Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:52:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] Bitfury miner group buy + hosting (with ESCROW)  (Read 37308 times)
jlsminingcorp (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:39:15 AM

Hi All, so John was kind enough to place our order last night. A screenshot of the order on the bitfurystrikesback site can be found at (http://s13.postimg.org/e434vg2d3/hboard1.jpg). Strangely the VAT hasn't been added to this order, the site doesn't seem to be doing this properly any more, so we'll need to get in touch with Punin to sort this out. I'll update the numbers in the OP now and open the collection for the next component. Please could you let me know the YAC addresses that you'd like your YAC sent to

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 12:23:30 AM

What is your mining policy?

I would prefer the use of P2Pool and merged namecoin mining, but wouldn't want to impose that on the group.

If/when my Bitcoin node is up, you may want to add it to the list of manually selected nodes. Again it is not something I would want to impose on the group.

My head hurts after trying to figure out if I would be interested in even holding YACoin Tongue (what concerns me the most is the 1 minute block interval)

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:41:39 AM

What is your mining policy?

I would prefer the use of P2Pool and merged namecoin mining, but wouldn't want to impose that on the group.

If/when my Bitcoin node is up, you may want to add it to the list of manually selected nodes. Again it is not something I would want to impose on the group.

My head hurts after trying to figure out if I would be interested in even holding YACoin Tongue (what concerns me the most is the 1 minute block interval)

Hi, that's a good question, thanks for asking. We've committed in the OP to "choosing appropriate mining pools to minimise rejects, minimise pool fees (if appropriate) and maximise pool efficiency". Our primary focus will be to maximise the revenue from the miner for the group, but I do want to protect the network too, so we would try to use smaller pools or P2Pool if they look like competitive options. I'll look in detail nearer the time at how best to balance pool efficiency against pool fees and how merged mining for other coins would affect the profitability of the miner. I have no objection to merged mining, if it represents a better return for the group (although when I was merged mining with GPUs I didn't get much benefit from it). I'd be happy to take a vote on some options nearer the time - I perfer a democratic approach. Not sure how well P2Pool would work with the bitfury miners, but the nice thing about bitfury miners is that they have just started being delivered to the first customers, so in a week or so there will be lots of people to ask about details like P2Pool compatibility etc.

Don't worry about the YAC, that was a bit of fun for the last H-board collection. The YACBack offer has now closed. Apart from anything else the YAC price is taking a nosedive, so what little value there was is diminishing rapidly Cry. Maybe we'll see a huge bounce back at some point Wink.

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:54:18 PM

It's good to see that this group buy is finally getting some legs.

It may help others decide to join in, if I state my intention to invest all the Bitcoins mined by my USB ASICs during this month into this group buy. I may even throw in some alt-coins, if the weather cools down enough to let me run the GPUs  Smiley For all the usual reasons, I don't know exactly how much the total will be, but I'll be disappointed if there isn't enough for 6 shares, or half an H-board. But that leaves plenty of room for more boards.

For a bit of fun, is anyone prepared to match this?

[Remember, don't invest more than you can afford to lose. My contribution is subject to the usual exceptions, war, famine, extreme weather, family changes and so on].

So, my August total was 5 shares in the end, not quite as much as I had hoped. The price of all my alt-coins has dropped dramatically in the past 2-3 days, so I won't be topping-up the shares fund with them, instead I'll carry them and my bitcoin change into September, and make the same pledge. My Jalapenos may arrive this month, but 10Gh/s extra isn't very much in the present circumstances, I may even sell them quickly on eBay and reinvest the proceeds  Smiley.

With so many unknowns it's difficult to predict how much I will mine in the next month, but with two large increases in the difficulty coming up I'm being cautious with my estimate ~ perhaps only 3 or 4 shares in September. Pretty much a guess though.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:45:05 PM

So, my August total was 5 shares in the end, not quite as much as I had hoped. The price of all my alt-coins has dropped dramatically in the past 2-3 days, so I won't be topping-up the shares fund with them, instead I'll carry them and my bitcoin change into September, and make the same pledge. My Jalapenos may arrive this month, but 10Gh/s extra isn't very much in the present circumstances, I may even sell them quickly on eBay and reinvest the proceeds  Smiley.

With so many unknowns it's difficult to predict how much I will mine in the next month, but with two large increases in the difficulty coming up I'm being cautious with my estimate ~ perhaps only 3 or 4 shares in September. Pretty much a guess though.

Hi Stinky_Pete, it's great to have your continued support, thanks for being part of the group. Things are changing rapidly in all bitcoin and altcoin areas at the moment, so let's keep the group informed, dynamic and responsive and see where the next few weeks take us.

If you want the YAC from the YACback fun and games from the last component by the way then send me a cryptsy deposit address or YAC wallet address and I'll send these over. I'll send double the promised amount to partially account for the nosedive in the YAC price that we've seen in recent days.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:11:50 AM

Hi All, if you haven't been watching the bitfurystrikesback thread then I thought that I would share the good news. Punin and his team have dispatched all of the August delivery miners and there are some great pictures and info being posted about the miners and their performance (e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.msg3050985#msg3050985). These guys have done a great job and their commitment to meeting their delivery estimates and performance is really encouraging for our October orders Grin.

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:16:29 AM

If you want the YAC from the YACback fun and games from the last component by the way then send me a cryptsy deposit address or YAC wallet address and I'll send these over. I'll send double the promised amount to partially account for the nosedive in the YAC price that we've seen in recent days.
Very generous, thanks. Perhaps all the alt-coin prices will pick up again.

YHXbezq9f78gKrmdsDbb2vsWPzGQWgRV7m

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:12:57 PM

Very generous, thanks. Perhaps all the alt-coin prices will pick up again.

YHXbezq9f78gKrmdsDbb2vsWPzGQWgRV7m

OK, 500 big ones heading over to your YAC wallet now - enjoy! Yes, it would be good if prices did pick up or I may finally have to turn the GPUs off - a sad day indeed Sad.

mistermint

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:49:57 PM

Two more please:

mistermint,2,1,1Dk7YG43rSPatnHNJjLAUzwamhf62b1Nsq
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:16:13 PM

Now 6 / 9.98 shares remaining for next component (at current BTC rate shown in the OP)

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:02:13 PM

Now 7 / 10.02 shares remaining for next component (at current BTC rate shown in the OP)

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:33:48 AM

Now 7 / 10.06 shares remaining for next component (at current BTC rate shown in the OP)

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:03:03 AM

Hi All, as we're getting towards the time when our hardware should be arriving (well soonish anyway) I'd like to get your feelings on the best way to communicate with the group e.g. to keep the group informed of how the miner is getting on (including unboxing videos etc.), to ensure that everybody knows which pool(s) we're using (and the nicknames being used) and the bitcoin addresses being used to receive mined BTC before distribution to group members etc. We want to make sure that things are transparent and that this information is all gathered into one place that all group members have easy access to. We will also need a reliable way to get in touch with group members if any group decisions need to be made (as not everybody checks their forum pms often). Please could you let me have your thoughts on this? A few suggestions are below, but we're open to other ideas too.

1) Just use the forum - start a new thread for the group and post updates to this
2) A facebook or google+ group that is open for all to see
3) A facebook or google+ group that is closed and only for group members
4) A dedicated website for the group

For rapid communication between jlsminingcorp and group members are you happy to provide us with an email address that you check regularly? We would, of course, not provide this to anybody else and would only use it for communications relevant to the group.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:04:14 PM

Hi All, thecolonel has just joined the group and we now have enough funds to order the next component. I've sent a pm to John K to ask him to order the next H-board and will update you all when this is done (I think that he's really busy this week though, so we will have to be patient).

Now 0 / 10.92 shares remaining for next component (at current BTC rate shown in the OP)

Currently waiting for order for H-board 2 to be paid from the escrow account.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:17:55 PM

The collection for H-board #3 is now open

Now 10 / 10.92 shares remaining for next component (at current BTC rate shown in the OP)

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:57:12 PM

Now 9 / 10.92 shares remaining for next component (at current BTC rate shown in the OP)

mare

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:10:18 PM

mare,4,2,1DSFkmqxzyH7CynXQ76d6uc1WzSxBHTha2
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:34:42 PM

Now 4 / 10.93 shares remaining for next component (at current BTC rate shown in the OP)

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:17:06 PM

I'll take one share at .5BTC.

My wallet got corrupted and is having to do a re-sync (taking SEVERAL hours). I'll be submitting payment and providing transaction details as soon as my wallet syncs.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:16:42 PM

I'll take one share at .5BTC.

My wallet got corrupted and is having to do a re-sync (taking SEVERAL hours). I'll be submitting payment and providing transaction details as soon as my wallet syncs.

OK, no worries, I'll mark you down as a "pledge" in the OP for the moment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: