Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Pool mining primecoin using DigitalOcean (VPS)  (Read 88499 times)
dmay728

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:57:44 PM

Well first off im using a generated visa card with 0 balance and getting the biggest instance I can get. They keep telling me its because ive been flagged by their fraud detection system or some shit. They ask me questions trying to verify my identity. Which I fake it but they don't buy it. lol

Every time I basicly tell them good job running off a customer Ill go somewhere else. rofl

I have been using a vpn and a vps ive been creating accounts on. Its not IP, they are flagging for other stuff.
Wow you really are a complete fucking tool.  You are openly admitting that you have been defrauding them and plan to continue to do so.  Don't be such a fucking jerk and pay them for the resources you are using. 
Just FYI the mods of the forum have been notified of this and will be passing your email address and list of your login IP addresses to digital ocean.  I suggest you go hide in a corner somewhere for a while.

+1

some of us are actually paying customers, and then we have assholes who ruin it for the rest of us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:03:29 PM

I've had plenty of accounts banned, and I've never used a coupon code once. I've paid them around $100 worth of money from paypal and a real credit card, and they keep banning my account, saying I violated the ToS. The first time, I agree, as I made a bunch of accounts to get many drops, and I later read the ToS (more carefully, anyhow) and making multiple accoutns on the same payment method without prior notice to them is against the TOS. However, I then made a subsequent account with a credit card instead (different payment method) and got banned as well. Their twitter mentioned mining is fine (for now), and they refused to tell me the violation. I made another account with another PayPal (a good friend of mine's), and that account got locked and suspended and flagged as suspicious.

It seems to not be related to the coupon codes. I'm thinking they can't truly handle the computing power they sell at that price, and of course practice overselling (which isn't a bad thing, normally!). However, I wish they had a way to pay a bit more and get DEDICATED resources, so maybe for $2.38 an hour or something you could get a full 24 cores dedicated to you (which is probably a full node for them). However, unless they go down this route, I think mining accounts will keep getting banned. It's unfortunate. They asked me for details about myself. I gave websites, names, facebook, location, public twitter handle, and public business handles on an account I made with a different payment system, which according to my understanding of the ToS is perfectly acceptable. They locked this account as suspicious.

I think I'm done with digital ocean.

Did you make all of the accounts from the same ip? That might be the problem. My account is fine for now.

Nope, have switched IPs 4 times.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:04:37 PM

Well first off im using a generated visa card with 0 balance and getting the biggest instance I can get. They keep telling me its because ive been flagged by their fraud detection system or some shit. They ask me questions trying to verify my identity. Which I fake it but they don't buy it. lol

Every time I basicly tell them good job running off a customer Ill go somewhere else. rofl

I have been using a vpn and a vps ive been creating accounts on. Its not IP, they are flagging for other stuff.
Wow you really are a complete fucking tool.  You are openly admitting that you have been defrauding them and plan to continue to do so.  Don't be such a fucking jerk and pay them for the resources you are using.  
Just FYI the mods of the forum have been notified of this and will be passing your email address and list of your login IP addresses to digital ocean.  I suggest you go hide in a corner somewhere for a while.

+1

some of us are actually paying customers, and then we have assholes who ruin it for the rest of us.
Agreed. I've paid for around $100 in digitalocean services for mining, I think cheating them with these coupon codes is terrible. The coupon codes are to get people interested in their service, not to be abused for high-usage instances. Sad

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:07:45 PM

I would be happy to keep paying.  But seems they do not want my money for mining.
anon2301

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:09:37 PM

Wow you really are a complete fucking tool.  You are openly admitting that you have been defrauding them and plan to continue to do so.  Don't be such a fucking jerk and pay them for the resources you are using.  
Just FYI the mods of the forum have been notified of this and will be passing your email address and list of your login IP addresses to digital ocean.  I suggest you go hide in a corner somewhere for a while.

+1

Agreed. I've paid for around $100 in digitalocean services for mining, I think cheating them with these coupon codes is terrible. The coupon codes are to get people interested in their service, not to be abused for high-usage instances. Sad
Agreed. If DigitalOcean is reading this I hope you understand that not all of us miners are cheats and scammers. I've paid $300 to DigitalOcean for their services.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:14:45 PM

I would be happy to keep paying.  But seems they do not want my money for mining.

Exactly! I think that due to their overselling model (which is necessary for good pricing....) they just can't support people using 100% of a resource. I'm sure we'd have the same trouble if we were using all 640GB of SSD space on the 20 core plan, or all 1GBit of the shared connection all the time, or the full 96GB of RAM on the 24-core plan. It's a matter of balance.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:25:25 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 03:38:27 PM by notlist3d

I would be happy to keep paying.  But seems they do not want my money for mining.

Exactly! I think that due to their overselling model (which is necessary for good pricing....) they just can't support people using 100% of a resource. I'm sure we'd have the same trouble if we were using all 640GB of SSD space on the 20 core plan, or all 1GBit of the shared connection all the time, or the full 96GB of RAM on the 24-core plan. It's a matter of balance.

If you look at thier twitter lots of support issues.   I think they honestly dont want us.  Would rater have customers who dont use CPU at capacity.
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:54:32 PM

My suggestion is to look for other providers.  Wink
https://i.imgur.com/RDJmuCt.jpg
ca. 0,01€ per hour per instance

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:55:27 PM

My suggestion is to look for other providers.  Wink
https://i.imgur.com/RDJmuCt.jpg
ca. 0,01€ per hour per instance

What provider is that? Smiley

kimosan

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:55:35 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:07:35 PM by kimosan

I received the letter after asking them for an increase in droplet limit. I'm going to continue using DO after primecoin so didn't see any harm with giving my name and phone number. Didn't tell them fb or twitter, blog or website. Figure they just wanted to make sure I was human. I'm using Paypal, no cc on file.

Ran 15 droplets all night. 1-core/512mb pps 50-200 = 4 blocks

My i5 running 3-cores each independent, pps 100-200, found 4 blocks in same amount of time. G2020 (2-core) has found nothing past 24 hrs.

Tried one of their 20-cores yesterday but it never got above 1400pps. Will run a few 8-cores today. Somebody is finding all these blocks.........

eule

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:56:26 PM

What provider is that? Smiley
Secret.  Grin
I'll give you a hint: I paid with bitcoin.

OnlyC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:02:47 PM

I received the letter after asking them for an increase in droplet limit. I'm going to continue using DO after primecoin so didn't see any harm with giving my name and phone number. Didn't tell them fb or twitter, blog or website. Figure they just wanted to make sure I was human. I'm using Paypal, no cc on file.
What did you tell them? Can you give me the email content? I afraid that they will not accept because they required many info.
kimosan

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:15:04 PM

What did you tell them? Can you give me the email content? I afraid that they will not accept because they required many info.

Name, address, phone - nothing more. They asked what kind of traffic I can expect so I was honest with them. Told them I am trying to learn linux while mining a new crypto currency. I also made sure it was ok to push their cpus, that if they had a problem with it I would shut down the droplets. I'm sure it didn't hurt that I made a decent sized deposit.

Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:15:54 PM

I made 5 droplets  from a Snapshot yesterday got them working and my account got locked. They unlocked it now and in the billing it is said that the droplets where functioning till 2 hours ago. But 20 CPUs mined only 1 block.
rethaw (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:33:52 PM

Added some speed reports to the OP. Sunny has pushed at least two updates to primecoin on github, but I don't believe either affect mining.

Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:18:02 PM

I'm not sure about this but isn't there a line that you can add to the config which will allow you to connect both of your droplets together? I think it might be something like adding server-ip:
BTC-Market

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:55:10 PM

A few of my 8 core droplets went from 1600-1800 down to 1000-1200

Anyone else getting the same?
soulmann

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:03:23 PM

A few of my 8 core droplets went from 1600-1800 down to 1000-1200

Anyone else getting the same?

I ran 8 core droplet and it was 1000. But my account got locked just in 1 hour of work.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:08:17 PM

Quote from support, so you don't get banned:

Generally what we ask is that you estimate how much usage you'll have in this calendar month, and use paypal to deposit that amount into your account as a deposit.

Wired some funds and no problem.
nabworth

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:22:39 PM

so ive got 5 droplets running now. All are 1core/512mb getting about 100-180 pps on each, 3 in SF and two in NY with no discernible performance difference. one of them has been running for about 2 days now, found 1 block, the rest are around 18 hrs and zero blocks.  I also have my own vm running with 1core and getting about the same speeds as the droplets, but in the last day and a half has found 3 blocks.  Strangely my 4 core i7 t420 lenovo getting 500-600 pps has only found 1 block in the last day and a half.  So that 1 core vm is tearing it up for me Smiley

the strangest thing is, ive got an ubuntu vm running on my macbook pro 13 getting around 500-600pps and its found 5 blocks in the last two days, which is awesome except they keep becoming orphans! 4 of the 5 now are orphans, and the 5th is still immature and im afraid its going to be an orphan too. I think there might be an issue with the clock because primecoind is reporting the error "Warning: Please check that your computer's date and time are correct! if your clock is wrong primecoin will now work properly"  . when i first adjusted the clock, the first two blocks i mined became orphans. now the clock is behind again somehow, which is probably why the later two became orphans too. waiting for the last one to mature before messing with the clock.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: