Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:32:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash hacked?  (Read 32040 times)
armenmerikyan

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 04:28:12 PM

Ye i loost all my 100 days off farming.... I ordered a Nano ledger 3 weeks ago AND i got it today!!! 0.15.... Im always getting scammed Sad Mybay crypto and the internett is not for me.

I must say this is an interesting situation, the company seemed to be making a killing and they invested in technology. I don't think this was an inside job.

1. Inside job, someone got strong armed and forced them to take down the network
2. Russian hackers helping Trump (just a joke)
3. Another competitor is getting ready to come online and this was the first step
4. Other miners hacked them because they had a great product and brand recognition
5. This was their plan all along
6. Price of BTC was going to jump and they realized there is more to be made from taking the BTC(New business model)

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ght3d

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:28:32 PM

Had 1k $ waiting to be paid to my external wallet tomorrow on NH. I hope they will recover.
NH was the most stable service i was mining on. Now switched to secondary pools, but not one of them is anywhere near the same profit as NH. Prohashing dies every 24 hours, zpool is shady and profits dissapear somehow and you're paid as if you're mining on shitty 10yr old hardware and not state-of-the-art miners. So the solution for the time being would be to mine some DGB or other profitable multialgo coins, or directly BTC and LTC.
hardworker27

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 04:48:16 PM

I both sold and bought on nicehash, that's why I kept some btc there. Sad they were really good and I don't think there will be an as good alternative one.
Hope they will recover, at least the wallets because some of my pools locked the payouts to my wallet on nicehash and those pools still have some of my btc. Sad
lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:24:43 PM

Coinbase.com is down. Anything related?
botmanside

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:37:00 PM

so at first i'm soory for you guys who lost your coins with nicehash,
but i hope this fucking "company" will never see the daylight anymore...

Nicehash is a mining centralization plague, it's bad that someone can loose earnings, but if Nicehash disappears it would be a good luck Smiley
Maybe some of its users will start mining on regular pools and trading instead of searching for another alternative for noob miners Cheesy

exactly this

hahaha i hope they really got hacked, fucking nicehash

yes, fuck them, they ruining whole markets

So that's why the difficulty is down on everything.

Why don't nicehash miners just mine like everyone else  Huh

easy answer, beacuse they are lazy suckers....

Whats another good alternative like nicehash? So far tried winminer, it keeps locking up my pc's every few hours. Tried minergate, seems like I should be getting paid more than what its claiming. I guess they don't have any other set it and forget it types out there as easy as nicehash?

fuck nicehash, fuck alternatives, fuck lazy asses...

so i hope they will shut down forever, if not then i hope that big gauys can clearly see how this shit was damaging marketes,
and now they see they can get even more without this shit, so if they will try to work that shit again hope they will be
constantly DOSSED till the end of this fucking "company"

DDOS that shit...
Have you ever used the nicehash to say that? Who are you? Nicehash team worked to make convenient and accessible pool. They did. Nicehash was the best in the world. They had users from all over the world. You have done something in your life? Only jealous spiteful posts. I don't like such people. You rejoice in the misfortunes of others. Shame on you!

so what are you going to do now? are you gonna cwy now?
lol, lazy ass fuckers whinning everywhere, grabing some popcorn...
i hate lazy fuckers like you....
deal with it...

RTFF && RTFM...
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:43:31 PM

$60m bitcoin locked vs constant sell pressure by miners... could be worse.
There is no reason to believe that the haul is "locked". Quite the contrary. I'm sure it will be converted and laundered ASAP.

you can't just launder $60m from crypto to fiat. that's not possible

LOL at this.  I'm not even a criminal and I can think of many ways just off the top of my head.  I'm sure guys who steal this much have it down to a science.  Daily volume of bitcoin trading is 17 billion dollars.  $60m is a drop in the bucket.  They could easily spread this around and convert this to altcoins or use some large tumbler.  All you need to do is read this story:  http://www.app.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/2017/11/03/jackson-pastor-sentenced-five-years-bitcoin-scheme/829670001/  This guy was a pastor running a small time credit union and they managed to convert "10s of millions" in bitcoin.  And this is in the USA!  Imagine how much easier it is to run a scheme like this in countries with less regulation.
nsummy

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:46:37 PM

so at first i'm soory for you guys who lost your coins with nicehash,
but i hope this fucking "company" will never see the daylight anymore...

Nicehash is a mining centralization plague, it's bad that someone can loose earnings, but if Nicehash disappears it would be a good luck Smiley
Maybe some of its users will start mining on regular pools and trading instead of searching for another alternative for noob miners Cheesy

exactly this

hahaha i hope they really got hacked, fucking nicehash

yes, fuck them, they ruining whole markets

So that's why the difficulty is down on everything.

Why don't nicehash miners just mine like everyone else  Huh

easy answer, beacuse they are lazy suckers....

Whats another good alternative like nicehash? So far tried winminer, it keeps locking up my pc's every few hours. Tried minergate, seems like I should be getting paid more than what its claiming. I guess they don't have any other set it and forget it types out there as easy as nicehash?

fuck nicehash, fuck alternatives, fuck lazy asses...

so i hope they will shut down forever, if not then i hope that big gauys can clearly see how this shit was damaging marketes,
and now they see they can get even more without this shit, so if they will try to work that shit again hope they will be
constantly DOSSED till the end of this fucking "company"

DDOS that shit...
Have you ever used the nicehash to say that? Who are you? Nicehash team worked to make convenient and accessible pool. They did. Nicehash was the best in the world. They had users from all over the world. You have done something in your life? Only jealous spiteful posts. I don't like such people. You rejoice in the misfortunes of others. Shame on you!

so what are you going to do now? are you gonna cwy now?
lol, lazy ass fuckers whinning everywhere, grabing some popcorn...
i hate lazy fuckers like you....
deal with it...

I think it might be time for you to log off your computer and step outside for some fresh air and sunlight......
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:49:42 PM

There is no reason to believe that the haul is "locked". Quite the contrary. I'm sure it will be converted and laundered ASAP.

Oh yes you can Mogambo. My first step would be to get it to Monero. I don't know why you would say that. It wouldn't be hard at all.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:54:28 PM

LOL at this.  I'm not even a criminal and I can think of many ways just off the top of my head.  I'm sure guys who steal this much have it down to a science.  Daily volume of bitcoin trading is 17 billion dollars.  $60m is a drop in the bucket.  They could easily spread this around and convert this to altcoins or use some large tumbler.  All you need to do is read this story:  http://www.app.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/2017/11/03/jackson-pastor-sentenced-five-years-bitcoin-scheme/829670001/  This guy was a pastor running a small time credit union and they managed to convert "10s of millions" in bitcoin.  And this is in the USA!  Imagine how much easier it is to run a scheme like this in countries with less regulation.
Yes....thank you. A lot of people in here are chugging giant glasses of stupid. I bet half these butthurt hateful bastards, are also the ones that host their servers in huge mining centers like Genesis. Fucking retarded hypocrites. I only use NH as a back up but I will say they were stable as the Rock Of Gibralter and the profits were ALWAYS top shelf.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
CassiusV

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

Proud Mary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:59:08 PM

Oh yes you can Mogambo. My first step would be to get it to Monero. I don't know why you would say that. It wouldn't be hard at all.

I guess we will see Monero spiking hard soon if you are right and regarding Nicehash i feel lucky i havent used their services even though i had the intention to rent some of my hash power.
nsummy

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:03:41 PM

so much hate for nicehash...

It was the easiest way to setup mining and bring in BTC. I can't think of any other simpler way to download 1 software, and bring in 100 dollars worth of bitcoin every month on a 5 year old gaming computer.

100% correct.  When I first started mining I used Nicehash while I learned the ropes.  I realized it was more profitable to mine to a pool directly but didn't know enough.  Still though, I can see why so many people continued to use it.  You didn't have to mess around with a bunch of different altoin exchanges or following the markets to be sure the the coins you were mining weren't crashing, or checking to see if difficulty and hashrate was rising at an extreme rate.  Strangely you don't see this much hate for Nemos Miner, Multipoolminer, Zpool, or anything else.  I can assure everyone that ZPool is more responsible for killing profitability than Nicehash.
BenRickert

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:07:03 PM

so much hate for nicehash...

It was the easiest way to setup mining and bring in BTC. I can't think of any other simpler way to download 1 software, and bring in 100 dollars worth of bitcoin every month on a 5 year old gaming computer.

100% correct.  When I first started mining I used Nicehash while I learned the ropes.  I realized it was more profitable to mine to a pool directly but didn't know enough.  Still though, I can see why so many people continued to use it.  You didn't have to mess around with a bunch of different altoin exchanges or following the markets to be sure the the coins you were mining weren't crashing, or checking to see if difficulty and hashrate was rising at an extreme rate.  Strangely you don't see this much hate for Nemos Miner, Multipoolminer, Zpool, or anything else.  I can assure everyone that ZPool is more responsible for killing profitability than Nicehash.
Zpool....flat out thieves. I wonder how many of these butthurt screamers still have currency sitting in other wallets.....like Coinbase.....which BTW is down right now.

Makak4R

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:16:09 PM

well the main problem with nice were it was too powerful
it could kill a coin very easily if someone  give too much power, kicks the diff to the moon, then leave..
and normal miner will be try to mine the new block like eternity.
but for new people in  crypto - it makes life much easier, no doubts!

will see how it goes now
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:21:31 PM

This is a huge black eye for Nicehash.  I hope they can find a way to recover the stolen funds.  I know this hurts a lot of us.  I concur with the comment about Nicehash being the most stable place to mine so I hope they can recover from this, but this really hurts Nicehash and it's customers.  They have to do better.
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 07:48:57 PM

it could kill a coin very easily if someone  give too much power, kicks the diff to the moon, then leave..

will see how it goes now

Exactly this. The moment they went offline everybody was able to see the impact on the big and knows coins. ETH was obviously not that affected but Zencash global hash decreased big time. Also Electroneum nethash went from 200 MH/s to 60 MH/s.
Killing newly created coins is an entire different issue with them. I hope people get their BTC back but if NH would suffer and lose some hashrate that would be a good thing for everyone.

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:58:32 PM

will see how it goes now

Exactly this. The moment they went offline everybody was able to see the impact on the big and knows coins. ETH was obviously not that affected but Zencash global hash decreased big time. Also Electroneum nethash went from 200 MH/s to 60 MH/s.
Killing newly created coins is an entire different issue with them. I hope people get their BTC back but if NH would suffer and lose some hashrate that would be a good thing for everyone.

I was another nice hash user, but this really opened my eyes , they were bad for the small miner , even if they come back I will never sell my hash there again.
bigal82

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:04:22 PM

now on

https://www.facebook.com/NiceHash/

Dear NiceHash users,

LIVE STREAM about the current situation and the latest updates is going to happen in one hour at 4 PM ET.

Please share this post for more people to see and tune in! We need your support.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:04:46 PM

They just announced a live stream in 1 hour. I'm getting the popcorn ready
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:05:20 PM

I used nicehash for a long time and very disappointed with this situation. I never keep coins on the domestic purse surfer. This allowed me to lose a little, but I'm more worried about the fact. We got confirmation that no one in the world of cryptocurrency are not protected from hackers.
kabi123

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:18:49 PM

watched that livestream... fu.k them all

simple message..if we dontrecover that BTC...u get nothing....
yeee...we lost all..., they never can get that BTC back from that adress......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: