Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] Bitfury miner group buy + hosting (with ESCROW)  (Read 37284 times)
jlsminingcorp (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:41:04 PM

Now collecting towards a bitfury burner board (40-80 GH/s, estimated 64 GH/s, early October delivery estimate). This has already been ordered and paid for (we have an early order, which should ensure early shipping).

Now 13 / 20 shares remaining for this component

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mare

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:59:53 PM

mare,6,3,1DSFkmqxzyH7CynXQ76d6uc1WzSxBHTha2
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:34:38 AM

Now collecting towards a bitfury burner board (40-80 GH/s, estimated 64 GH/s, early October delivery estimate). This has already been ordered and paid for (we have an early order, which should ensure early shipping).

Now 6 / 20 shares remaining for this component

manawenuz

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 04:21:14 AM

bought another share ,
here's the txtid :
6f64b77e66dce420ffa32620e35d9467d067e106c86383e63d8f135fd2b42666

thankyou.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:49:41 AM

Good news from Cryptz (supplier of the bitfury burner board)

- First Bitfury chips of 20 September delivery

Today is 20 September Are you on time ?

Chips actualy arrived here ahead of time :-)

They are already in Germany today.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:31:06 PM

Now 0 / 20 shares remaining for this component

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:02:07 PM

The collection for H-board #6 is now open

Now 10 / 10.33 shares remaining for next component (at current BTC rate shown in the OP)

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:43:19 PM

Hi All, there's some exciting news on the BFSB thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.msg3209340#msg3209340). It looks like October delivery kit will start to be shipped out from bitfurystrikesback next week. So we're definitely getting closer to the time when we should start to see some of our GB components starting to be delivered Grin!

manawenuz

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:43:34 AM

1 BTC sent
txtid : 87a8745e09bd7f8ccf6f47a5acb203b2885814a2c0933c522f615a053b985171
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:07:52 PM

Hi All, so October delivery H-boards are now showing as "out of stock" from bitfurystrikesback. This is probably a good thing, as it means that they are being realistic about what they can delivery in their October batch. As such, we've paused the collection for the moment until we find out what bitfurystrikesback will be offering going forward in terms of both prices and estimated delivery. I'll post here when we have some news.

manawenuz, please could you let us know what you'd like to do with the 1 BTC that you just sent to the escrow account for the collection towards H-board #6? We can keep it in the escrow account until the collections open again (presumably for hardware with later delivery estimates) or we can ask John K to send you a refund. Just let us know.

manawenuz

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:47:29 AM

i guess my BTC can wait with John K for a little while so , i'll be waiting for updates , would be nice if you could pm me if there was any developments .
manawenuz

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:12:40 AM

Sorry to change my mind  jlsminingcorp , is it possible for you to ask John K to refund my 1 BTC , i guess i need it for an upgrade in another GB.
thank you.
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:49:13 AM

Sorry to change my mind  jlsminingcorp , is it possible for you to ask John K to refund my 1 BTC , i guess i need it for an upgrade in another GB.
thank you.

Hi manawenuz, no problem at all. The US reseller (megabigpower.com) have stated that they will now wait until they have kit in stock before taking new orders, so if bitfurystrikesback take a similar approach then it may be a while before we could order new kit anyway. This means that getting your BTC back is probably a good idea.

I'll pm John now and copy you in. I have been having problems getting in touch with him over the last few days (we need to move BTC around for the bitfury burner still), I know he gets very busy from time to time, so I do hope that it doesn't take too long for you to get the BTC back.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

Hi All, just a couple of quick updates:

John K has very kindly made the transfers that we requested to cover the costs of the bitfury burner and the VAT on component 2 (Bitfury 25GH/s H-board #1 (October delivery)). This means that the total cost for component 2 in the OP is now correct.

Bitfurystrikesback have now begun to ship october orders (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.msg3247580#msg3247580). Although they have had some unexpected problems with hot capacitors, and sorting this out is causing them to ship a bit slower than expected, this is generally great news. They really do seem to be doing a great job. Fingers crossed our components may begin to come through soon Grin. The interesting thing to note in punin's post is that when they open the shop again they will only be selling components that are on hand - no more pre-orders Grin.

We now have things in place that should allow us to start mining as soon as the components arrive. In addition, we have a few "add-on" items that should be arriving next week that will hopefully make the GB run smoothly (spare RPi, spare SD cards, a watt meter (for power consumption at the wall) and a shiny new multimeter). The next job is to decide on some pools to use. We have a couple in mind already, based on the experiences of those with August delivery kit. We'll post a list of our thoughts when we've finished looking into this, but if you have any suggestions in the meantime then please post them here.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:02:18 AM

This just landed in my inbox. Looks like cryptx are bang on schedule with the bitfury burner Grin (thanks guys!).

No news on hashrate yet, I guess we'll see in a couple of days!

_______________________________________________________________________________ _

This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name:    DURASUN C/O CRYPTX
Name:    VALKENBORGHS BERT
E-mail:    info@cryptx.com

_______________________________________________________________________________ _

VALKENBORGHS BERT of DURASUN C/O CRYPTX sent redacted 1 FedEx International Priority package(s).

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 10/01/2013.

Reference information includes:

Reference:    Bitburner fury
Special handling/Services:    Deliver Weekday

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:22:52 AM

Hi All, welcome back after the blackout. I guess you only realise how important the forum is when you loose it!

In order to keep you all informed of any updates we really need to find another way to communicate in addition to the forum (we tried to start a discussion about this a while back https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252534.msg3078989#msg3078989, but didn't get much of a response). It would be very useful to us, and to you I think, if group members could pm us with an email address that we can use to contact you. If you don't do this then please be aware that we have no way to contact you if the forum goes down again. If you pm us then we will send you an email address for jlsminingcorp so that you can contact us too. We're in the process of setting up a google+ group as well, so this may be a useful way to get updates, hashing videos etc. out there.

Now for some updates:

1) Bitfury burner: The FedEX notification that we received a week ago was apparently autogenerated when cryptx printed the shipping labels (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294735.msg3267582#msg3267582), so as far as we know the bitfury burner has not shipped yet. This is very disappointing, but there are some reports of these boards arriving (e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294735.msg3290621#msg3290621), so I certainly hope that we're not far behind. I'll post an update as soon as I have one.

2) Bitfurystrikesback hashrate: Some good news on the October delivery H-boards. These have been "tweaked" and are now running at 30 GH/s+ out of the box (e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.msg3284893#msg3284893), so we've had a free hashrate upgrade of 20% or so! Bitfurystrikesback seem to be working steadily through their order chain, so we're hoping that the group's starter kit will ship reasonably soon. Again, I'll post here as soon as we have any updates.

manawenuz

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:51:27 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 11:49:47 AM by manawenuz

I believe setting up both a mailing list and a group in bitmessage would be more than enough .
much safer and better G+ and forum alone .
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:45:46 AM

I believe setting up both an mailing list and a group in bitmessage would be more than enough .

Bitmessage looks interesting, I've not come across this before. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:01:40 PM

I believe setting up both an mailing list and a group in bitmessage would be more than enough .

Bitmessage looks interesting, I've not come across this before. Anybody else have any thoughts?

+1 Bitmessage

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:24:48 PM

Hi All, just a quick update to let you know where things stand:

1) Bitfurystrikesback: These guys seem to be getting through their orders really well and they suggest that orders in the 600s and 700s should get done this week (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.msg3294417#msg3294417). Since we have an early 700s order for the starter kit I hope that this will ship to us soon. Our H-boards are in the 900s and early 1000s, so we still have a wait for these.

2) Bitfury burner: This is not going so well Angry. We still have no update from cryptx on when this will be shipped and although there is evidence on the cryptx thread that people are getting their bitfury burners, they don't seem to be coming out very quickly. I will let you know as soon as our fedex tracking details are updated and we know that the unit is on its way to us. The final thing to note about the bitfury burner is that the "hashrate protection" offered by cryptx looks like it will be active. There's no report of them hitting the 64GH/s target yet (50-55 seems to be the limit), so group members with shares in the bitfury burner should be getting partial refunds (we'll get 100 Euro back for the whole board). Again, I'll let you know as soon as we receive anything from cryptx regarding this.

3) Pools: I suggest that we use Eligius and Bitminter as two of the pools for the group (both have low, or no pool fees, merged namecoin mining and are not too big), but we need three really, so if anybody has another favourite pool then let me know (Slush is out for the moment, as it doesn't seem to work well with bitfury kit). We could try to get into GHash.IO, which is good for bitfury kit, but there's no merged mining and it's already very big, so joining it is not too helpful for the network.

4) We've had a couple of votes for staying in contact via bitmessage. I'd appreciate some feedback from other group members on this, as it would be much more convenient if we're all using the same method of communication in case the forum goes down again.

That's all for now!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: