Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptokitties-good thing or bad thing ?  (Read 1705 times)
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:00:35 AM

I think it's a really great games, my son played it and he really loved it ! It's really good to teach your kids about the blockchain and ethereum while having fun and making money at the same time.

But it's too bad that it make the ethereum network very slow, I guess they will need to improve and have a good update to allow more transaction per second. I also hope it wont affect the reputation of this coin

adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:54:17 PM

I don't quite consider if its good or not,
everything always has two sides.
And most important is that this game showes  Ethereum protocol needs further improvements, and that people believe Ethereum will get it (maybe PoS switch?)

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:04:41 PM

I don't quite consider if its good or not,
everything always has two sides.
And most important is that this game showes  Ethereum protocol needs further improvements, and that people believe Ethereum will get it (maybe PoS switch?)

I have to agree with this one.
But if I would have to make a pick, I'd say good thing.

It forces the search for solutions to the scaling problem and at the same time it makes crypto more popular.
tauceramica

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:09:04 PM

I think it's a really great games, my son played it and he really loved it ! It's really good to teach your kids about the blockchain and ethereum while having fun and making money at the same time.

But it's too bad that it make the ethereum network very slow, I guess they will need to improve and have a good update to allow more transaction per second. I also hope it wont affect the reputation of this coin

Some people said good, but how come... They're just causing a blockage in blockchain of ethereum and millions of people turned into sick because of this. We can't perform transactions, I withdrawn some tokens from echanges yesterday, I still didn't receive them.
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:15:19 PM

there must be pluses and minuses, and what I feel now is hampering the ethereum network so that trading activity gets messed up. but maybe the future will get better and there will be improvement from the ethereum network, I hope hopefully will return smoothly as before
btctuxedo

Activity: 285
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:11:40 AM

Yes it is good but I think the cryptokitty dev team should consider using a sidechain for their project. Please do not be selfish & clog the network

Erowind

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:44:42 AM

I have yet to look into the app, but given all the buzz I think it's a really good thing. We need more DAPPS, this is just he beginning.

Can't snort crack through a rolled up bitcoin Wink
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:08:22 AM

Good thing, Sure we had dapps like poker and dice, but this is the first dapp on ETH thats just 100% genuine. The idea of it isn't new but its implications are since it is on ETH platform and the congestion its causing only means that Ethereum will have to learn how to scale which means bigger market cap.
BennDragon2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:53:15 AM

This game is a good sign that show crypto is become more and more close to the real life. People start using crypto to play and what more ? More promise things are coming now. Crypto future is more bright now.
jasong

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Cofounder - GIZER - The Global Gaming Network

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:20:29 AM

This is what I think. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryptokitties-cryptocatastrophe-viral-kitties-cause-180100270.html

Larrycool

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:48:45 AM

I'm totally confused with this cryptokitties,
What is cryptokitties,
How does it work,
Can anyone take time to explain this please? Thank you.
ritsel02

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:42:11 AM

Right now ,it's clogging the network and forcing people to up gas prices but in the future ,do you guys think having a game that popular (crypto-pokemons ?)could be a good thing for ethereum ?

I agree the release of the game "cryptokitties" is a big challenge to ethereum blockchain. Though as for now ethereum already recovered the clogging problems. When ethereum blockchain  will be ready and done adjusting their system, the incoming popular game could be a good thing for them.The increase of the demand from the gamers could build a strong community supporting the coin and will definitely increase its value.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 10:35:56 AM

so silly this cryptokitties, i went and checked it out and the landing page looks cool, then you sign up and its just a shitty wordpress template
It's a pointless ponzi where the last person to buy is left with a buncha pixel cats noone wants
people are scrambling to be first in the ponzi, and praying someone dumber then them will buy their pixel cats
total epiphany of how crazy ETH people can be with their money Cheesy

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
nguyen0806

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:45:02 AM

I think the game is just additive for very short. It is not so intertesting after a while
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:19:19 AM

Cryptokitties is the first new type of virus for blockchain. They invent the first virus who could disrupt a blockchain with smart-contracts. It is also a ponzi-scam scheme. It is the first blockchain worm. How are they going to stop this virus? Make a fork of ETH but an ETH with no smart-contracts? Could someone wanting the death of a ETH has create Cryptokitties?
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:33:21 AM

If its really the reason why etherium clogged this days then thanks to cryptokitties etherium network needs a huge improvement like in this kind of scenario using the etherium blockchain in games like this so that in the future it will run smoothly.  
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:44:38 AM

there must be pluses and minuses, and what I feel now is hampering the ethereum network so that trading activity gets messed up. but maybe the future will get better and there will be improvement from the ethereum network, I hope hopefully will return smoothly as before
If you are doing your trade in the centralized exchange and you will not get anything caused by the cryptokitties. the possible thing about that will disrupt the blockchain and that makes it be bloated or congested.
By the way as the first working dapps and cryptokitties tell us about how it will work.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
nevermindthebotox

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:47:09 AM

just imagine what 50 apps/games like this will do...

ETH faces some serious challenges that needs to be solved pretty quickly. like immediately.

Ch1bi

Activity: 289

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:10:09 PM

Right now ,it's clogging the network and forcing people to up gas prices but in the future ,do you guys think having a game that popular (crypto-pokemons ?)could be a good thing for ethereum ?

I'll say it's good for Eth in general. I think this gam will bring more attention to the platform. With all the clogs th developers can focus their efforts on strengthening the chain. I know it's annoying but I feel good things will follow.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Criptomen@30

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:28:33 PM

I Still dont understand criptokitties
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: