Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash hacked?  (Read 32040 times)
Sjeikz

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:48:50 PM

"We’re working on a solution to ensure that all users are reimbursed."

More info on here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7j1rqf/nicehash_ceo_marko_kobal_speaks_to_wikitribune/
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:05:34 PM

More info on here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7j1rqf/nicehash_ceo_marko_kobal_speaks_to_wikitribune/

At least they owe the responsibility and shed some little light that miners money will be paid back, if they could reimburse all of the miners earnings, I guess, they truly are serious on their comeback.

X299

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:22:16 PM

More info on here.

Good news, I hope.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:28:15 PM

More info on here.

At least they owe the responsibility and shed some little light that miners money will be paid back, if they could reimburse all of the miners earnings, I guess, they truly are serious on their comeback.

I think that they will try to return the savings of users with their income. I don't know what they had income, but I will always return to them as soon as they resume their work. I understand that from such situation nobody is insured. I'm even willing to give up their coins to Fund the development nicehash.
CoPil

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:37:03 PM

More info on here.

It's nice for them to do that. 60-78 Million Dollars (as per the articles) stolen from Nicehash but they're still promising to compensate and updating their users. They should definitely give the utmost security as they begin to fix everything that they've lost.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-nicehash/nicehash-says-attacked-probably-from-non-eu-ip-address-idUSKBN1E21Q7

Latest update from the CEO: https://www.wikitribune.com/story/2017/12/11/technology/nicehash-ceo-speaks-out-after-60m-cryptocurrency-hack/27212/
X299

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:40:31 PM

I think that they will try to return the savings of users with their income. I don't know what they had income, but I will always return to them as soon as they resume their work. I understand that from such situation nobody is insured. I'm even willing to give up their coins to Fund the development nicehash.
How much have you lost?
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:19:51 PM

I must say, I am impressed with how these men have handled this situation. To date, they show extreme character and honesty. If they in fact do reimburse users for their losses, that would be an epic achievement and one that earns and deserves respect and patronage from those who have need for their services. If they afford compensation for losses, (mine was very small) I would absolutely use them. Nicehash has always been just a failover for me, but I found their platform to be rock solid and their service more than adequate. I could reasonably assume that once they are past this, that they will have learned by test of fire, and their system will probably be more secure than most others out there.

I wish you the best Gentlemen.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:59:50 PM

I'm sure that if they pay all the losses, then respect for this platform will grow at times, and the pool is so accurate, because people will know that they are safe to mine.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:17:17 PM

anyone who goes back to using nicehash is a moron and deserves to have there coin stolen again, it happened once. it will happen again especially now that people know that nicehash is a good target. doubt there going to be able to pay back 60 to 78 million dollars any time soon, they don't even make that much a year

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
BenRickert

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:32:59 PM

anyone who goes back to using nicehash is a moron and deserves to have there coin stolen again, it happened once. it will happen again especially now that people know that nicehash is a good target. doubt there going to be able to pay back 60 to 78 million dollars any time soon, they don't even make that much a year
Shut the fuck up. You're a fucking idiot. Eat a dick.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:42:41 PM

says the person whos impressed about nicehash. yet they haven't returned a dime yet to there users

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
BenRickert

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:13:52 AM

says the person whos impressed about nicehash. yet they haven't returned a dime yet to there users
I'm sure you'd like to be tried, convicted and punished by a bunch of assclowns in a chat room huh? "Innocent until proven guilty". It's really better that way than yours. Stop acting like some Totalitarian dictator. Maybe.....just maybe, those guys are trying to run an honest business and they are victims too. How would you like to have your business torn apart by criminals and then be accused of the crime? We all make mistakes. Trust me....I make plenty.

gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:47:45 AM

I'm sure you'd like to be tried, convicted and punished by a bunch of assclowns in a chat room huh? "Innocent until proven guilty". It's really better that way than yours. Stop acting like some Totalitarian dictator. Maybe.....just maybe, those guys are trying to run an honest business and they are victims too. How would you like to have your business torn apart by criminals and then be accused of the crime? We all make mistakes. Trust me....I make plenty.

Was thinking that seeds would become the new currency a mistake? Lol ... Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm in total agreement with you on the NH ordeal.  I know people are pissed off that they lost money, but no one really knows who is responsible.  Just a ton of people making unnecessary accusations.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
bk2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:50:30 AM

Turns out Nicehash crashing and burning has forced me to go out into the world and discover some more profitable coins.  Blessing in disguise as they say.  Probably made up for my loss of Nicehash BTC already.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:25:58 AM

I think nicehash security system more powerfull.
i dont understand why he keep all btc online ?

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:39:22 AM

Too bad, just started using them and really liked their service. I doubt that they will recover from this hack.
dlukin

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:30:37 PM

It is the best time to mine neoscrypt coins, while NH is down)
storeship

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:13:28 PM

I lost over £1200 to Nicehash, not my fault i was due a payment to an external wallet and it was the minimum payout 0.1BTC at the time, they are responsible, they were targetted because their security was not up to scratch, they held too much coin in a hot wallet all in one place, that is a schoolboy error and asking for trouble, as soon as i see some money back that they owe me for my mining then perhaps a little faith could be restored, until then no one knows the situation exactly but im certainly not in a position to forgive them at this moment in time.
Your response is childish and is just a plain insult with absolutely no help to this community whatsover.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 04:24:37 PM

"We will reimburs everyone" YEAH RIGHT. ill belive it when i see it. Dont hold your breath everyone, you will die. They just want to get their shit online to start earning again. They think this will be forgotten.
warden

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:35:22 PM

50/60 million dollars is really huge Shocked i don't think they can reimburse all the users.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: