Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:15:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cardano smart contract platform better than Ethereum and NEO?  (Read 3530 times)
magiccarpett (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:56:44 PM

Hello

Do u guys think that Cardano is technically better than ETH and NEO? if yes, why?

NEOs problem is the regulation of icos by china.

Cardano has btw a high supply of nearly 26 billion coins.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 07:44:04 PM

Cardano is 3rd generation, it will be capable of stuff that ETH isn't.

NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:45:29 PM

Hello

Do u guys think that Cardano is technically better than ETH and NEO? if yes, why?

Once Cardano has fully launched, maybe. Of course, by then, who knows what stage ETH development will be at.

NEO's problem is that it costs $10k to deploy a smart contract, not regulation from China.
scaramanga1337

Activity: 280
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:07:05 PM

is there a specific date published when cardano fully launches?
monkishrex

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:57:15 PM

Guys. Cardano is in a league of its own; there is no other project in the space that even comes close to what Cardano will achieve; NOT EVEN CLOSE. ETH is and always will be a bunch of coders in a room hacking stuff together, and because of that, there are going to be huge flaws and vulnerabilities in the code that are going to continually pop up... think DAO.

It's inevitable because of how complex smart contracts are; no human being is capable of perfectly coding anything, especially something as complex as smart contracts. Charles and Cardano understand this, so they used the waterfall, high-assurance, development model to build the Cardano SL mainnet, the foundational layer of the Cardano project. This alone, sets Cardano apart from all other projects, but they went even further; Cardano has academically vetted and conference approved research papers that underly all of its code; no other project that i know of has done this.

Furthermore, Cardano is using a functional programming language (Haskell) and psi-calculus to bring together the fundamental concepts of the research papers, directly and PROVABLY, into the code; this is the first time I have ever heard of a large commercial project doing this.

Seriously, it's not even a competition; it's only a matter of time before Cardano overtakes Ethereum... bitcoin will always be bitcoin (digital gold), but Cardano is the future of blockchain technology. Hands down.
NaissuR

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:35:56 PM

Guys. Cardano is in a league of its own; there is no other project in the space that even comes close to what Cardano will achieve; NOT EVEN CLOSE. ETH is and always will be a bunch of coders in a room hacking stuff together, and because of that, there are going to be huge flaws and vulnerabilities in the code that are going to continually pop up... think DAO.

It's inevitable because of how complex smart contracts are; no human being is capable of perfectly coding anything, especially something as complex as smart contracts. Charles and Cardano understand this, so they used the waterfall, high-assurance, development model to build the Cardano SL mainnet, the foundational layer of the Cardano project. This alone, sets Cardano apart from all other projects, but they went even further; Cardano has academically vetted and conference approved research papers that underly all of its code; no other project that i know of has done this.

Furthermore, Cardano is using a functional programming language (Haskell) and psi-calculus to bring together the fundamental concepts of the research papers, directly and PROVABLY, into the code; this is the first time I have ever heard of a large commercial project doing this.

Seriously, it's not even a competition; it's only a matter of time before Cardano overtakes Ethereum... bitcoin will always be bitcoin (digital gold), but Cardano is the future of blockchain technology. Hands down.

Man , its the best post i've seen about caradno lately...just because we think the same Smiley
i also believe in cardano, after reading their papers and watching white-boards
its really going to be that Big thing. . . just because they put very much effort in it, much more than other projects out there

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:53:14 PM

You are in love with cardano.. wow, but i really think the same as you do.

Guys. Cardano is in a league of its own; there is no other project in the space that even comes close to what Cardano will achieve

They have created a brilliant system, i am so impacient about seeing cardano going up to be in the top five, in fact, Cardano deserves to be in there more than iota, i dont know why it is still so far from it.
but in a few months from now, cardano will explode, just remember my words, this coin is going to be a boom during the next year. Maybe not the same as ethereum is, but it is going to be big anyway.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:17:19 PM

I was very optimistic about ADA when it first appeared on CMC expecting 1$ in a year. But I think it has the potential of going much much higher.

ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:07:17 PM

We know that ethereum has introduced a world of new possibilities through intelligent contracts and here comes Cardano that aims to become the new platform for the creation of smart contracts. among the improvements Cardan brings is that it has developed a completely new language for its more secure applications called Plutus, which is based loosely on Haskell. Haskell allows the code to be written in a more secure and reliable way since it has a mathematical approach . This mathematical security test, which is a unique security protocol, has undergone a rigorous peer review and was accepted at Crypto 2017, the largest cryptocurrency event of the year. It uses Cardano Settlement Layer (CSL), which is a first security protocol to further protect users. This language will be distributed to developers to integrate it into their development process along with a specialized set of tools for formal verification.
magiccarpett (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:09:49 PM

Wow thanks for your post

But can anyone give me a simple example what cardano could create in future what eth couldnt do?
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:23:45 PM

Hello

It's not even released yet. And do you think if we can know about which is better? But for some reason about so many claims from cardano and that was just another copycat from ethereum.
You must know the fact the ethereum is only the smartcontract. ADA just another copy paste project.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:25:11 PM

I think cardano is a very good project, but if compared with eth, I do not think it can surpass it. but if compared with the NEO, there is the possibility of cardano could be better. in fact cardano prices have gone up so much now

Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:32:52 PM

Where did Cardano came from? It just popped up one day in the top 100 of CoinMarketCap.

At 26 billion ADA its supply is very high. The market cap is already $3.3 billion, if it reaches the level of Ethereum the price would be about $1.30 per ADA.
macdevil007

Activity: 692

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:02:15 PM

Based on your response on ADA.. i found out that it has a bright future and worth to invest (Long term). someone advise me that Cardano will be the next Big Cryptocurrency in 2018.
diguyo

Activity: 274

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:05:29 PM

Not a bad way to introduce yourself with this post! I am keen on Cardano, at the moment I don't have any and I have plenty of ETH but the impact of CryptoKitties has concerned me - it faces the same challenges as bitcoin, how can it possibly scale and make it to the mainstream when digital kittens completely wreck the network.

cryptopan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:34:54 PM

Cardano has a lot of potential in the future,it can replace both Ethereum and Neo,it has a lot of stuffs that the two doesnt have its a new breed of alts.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:22:52 PM

The only way ETH keeps up with Cardano is through another hard fork.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:25:35 PM

Yep so investing in ETH now, doesn't really help with one of their forks in the future.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
mR.k0fka

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:42:57 PM

it should be better and more secure platform but it is built to co-exist with ETH and run other platform dApps on it
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:57:24 PM

Yep so investing in ETH now, doesn't really help with one of their forks in the future.

You've got it totally wrong, ETH is not keeping up with cardano, cardano is trying to keep up with ETH.
Cardano supporters are all claiming how it is is such a better platform, especially on paper.

Well, that is the biggest problem with cardano, it is only on paper.

The crypto market has already ballooned this past year and is set to pop in 2018/2019.  We are past the point where whitepaper projects can survive.

Is cardano a better platform than ETH? Undoubtedly yes, but is that enough for it to overtake ETH? First, the platform needs to be released.  Then it needs massive real life adoption that meets than exceeds eth, then, the most important, it needs liquidability.  No matter what, ETH has an insane head start.

It's not always the technically best projects that will dominate.  Just look at BTC, we all love it, but there are so many better blockchains out there with better scalability but BTC still crushes them all.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: