Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Pool mining primecoin using DigitalOcean (VPS)  (Read 88502 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 06:38:24 PM

I received the letter after asking them for an increase in droplet limit. I'm going to continue using DO after primecoin so didn't see any harm with giving my name and phone number. Didn't tell them fb or twitter, blog or website. Figure they just wanted to make sure I was human. I'm using Paypal, no cc on file.

Ran 15 droplets all night. 1-core/512mb pps 50-200 = 4 blocks

My i5 running 3-cores each independent, pps 100-200, found 4 blocks in same amount of time. G2020 (2-core) has found nothing past 24 hrs.

Tried one of their 20-cores yesterday but it never got above 1400pps. Will run a few 8-cores today. Somebody is finding all these blocks.........

Yes, but the mystery is who and using what?  Shocked

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:39:54 PM

I received the letter after asking them for an increase in droplet limit. I'm going to continue using DO after primecoin so didn't see any harm with giving my name and phone number. Didn't tell them fb or twitter, blog or website. Figure they just wanted to make sure I was human. I'm using Paypal, no cc on file.

Ran 15 droplets all night. 1-core/512mb pps 50-200 = 4 blocks

My i5 running 3-cores each independent, pps 100-200, found 4 blocks in same amount of time. G2020 (2-core) has found nothing past 24 hrs.

Tried one of their 20-cores yesterday but it never got above 1400pps. Will run a few 8-cores today. Somebody is finding all these blocks.........

Yes, but the mystery is who and using what?  Shocked

I saw a botnet with 350 rats yesterday.
n4ru

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:57:10 PM

What provider is that? Smiley
Secret.  Grin
I'll give you a hint: I paid with bitcoin.
can we get a name? Can't find one that bills hourly.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:12:51 PM

Secret.  Grin

+1 A name would be useful or if you really want send us a referral link.
Kavre

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:26:50 PM

I am a bit confused

can't get it work properly

if I set setgenerate true -1 (this is random and it should use all core/threads)
work like 80pps +-20

with setgenerate true 3 works 300pps

i have 8cpu with 4 cores, which will be the best settings I really tried almost all of it but with no success

thanks

For support:
- BTC: 143JzbV9RC4r5uLDsQQnVWay6fJfRyYgjS
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:29:07 PM

I get 2900pps with the 16-core. But no blocks so far  Cry

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:31:20 PM

I am a bit confused

can't get it work properly

if I set setgenerate true -1 (this is random and it should use all core/threads)
work like 80pps +-20

with setgenerate true 3 works 300pps

i have 8cpu with 4 cores, which will be the best settings I really tried almost all of it but with no success

thanks

Same here, 32-core Xeon. If I use 30 cores, I get 1100PPS, if I use 10 cores, I get more 1300 PPS. Go figure.

Really, there's a lot talk about "optimized for this" and "optimized for that". With the initial release this particular system had 0 to 1 PPS (!) Now it gets 1100PPS, when other older servers get 2500. When this system mines scrypt it gets 200khash/s, this is not a light server. Something is still very wrong in the code of the client.
altsay

Activity: 359

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:34:50 PM

Does anyone use Chemisist's rebuild?
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:41:48 PM

No I won't give a name as it's a rather small host, but it's in this outdated but useful list:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Virtual_private_server

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:06:08 PM

I've git cloned it and recompiled it on the smallest droplet (512MB 1 core) an hour ago. Didn't even had to re-size it to more memory, temporarily creating and destroying swap file for compilation, compiled while still mining.

Excellent results, it's doubled pps to previous version. It varies 250-350 pps. Recommended.
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:13:07 PM

I've git cloned it and recompiled it on the smallest droplet (512MB 1 core) an hour ago. Didn't even had to re-size it to more memory, temporarily creating and destroying swap file for compilation, compiled while still mining.

Excellent results, it's doubled pps to previous version. It varies 250-350 pps. Recommended.

Same. Getting 300-450pps

n4ru

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:39:42 PM

Secret.  Grin

+1 A name would be useful or if you really want send us a referral link.
I'm looking around for it but can't find any bitcoin ones that bill hourly >__<
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:39:49 PM

Same. Getting 300-450pps

How do I compile that?

I have the original Sunny build with the sieve update in my VPS'

Thanks for the input!
adambeazley

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 08:40:24 PM

So, i have a question about primecoin mining, how exactly does each block gets mined.

Are basically all blocks open until they are solved? In other words, if my miner finds a block and is working on that block to solve it, then can Joe Blow's miner finds that same block and solve it quicker and earn the coins? Or do i have a flawed understanding of a "block"?

What Im getting at, is it better (not taking electricity into consideration) to have a bunch of separate slower pps computers (or miner instances) or one beast computer (one mining instance) with the same combined pps as all of he smaller ones?

I would think, that if a little luck is involved in finding blocks, then the more instances, the higher your probability of "finding" a block right?

Thanks, I'm a little bit of a mining noob, just trying to learn the terminology and technology better.

Thanks,
ivanlabrie

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:45:34 PM

So, i have a question about primecoin mining, how exactly does each block gets mined.

Are basically all blocks open until they are solved? In other words, if my miner finds a block and is working on that block to solve it, then can Joe Blow's miner finds that same block and solve it quicker and earn the coins? Or do i have a flawed understanding of a "block"?

What Im getting at, is it better (not taking electricity into consideration) to have a bunch of separate slower pps computers (or miner instances) or one beast computer (one mining instance) with the same combined pps as all of he smaller ones?

I would think, that if a little luck is involved in finding blocks, then the more instances, the higher your probability of "finding" a block right?

Thanks, I'm a little bit of a mining noob, just trying to learn the terminology and technology better.

Thanks,

Your question is a bit offtopic in this thread, but I'll try to answer to it.

You can find a block at the same time, or slightly after someone else, but you won't get rewards, blocks are mined and the whole network knows it has been mined thanks to the proof of work algorithm which makes sure all the network is synced, since it takes certain amount of work to figure out the correct prime number chain for each block. Thus no miner can get ahead of the whole network unless it surpasses its power by 51%+.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:56:11 PM

Same. Getting 300-450pps

I get this error.

Code:
In file included from main.cpp:16:0:
prime.h: In constructor ‘CSieveOfEratosthenes::CSieveOfEratosthenes(unsigned int, unsigned int, uint256, CBigNum&)’:
prime.h:109:6: error: ‘prevWeaveTime’ was not declared in this scope
prime.h:110:3: error: ‘prevTotalTime’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:59:33 PM

Just FYI the mods of the forum have been notified of this and will be passing your email address and list of your login IP addresses to digital ocean.  I suggest you go hide in a corner somewhere for a while.

Pahahaha! Don't kid yourself with the notion that Bitcointalk mods proactively doing ANYTHING proactive to prevent the rampant fraud and abuse in the community here, let alone doing it for some other website.
adambeazley

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:07:44 PM

Thanks,

You can find a block at the same time, or slightly after someone else, but you won't get rewards, blocks are mined and the whole network knows it has been mined thanks to the proof of work algorithm which makes sure all the network is synced, since it takes certain amount of work to figure out the correct prime number chain for each block. Thus no miner can get ahead of the whole network unless it surpasses its power by 51%+.

Sorry for the off-topic question, but thanks for your prompt answer. I get it now... So if everyone is working on the same block at any given time, would'nt it be better to have a more powerful pps machine than a bunch of smaller instances?
ivanlabrie

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:09:57 PM

Thanks,

Sorry for the off-topic question, but thanks for your prompt answer. I get it now... So if everyone is working on the same block at any given time, would'nt it be better to have a more powerful pps machine than a bunch of smaller instances?

Maybe, but it depends...also, it depends on how well the code works spread through different threads of the same cpu.
Apparently it stops scaling at 10 cores per cpu, and a 32 core cpu is slower than a few 10 core ones.
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:12:34 PM

No. The probability of hitting a block is proportional to pps. Your net pps at constant diff over a long time should give you the same no of blocks no matter whether they are on a single or multiple source.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: