Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:34:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash hacked?  (Read 32040 times)
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:34:43 AM

I don't know much about the inner workings of bitcoin, but they know what wallet the stolen coins went into and where they went from there. Is it impossible to black-list the tainted coins/wallets? If every single transaction is in a ledger, then wouldn't every single coin be traceable?

Yep stick to your day job, blockchain aint for you son!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:36:09 AM

Well they are 100% liable for paying everyone back, if they come back and do not, anyone going back to mine with them is a damn fool.
grossiwm

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:10:28 AM

hashflare.io is also offline. Maybe it is related.
steve666

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:12:04 AM

Well they are 100% liable for paying everyone back, if they come back and do not, anyone going back to mine with them is a damn fool.

Building trust is a hard piece of work, to lose it you may need just a while... That's sad but true.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:06:02 AM

^^
This

I dont give a F how it happens make users whole or do not re-open you damn service
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:07:04 AM

See, this is what happens when btc goes to 13m and an employee sees 4000+ sitting there in 1 wallet.

It is Wednesday afternoon and one employee is bored outta his mind preparing TPS reports for NiceHash managers. Then he decides to check BTC price and sees it is at all time high. And plan starts to develop..

I bet he/she hatched the plan when BTC hit 10k $14500 was just to tempting
d00f

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:21:33 AM

I don't know much about the inner workings of bitcoin, but they know what wallet the stolen coins went into and where they went from there. Is it impossible to black-list the tainted coins/wallets? If every single transaction is in a ledger, then wouldn't every single coin be traceable?

Instead of making useless comments, perhaps you could explain why the system cannot be used to track the stolen coin? It seems that users were quite successful in watching where it went from the nicehash wallet.
invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:41:28 AM

Put me down for $1400 i used to cash out weekly until they put carrot in front of me by saving 2% by using internal wallet bravo bravo[I am sucker to fall for me].

Lesson learned. No more i say!!!

cold storage + private wallet

out a drop above ---

i was about to pull out my weekly and got sidetracked -- and then // BOOM

not happy (63 million !!!!!!!!!!!!  not secure )              hmmmmm

good karma 2 the positive ones
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:33:23 AM

Once this stuff starts moving you need to be extra careful on sales here or localbitcoins.
Some "very good" rates people got offered here on bitcointalk were in fact dirty btc.

How does that matter?I don't think there's such a thing as dirty BTC. It's just BTC.

It does. You might not be able to exchange it afterwards the same way you cannot exchange gold where the serials are reported stolen.
Exchanges blacklist several addresses. The wannacry-ransom-address was one of them:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-exchange-shapeshift-helps-police-as-wannacry-attacker-converts-to-monero
But we can also look further back into the past where mt gox was still operational:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mtgox-the-bitcoin-police-what-the-largest-exchange-is-doing-about-the-linode-theft-and-the-implications-1337616444/
Since the btc-blockchain is transparent, even sending it around a little bit will not help you over the long term.
If you cannot exchange or switch it, you are stuck with it.
storeship

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:46:41 AM

All their coins in one warm wallet, something not right there surely an inside job, what about back up funds? Profits?
How can a company with such technology make such a naive error??

Thats how large pools work.  They have one wallet for a particular coin and a database to know who is supposed to get what.  If the database gets corrupted or the wallet hacked, you're up a creek without a paddle.  Auto payouts are your friend.
I had auto payouts but high limit with Nicehash was due payout tomorrow

What was the minimun payout?

To my external wallet was 0.1BTC that I reached approx every 5-6 days
sikke1

Activity: 44
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:10:55 AM

Instead of making useless comments, perhaps you could explain why the system cannot be used to track the stolen coin? It seems that users were quite successful in watching where it went from the nicehash wallet.

Someone able to steal this much of coins will have knowledge how to launder the coins untraceable. There are several darknet launder places where coins get mixed so none is able to say whos has which coin. Also few swaps to altcoins like Monero and ZEC with hidden transactions the output is fresh altcoins which can be traded to fresh BTC and none knows which has which "stolen" Bitcoin. Maybe all bitcoins are traceable but whith some major mixing none knows who holds which coin.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:15:22 AM

Time to switch to Winminer or wait for Nicehash ? I consider already lost about 200 USD in each of my six boards so a total loss of 1200 USD which I would have got on Friday as that's my payday. It sucks and I think it has been an inside job as always in these cases.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
X299

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:22:15 AM

Why wait, to be stolen again, do not you get it once?

I would change it right now with something else.
Neweby

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:39:46 AM

This address? > 1EnJHhq8Jq8vDuZA5ahVh6H4t6jh1mB4rq
https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/1EnJHhq8Jq8vDuZA5ahVh6H4t6jh1mB4rq

razorseal

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:12:43 PM

What I'm shocked about is, how btc didn't take a hit and did the total opposite. biggest heist in bitcoin history, and price still keeps going up? Did I just jinx it? lol....

if this was real, I would say nicehash will have a better plan for keeping money secure now (if they stay in business) but I don't think they'll have good payments... who is going to use the service now?

I see alot of other options here, but none is easy as nicehash. It was literally, download app, benchmark, start making money.

easyhash.io will require little bit of setup... What else is out there?
drigler

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:26:36 PM

This address is still receiving some small amounts of BTC... How so?  Huh Donations?  Grin
bk2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:46:59 PM

Wow! Unbelievable to have such a glaring vulnerability for such a large operation.  Hoping for the best, but I don't see how they come back from this.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
razorseal

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:07:08 PM

What else is out there?

Minergate has been going for quite some time now.

That one has been considered scammish as hash rates are very low, so they're taking a decent cut from your hashing power.
Chironexxx

Activity: 148
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:51:51 PM

Despite the disturbing news, this comment totally made my day!  Grin Grin Grin

nothing to see here!
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:53:20 PM

That's hilarious considering that you just made THIS comment right before his;

Put me down for $1400 i used to cash out weekly until they put carrot in front of me by saving 2% by using internal wallet bravo bravo[I am sucker to fall for me].

Lesson learned. No more i say!!!

cold storage + private wallet

The "2%" is a constant. What's the relative difference between 2% of %100.00 and $1000.00?Huh So there is no penalty or difference in withdrawing that 2% every damn day if you like. You pay the same percentage on the total balance at the time of transfer. I would have to say the same to you. This definitely "ain't for you".

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: