Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:18:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash hacked?  (Read 32040 times)
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:55:24 PM

I don't know much about the inner workings of bitcoin, but they know what wallet the stolen coins went into and where they went from there. Is it impossible to black-list the tainted coins/wallets? If every single transaction is in a ledger, then wouldn't every single coin be traceable?

Yep stick to your day job, blockchain aint for you son!!

Despite the disturbing news, this comment totally made my day!  Grin Grin Grin
Why?? He's the same dipshit that just before that posted, that he doesn't like paying 2% on small amounts so he left his money in there for a week so he would only have to pay 2% on larger amounts. LMGDAO!!

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:02:27 PM

If the BTC core team did something about the blockchain size issue 2 years ago instead of bickering and arguing like a bunch of two year olds ppl could of gotten daily payouts without spending $10 to send $5 the cost of BTC transactions is stupid this is why we have BTC this and that and how is it a handful of ppl are controlling the development and future of BTC
BenRickert

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:04:07 PM

If the BTC core team did something about the blockchain size issue 2 years ago instead of bickering and arguing like a bunch of two year olds ppl could of gotten daily payouts without spending $10 to send $5 the cost of BTC transactions is stupid this is why we have BTC this and that and how is it a handful of ppl are controlling the development and future of BTC
AMEN!!!

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
LJ2017

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:14:29 PM

Whats another good alternative like nicehash? So far tried winminer, it keeps locking up my pc's every few hours. Tried minergate, seems like I should be getting paid more than what its claiming. I guess they don't have any other set it and forget it types out there as easy as nicehash?
botmanside

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:21:38 PM

so at first i'm soory for you guys who lost your coins with nicehash,
but i hope this fucking "company" will never see the daylight anymore...

Nicehash is a mining centralization plague, it's bad that someone can loose earnings, but if Nicehash disappears it would be a good luck Smiley
Maybe some of its users will start mining on regular pools and trading instead of searching for another alternative for noob miners Cheesy

exactly this

hahaha i hope they really got hacked, fucking nicehash

yes, fuck them, they ruining whole markets

So that's why the difficulty is down on everything.

Why don't nicehash miners just mine like everyone else  Huh

easy answer, beacuse they are lazy suckers....

Whats another good alternative like nicehash? So far tried winminer, it keeps locking up my pc's every few hours. Tried minergate, seems like I should be getting paid more than what its claiming. I guess they don't have any other set it and forget it types out there as easy as nicehash?

fuck nicehash, fuck alternatives, fuck lazy asses...

so i hope they will shut down forever, if not then i hope that big gauys can clearly see how this shit was damaging marketes,
and now they see they can get even more without this shit, so if they will try to work that shit again hope they will be
constantly DOSSED till the end of this fucking "company"

DDOS that shit...

RTFF && RTFM...
BitBot.V2

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:33:07 PM

I don't know much about the inner workings of bitcoin, but they know what wallet the stolen coins went into and where they went from there. Is it impossible to black-list the tainted coins/wallets? If every single transaction is in a ledger, then wouldn't every single coin be traceable?

Yep stick to your day job, blockchain aint for you son!!

Despite the disturbing news, this comment totally made my day!  Grin Grin Grin
Why?? He's the same dipshit that just before that posted, that he doesn't like paying 2% on small amounts so he left his money in there for a week so he would only have to pay 2% on larger amounts. LMGDAO!!
are you trolling? they charged a flat fee, obviously, and people didn't want it to amount to a large percent of the reward encouraging them leave larger amount in the wallet. 

P.S. the bitcoin network charges a transaction fee, this is not based on a percentage of the amount sent. Free lesson, Enjoy!
BenRickert

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:53:32 PM

So....you're saying that .02% fee of 10 separate $100.00 withdrawals is MORE than 1, .02% fee of 1, $1,000.00 withdrawal ?

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:53:53 PM

Big multipools like NiceHash that ran up the diff on new coins, only to dump them for BTC were a big part of the reason mining was unprofitable and the end of 2014. Can't say I'll miss them, but it sucks to everyone that lost BTC. Been there with the MintPal inside job. At least they caught the fucker.
n00bsaibot

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:59:49 PM

Big multipools like NiceHash that ran up the diff on new coins, only to dump them for BTC were a big part of the reason mining was unprofitable and the end of 2014. Can't say I'll miss them, but it sucks to everyone that lost BTC. Been there with the MintPal inside job. At least they caught the fucker.

Lets hope that they catch who ever did this ... some sort of "justice" should be served (Public execution, etc)  Grin Grin Grin
d00f

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:04:09 PM

What else is out there?

Minergate has been going for quite some time now.

I don't know that much about how it's done, since I'm a bit new to this gig, but I switched to minergate and their numbers didn't seem to add up with the amount of hashing my systems are producing. A discrepancy of about 30%. I'm not saying they're doing something crooked, but I switched to some different pools and the numbers match up against my calculated stats again. Maybe it's a difference in the reporting, but I remain suspicious.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:04:30 PM

Lets hope that they catch who ever did this ... some sort of "justice" should be served (Public execution, etc)  Grin Grin Grin

Yep, I hope they have to sleep with one open until they get caught. Wink
d00f

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:16:16 PM

Understandable. You can similarly bitch at a company like Walmart for destroying brick and mortar type businesses, but everyone is just playing inside the constraints of the market. I'm disappointed for the lack of proper security and asset compartmentalization, they dropped the ball in a big way. For that, NH needs to be taken to task.

However, some of the comments here are a bit like victim blaming. If a hot woman is wearing a skimpy outfit, it doesn't justify her being raped. The rapists still need to be brought to justice. NH didn't deserve to be robbed. These thieves ultimately stole from miners like you and I. I don't think of NH as hot woman, but I hope next time she comes packing some good defence. (Tasers and guns? Dad with a shotgun? Maybe...)
RealKariverson

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:16:36 PM

so i hope they will shut down forever, if not then i hope that big gauys can clearly see how this shit was damaging marketes,
and now they see they can get even more without this shit, so if they will try to work that shit again hope they will be
constantly DOSSED till the end of this fucking "company

While I agree nicehash was a bit too easy, trading a couple dozen volatile shitcoins is really difficult
TheFunkyGibbon

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:21:50 PM

I really do feel for all that had BTC locked up in NiceHash, hopefully if it's not an exit scam they make it right.

It is interesting to see what a difference having NiceHash offline does to the difficult on some coins. Some have/had dropped by 40% or more in difficulty.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:30:16 PM

A lot of other pools to mine at... and even earn more.

GOOD RIDDANCE NICEHASH.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:38:27 PM

so at first i'm soory for you guys who lost your coins with nicehash,
but i hope this fucking "company" will never see the daylight anymore...

Nicehash is a mining centralization plague, it's bad that someone can loose earnings, but if Nicehash disappears it would be a good luck Smiley
Maybe some of its users will start mining on regular pools and trading instead of searching for another alternative for noob miners Cheesy

exactly this

hahaha i hope they really got hacked, fucking nicehash

yes, fuck them, they ruining whole markets

So that's why the difficulty is down on everything.

Why don't nicehash miners just mine like everyone else  Huh

easy answer, beacuse they are lazy suckers....

constantly DOSSED till the end of this fucking "company"

DDOS that shit...
Have you ever used the nicehash to say that? Who are you? Nicehash team worked to make convenient and accessible pool. They did. Nicehash was the best in the world. They had users from all over the world. You have done something in your life? Only jealous spiteful posts. I don't like such people. You rejoice in the misfortunes of others. Shame on you!
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 03:51:02 PM

Nicehash was a really really good service, both for miners and for buyers. Up til yesterday there has not been a problem (that was their fault) with their service, They were reliable and could be trusted. I just hope that this is proven not to be an inside job, that would ruin the nicehash company.
razorseal

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:03:27 PM

so much hate for nicehash...

It was the easiest way to setup mining and bring in BTC. I can't think of any other simpler way to download 1 software, and bring in 100 dollars worth of bitcoin every month on a 5 year old gaming computer.
CoinSkank64

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:15:05 PM

Ye i loost all my 100 days off farming.... I ordered a Nano ledger 3 weeks ago AND i got it today!!! 0.15.... Im always getting scammed Sad Mybay crypto and the internett is not for me.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 04:22:42 PM

$60m bitcoin locked vs constant sell pressure by miners... could be worse.
There is no reason to believe that the haul is "locked". Quite the contrary. I'm sure it will be converted and laundered ASAP.

you can't just launder $60m from crypto to fiat. that's not possible

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: