Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:06:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pump and Dump. How to make a profit?  (Read 4223 times)
jelbert1351

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:39:25 PM

My personal indicator at cryptopia for pump is that coins that has grown by 30 percent and up and has grown volume with in hour. In trading before putting buy order you should carefully study pacing in an hour or more. I love pumps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:14:55 PM

To make a profit from investing, it is a good idea to buy cryptos at the time of the dump, as the rates of cryptos will fall sharply, and that is the ideal time to invest. Moreover, after spending, we should hold and wait until the time when cryptos bump then sell to make big profits.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:25:46 PM

I spent some time on trading bots and automatic softwares about trading, most of them are useless softwares. These softwares are for pump and dumps schemes but they don't give actual profit.

To make profit, you need to trade on your own. Don't pay attention to pump and dump schemes.
The most cases where pump and dump is by lossing the followers after hoarding at that price, because theres always an advantage for them having many readers who are noobs and wanting a fast and easy money and that called a greed. A scene when the pumper buys and calls after they pick up some amount and sell after it pumps by their readers. Bots also present there that senses a pre pump but i don't recommend any bot trader it is much applicable for our own to learn to take advantage on every situation and not to be a follower only.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Chair ee law

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:04:44 AM

Pump and dump is the main game in this crypto world. Thus we need to be more skeptical in analyzing charts and ups and downs of our coins. Also read websites and updates to have more bases upon dealing with when to pump and when to dump.
QueenRoyale

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:46:56 AM

Im not expert about trading but as what I observed for you to make profit in pump and dump. You should buy in low price ( when it is being dump) then sell it in high price ( when it is being pump) in that way you'll gain a profit.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:08:11 AM

I have been joined this group by 3 times trading but i got profit only 1 times and 2 times losses because the price too fast rally and to fast going down, so for the better dont join it because to risky, and will be much better to do trading with own analysis and own strategy so we will know level of our skill and can learn from mistake before, so we will be expert trader.

ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:12:28 AM

Hi. How can you recognize pumps and dumps for any coin? Is there any universal indicators? I mean to predict it. Maybe there are some non-market signs (banners, posts, etc.)
Should I avoid pumps and dumps or try to earn some money?
It would be interesting to know your opinion, guys! Thanks
if you are new in trading I suggest not to try to short trade in pump and dump unless you are willing to loss a portion of your investment. pump and dump are for will experienced trader only because if your not quick to sell out your position you may stuck to that coin and become an instant ling term investor.

e19293001

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:25:24 AM

If your an experienced trader, you can try trend following which
you can take advantage of pump and dump. It would also be useful
to protect your money by setting a stop loss.
hashcoinusa

Activity: 342

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:43:34 AM

Major dumps happens when whales dumps their holding and will trigger stop loss.  If you study TRON, a good example of  pump and dump; but if you look at dump coins, their dont go anywhere for period of time. Better to trade in coins with no pump and dump.
WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:15:08 AM

It is hard to predict market because it work to follow the news. I realized that there are many people do not have enough knowledge and skill. They read or hear some fake news in market and they sell their coins immediately. So, I think the best way to succeed in this market is that you have to have a good knowledge and experience

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:13:57 AM

It is hard to predict market because it work to follow the news. I realized that there are many people do not have enough knowledge and skill. They read or hear some fake news in market and they sell their coins immediately. So, I think the best way to succeed in this market is that you have to have a good knowledge and experience
I think we had to be  more temperate about the flow of the price so that can easily grab the opportunity of gaining and maybe someday we can really easily determined about the right time of selling and buying due to the flow of the present price i really believe that we can really gain on it in a verry simple way through buying and selling.
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:45:06 AM

Hi. How can you recognize pumps and dumps for any coin? Is there any universal indicators? I mean to predict it. Maybe there are some non-market signs (banners, posts, etc.)
The only way to make profit is not to be too greedy, but don't waste your time, money on pump and dump as it can rekt you... Its better to invest in a promising project like Arcblock that is certain to moon because of the use case and new technology they are bringing into cryptocurrency sphere
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:49:06 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 09:42:51 AM by BlockEye

I think we had to be  more temperate about the flow of the price so that can easily grab the opportunity of gaining and maybe someday we can really easily determined about the right time of selling and buying due to the flow of the present price i really believe that we can really gain on it in a verry simple way through buying and selling.
Don't panic when crashes happens, if you believed in your coins, and you did analyze it and how it's roadmap and progress will do then there's nothing to worry about, i prefee holding my coins till their project fully developed and got into real business since it sure pump. Always get updated on your coins progress and don't easily believes on fud, do some research as much as possible to avoid more loss.
winwinmaimai

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:54:59 AM

I think in the case of new coin on the floor, the price is very low, coin free will be discharged quickly, many people want to have money, but do not buy rush, choose the lowest price purchase. After a good time, prices will increase or decrease depending on market value and team work. They will inject less money into the coin. You can dispose of it when it is available
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:32:24 AM

It's really hard to identify whether its pump and dump or no.But nowadays there are some group who are trying to do this in the market.They are building some community to hype the market and investors to pump the value of one crypto currency then sell during the time they reached their target.
mico

Activity: 172

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:04:35 AM

it is hard to catch the right moment because it depends on your knowledge, your skill and your information. But I think that you just keep the trust with crypto and be patient in all case, you will get profit

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
yo_mama

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:25:53 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 01:41:37 AM by yo_mama

In fact, there ARE technical indicators which can predict pump and dump to some degrees of accuracy.
They are called money flow indicators, and trading volume.

The principle is:
Institutional investors or "whales" who are doing the pump, will first buy in large amount of coins at low price. To do this, they need to buy without increasing the price too much (or it will draw other people's attention too early, who then bulk buy and increase the price). This requires buying slowly in small bits, together with some price manipulation tactics (such as buy/sell wall, trick others to panic sell on a small scale, etc). These actions leave traces in the market data, which can be revealed by money flow indicators and trading volume.

To be more specific, this "accumulation" phase before the pump can be characterized by:
"Directionless" or even some downward price trend. Price won't show any sign of rocketing.
Money flow indicators show increase/positive trend, revealing that net money flow trend is positive/inward (or BTC flow in case if its altcoin-BTC market). This is because whales are pouring money (or BTC) in to buy the coins.
Relatively high trading volume. This is due to a combination of price manipulation and whale buying -- both increase trading volume.

In determining the actual case, there may be a little limitation. Whether trading volume is "high" or not, can only be judged with some average trading volume as "reference". If the coin is newly listed on exchange, or without ever undergone any major pump-dumps, there won't be reliable "reference" to compare with. Although you can use historical data of other coins with similar market cap listed on the same exchange for reference, it's not guaranteed to be accurate. In many cases, you can get a sense of typical trading volume only after a major pump-dump cycle.
But other than trading volume, money flow indicators + price trend can sometimes be accurate alone.

Another problem is, there are pump-dumps of different scales and duration. Big, rich and evil institutional investors can certainly set up a large scale billion-dollar pump-dump lasting for weeks or even months. But the little greedy scumbags on those Telegram pump-dump scam groups can also start their own small scale pump-dump, with no more than $1 million poured in and lasts only a few minutes. These pump-dumps of different scale have different degrees of impact on money flow indicators, price trend and trading volume. Usually the small scale ones are much harder to detect (because of their "lighter" trace), and the large scale ones are easier but take much more time to detect. Experience would greatly increase the confidence and accuracy here.

There are trading bots claiming to be able to detect pre pumps, but I don't know if they are good enough, or even really capable to do so. It's totally possible they are pure scams though.

Finally, if you want to make huge profits from pump-dump, the hardest part is not detecting the pre-pump accumulation, but grasping the right time to sell at the peak. Since during pump-dump, price rises and drops too rapidly, the sell window is surprisingly short (for the small scale ones, it can be only a few seconds, leaving you no time to even think and react). If selling early or late, you either miss huge profit, or even lose money when price crashes to floor at lightning speed.

For large scale pumps lasting at least several days, the correct signal for selling can be generally judged by: slowing down of price increase or price reversal, downward trend in money flow indicators, and slowing down of trading volume increase, or even decreasing trading volume. But there is no hard threshold, and the case is different for each pump-dump, leaving you much lower certainty and higher risk.

One very important thing here is overcoming your greed and fear when the price is really high. If you ignore the warning indications of price reversal, hope the price can increase further and decide to hold, you may lose all the profits in a blink when price crashes. If it's a useless shitcoin, you may never regain your profit or money, because the shitcoin will be dead forever after this single pump and dump.

And nowadays, those evil pump-and-dumpers developed more sophisticated techniques. Sometimes, instead of making a "textbook style" pump with a single price peak, they will induce one or more small price crashes midway before reaching the ultimate ATH, or induce one or more price reversals midway during the big crash, to deceive other innocent investors so they can make further profit. One example is the January pump of Binance exchange's own coin (BNB), you can clearly see the abnormal price changes around the price peak. These factors greatly complicated the peak conditions, making it more difficult to determine the right time to sell. If not reacting properly, you can easily suffer huge loss to these crazy price manipulations.

All these are reasons why picking the correct time to sell at peak, is much harder than detecting the pre-pump.

If you think my information is useful, I would appreciate a little BTC donation.  Grin
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:40:05 AM

Avoid pump and dumps sir. It needs a very perfect timing and you only have a very small chance to know their coins before it skyrockets and it does not also mean that their signals will work. It needs large numbers of members.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:29:00 PM

it is pretty difficult and sometimes even impossible to predict. and joining the pumps is also a risky move too. but you know with big risks comes great rewards.

the trick is figuring when a coin is getting pumped. sometimes it starts with some sort of news. this an be quite weird and seemingly unrelated news such as the developers releasing a wallet for mobile! and sometimes it can be a predictable news like being listed on a big exchange, specially poloniex. that one will get pumped without a doubt.

then it comes to timing. to get in before the pump is over and buy as much as you can afford to lose and then getting out right before the pump ends or before the dump happens to be precise. that way you maximize your profit.

this is very difficult for beginners like me, how can we analyze them to pump a coin?

I often follow the signal from the pump and the dump but very few advantages that I get.
even a lot of what I experienced was a loss rather than profit itself.

how do you suggest as an expert in this matter?
I would suggest to read the website of the altcoin and its road when which will be your basis for the pump specially if the investors are really coming in to support the project. Rathe than following a pump and dump group.

Artgame

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:03:22 PM

To buy low, and sell high you have to be very fast, and continuously check the market. It`s pretty risky, especially with BTC, but can be more possible with altcoins. If you carefully choose the right coins due to their potential, price and market volume.
But again it`s not such huge profit. Yes, you can be lucky if you`ll buy really right altcoin at the lowest price, and then it`ll rise very high, but it`s pretty rarely. About Telegram channels, it`s tricky, many scams.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: