must be a wage creating programs behind to help the program. Taking everything into account, trust your nature and advice the masters.
hope2907

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:00:14 PM

You are looking for good project and ignore scam project, you have to focus on project, which type project and member. How they answer your question (about project), how active they are and who are they???. How they show up or not in different social network as they promised. Right now scam project are many, so you have to keep an eye open.
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:59:58 AM

You are looking for good project and ignore scam project, you have to focus on project, which type project and member. How they answer your question (about project), how active they are and who are they???. How they show up or not in different social network as they promised. Right now scam project are many, so you have to keep an eye open.

we need to be active in the conversation so we know how good their project and how they response the question from the people. following their news is a good solution for you so you can know what exactly they doing with their project and don't forget to read their whitepaper as we can see what is their purpose in the long-term. many things that we should do before we can know the project is a scam or not so we can choose the right project to invest.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
alex3.alex03

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:05:44 AM

You have singled out good criteria! I completely agree with you. I want to add one more sign. You can ask the team address purse. If they have nothing to hide and everything is transparent, then they will necessarily send it or it will be on the site and visible to everyone.
CryptoVal13

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:06:51 AM

Usually at first you look how social media is working, how big is the community, how frequent do the messages are posted etc. Then you must look at the team, chronological history of the projects development. Community support as well..

http://DOMINIUM.me
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
ViaKerry

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:07:48 AM

I agree that the easiest way to recognize the scum is to talk with the coin developers. So if you have the experience and time you can participate in the bounty, after participating in the bounty you will learn a lot about the coin and everything will become clear before you invest a large amount. Also from my experience I can say that most of the scam projects are Russian.  Cry
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Araw ICO

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:10:46 AM

If you look even among the successful projects that collect very large amounts there is a large number of scammers and there is nothing to be done here and not how you will not guess which project is bad

Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:19:58 AM

Just like you im more focus on the ceo, have a talk about the project. Anything you ask have an answer in line. About asking personal also is good. Ask.everything can verify the legitimacy of an ICO. Take selfie if needed,  thats how i  find out the truth behind the project. Its good enough knowing only if the name and experience is real existing

tuvic01
Copper Member

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:25:14 AM

i dont think there is a laid down way know if a project is a scam or not because these people are very smart too, and they read most of the thing we all write here. the best thing to do is invest with caution, read project whitepapers, ask question from those in the  game for a while now. and wait for feedbacks. though these will not guarantee the authenticity of the project  but it will  help to some extent to save us from the stress of not getting all the information to know about the project
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: