Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:46:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bull market - what to buy?  (Read 380 times)
Razorbeam

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:28:59 PM

There are two standout candidates for me - Spectrecoin and Neo. Spectrecoin is THE most holistic privacy coin but at a fraction of the price of Monero at present (under 1%). Once the marketing kicks in the potential is massive.

Neo is simply the smartest coin out there, ICO friendly, excellent eco system and pays gas dividends for holding in a Neon wallet and scratching your butt (about 6-7% dividend per year)
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SHBlizzard (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:06:54 AM

Can I ask what you see as the real value to spectre coin, other than anonymity.

It is my opinion that the market is moving towards Dapps with a real world application of transitioning traditional functions to decentralised alternatives.

Privacy coins, in my opinion, have had there time and will not be the biggest winners in 2018.

thank you!! and i also don't like how badly xspec has been shilled lately... not saying theyre wrong cuz ive done my fair share of occasional shilling, but it kind of feels overdone...

i think xspec has potential to make gains, but as you said, better coins with a purpose are available..

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:09:33 AM

- currently looking at DNT and SONM - price is relatively stable, under ICO price (i believe? not too sure)

You have just replied to yourself, they are under the ico price, so why would you invest in there?
The only thing that you are doing is just contribute to those scammy projects.

Sonm is a good project, but it could not been developed because they did not even raised the 2/4 of the expected funds.

And this is happening with a lot of ico's at the moment, because they are expecting to raise 150 millions, or even more..

hmmm.. thanks for the info, will consider this advice. anyother projects you feel are undervalued? or havent made insane gains lately?

Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:12:19 AM

Viacoin is suitable for purchase. Not long ago a strong one made a rise. However, it can perform an upward movement again. Bitcoin is stable and can be invested without going up in price. It also has good resistance against bitcoin's upside.

i feel like ive already missed the entry point for via coin, if it corrects to an acceptable price then maybe ill jump in.

SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:14:28 AM

One of the few who took a hit instead a raise in last few days is Electroneum, so it could be pumped.
Another great coin who will be listed in exchange /price raise/ on 20th is HEROcoin.

not interested in electroneum, but maybe HEROcoin, which exchange?

SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:17:03 AM

DNT , DIVI !

Why do you say this?

Could you offer a bit of personal analysis as to why you would choose these coins?

I too am looking to make major investments, although I would like to spread mine over a broader portfolio than 1 coin.

DIVI seems interesting, but i feel like something isn't right about their model - (different levels of masternodes, sub 10mil supply of coins)

SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:23:52 AM

I think the two picks of yours shows your understanding of the market good projects with good team and currently undervalued (SONM and DNT), I will add MGO, Wagerr, Enigma and Status to your list

Unfortunately Status just hit a new ATH today. and i'm scared to jump in.. (need to do more research on it)

will check out MGO

i do like Enigma a lot!!! i forgot about it, thanks for reminding me

i like wager a lot, too again it has risen a lot recently, but im more likely to go for it since its market cap is still only 40 mil. + mainnet + testnet launch in jan.

okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:09:17 AM

Sonm looks like a good bet to me, they will release a big surprise news on December 25 during christmas. You can find more information on their website at Sonm.io/miracle I think

I think they are going to release a new wallet + announce a partnership

K4

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:47:16 PM

Sonm looks like a good bet to me, they will release a big surprise news on December 25 during christmas. You can find more information on their website at Sonm.io/miracle I think

I think they are going to release a new wallet + announce a partnership

Yes they are going to release their testnet on December 25th. But I don't think that this is the "secret" news they are going to announce that day, cause it isn't a secret after all.

I'm hoping for a major partnership. This would cause the price to skyrocket. The growth in the last weeks looks also very healthy so far.
all_inman

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:20:50 PM

all the tokens were not pumped yet
vovannovig2

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:26:03 PM

1) SpectreCoin (XSPEC) - 0.00003315 BTC (+3.35%)  Wink Very interesting project that will definitely go up in price! - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2103301.0
XSPEC - I'm sure that it will cost much more than now, I buy this coin for all my money!
Indeed an anonymous coin which is dynamically developed by the community!

Publication about the project - https://globalcoinreport.com/heres-why-now-might-be-a-good-time-to-pick-up-some-spectrecoin-xpsec/  Wink

2) eXperience - 0.00000002 BTC (+68.13%) - Volume (24h)    $2 957 620 USD  Shocked \ 165.43 BTC  Roll Eyes -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2313170.120
The cost will increase several times by the end of the year, a very interesting project with a large volume of bidding !!!

3) ZOIN - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2085112.0

4) KZCash - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2312421.820

5) Monoeci (XMCC) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2083054
SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:43:39 AM

update : ended up picking 2 coins - TNT and ENG - happy with my choice so far

Grin

Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:43:03 AM

so i started buying cryptos 2-3 months ago, so far i've outperformed the market. but not by much.
With so many coins hitting new ATH, i am struggling to find value and i am scared to jump in.

What are some coins that haven't mooned in the last week or so?

i'm looking to put 1000usd down on one coin with good support levels

- currently looking at DNT and SONM - price is relatively stable, under ICO price (i believe? not too sure)

What are your thoughts? What other coins fit the criteria? (oversold/undervalued/etc...)

If you are having a hard time looking for better coins, go for those that are on top but which are going to go higher still in the coming days and months. Strat and Waves remain to be good coins for investment especially for long term holding. You may also look at ETC. I am also considering the new coin Eidoo (EDO). I think this will become bigger in the future.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
nasibakar

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:51:39 AM

Buy Bitcoin
Buy the king
srqrebel

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:59:34 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 01:35:21 PM by srqrebel

The main reason I'm interested in cryptocurrency is the ability to conduct transactions anonymously and to hide one's wealth from those who would rob you (whether that be the government or individuals). For those HODLing coins that are especially well suited to maintaining the user's anonymity, a global full-fledged government crackdown is going to be good for them; they'll end up with the most valuable coins as other coins become too dangerous to use. (Mind you, BTC/etc. could still be in use in such a scenario, it'll just be higher risk, I think, which is something that most people don't want to deal with.)

One coin that I really like that is going to the direction of full anonymity is SpectreCoin (XSPEC).

Right now, a thousand USD will get you a little over 1,600 XSPEC. Or, you could wait and see if the price drops a little. However, even if you buy now, in the next year I expect the value of XSPEC to soar, perhaps into the $1 or $2 range. Apparently I'm not the only one, either:
https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/spectrecoin-prediction

My recommendation is you put your 1k in SpectreCoin.

Honestly with the milestones on their road map set for next year I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 4 or 5 bucks.  It basically functions like IOTA with no tangle and  is completely anonymous.  Ring signatures plus Tor integration already exist if what I'm reading is right AND it doesn't use exit nodes.  That means everything happens inside the onion itself.  It just shot up .20cents yesterday.  Seems as if more people are finding out about it gradually as their marketing is shit.  It's like a word-of-mouth burger joint with no sign.  But the kind of anonymous burger joint that, within a year or so, has a line of people outside waiting to get a burger.  You know what I'm talking about.

It is my opinion that the market is moving towards Dapps with a real world application of transitioning traditional functions to decentralised alternatives.

Privacy coins, in my opinion, have had there time and will not be the biggest winners in 2018.

Hi tomwalsh, thank you for the question.

With all due respect, I wonder if you are missing the point.  Anonymity IS the real value of Spectrecoin.  Robust anonymity, that is.  This coin is not messing around when it comes to protecting the privacy and anonymity of its users.

Say, have you ever heard of the "World's Smallest Political Quiz?"  (If not, look it up.  You'll learn something new, if nothing else.)  The Libertarian Party likes to use it as a recruiting tool.  Know why?  Because, despite the seemingly radical slant of its questions, the consistent results from the quiz indicate that more people unknowingly identify as libertarian than any other political persuasion.  These are people who value their privacy, and they do NOT want anyone, let alone guns-and-fists wielding government thugs, involving themselves in their private affairs - including their financial transactions, communications, and personal net worth.  And, believe it or not, they are not just a tiny minority.

My point is, people who value privacy may not be a vocal bunch, but they are a large and economically powerful minority (if not majority).  When you say "other than anonymity," as if that were a minor detail, it makes it appear that you are out of touch with a major segment of your countrymen (assuming you are a U.S. or Canadian person.)  Coins that secure the privacy of the individual have not at all "had their time;" as a matter of fact, with the mounting government crackdown around the world on Bitcoin, and application of their insidious AML/KYC laws to crypto transactions and trading, privacy coins are only now beginning to come into their own.  Bitcoin no longer enjoys the presumption of privacy it enjoyed in past years.

John McAfee was not kidding when he indicated that the privacy coins will see a major increase in market share going forward.

If you want to ride the next big wave in crypto to financial security, I strongly recommend that you not make the mistake of overlooking privacy coins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:23:34 AM

The main reason I'm interested in cryptocurrency is the ability to conduct transactions anonymously and to hide one's wealth from those who would rob you (whether that be the government or individuals). For those HODLing coins that are especially well suited to maintaining the user's anonymity, a global full-fledged government crackdown is going to be good for them; they'll end up with the most valuable coins as other coins become too dangerous to use. (Mind you, BTC/etc. could still be in use in such a scenario, it'll just be higher risk, I think, which is something that most people don't want to deal with.)

One coin that I really like that is going to the direction of full anonymity is SpectreCoin (XSPEC).

Right now, a thousand USD will get you a little over 1,600 XSPEC. Or, you could wait and see if the price drops a little. However, even if you buy now, in the next year I expect the value of XSPEC to soar, perhaps into the $1 or $2 range. Apparently I'm not the only one, either:

Honestly with the milestones on their road map set for next year I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 4 or 5 bucks.  It basically functions like IOTA with no tangle and  is completely anonymous.  Ring signatures plus Tor integration already exist if what I'm reading is right AND it doesn't use exit nodes.  That means everything happens inside the onion itself.  It just shot up .20cents yesterday.  Seems as if more people are finding out about it gradually as their marketing is shit.  It's like a word-of-mouth burger joint with no sign.  But the kind of anonymous burger joint that, within a year or so, has a line of people outside waiting to get a burger.  You know what I'm talking about.

Privacy coins are always going to have a big section of the market so there is always space for a new coin as long as there are some innovations after all many people are unhappy about the number of bitcoin forks but the number of dash forks are impressive as well.
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:18:42 AM

Honestly with the milestones on their road map set for next year I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 4 or 5 bucks.  It basically functions like IOTA with no tangle and  is completely anonymous.  Ring signatures plus Tor integration already exist if what I'm reading is right AND it doesn't use exit nodes.  That means everything happens inside the onion itself.  It just shot up .20cents yesterday.  Seems as if more people are finding out about it gradually as their marketing is shit.  It's like a word-of-mouth burger joint with no sign.  But the kind of anonymous burger joint that, within a year or so, has a line of people outside waiting to get a burger.  You know what I'm talking about.

This is interesting and where I see the divide between people who are cashing in on a market that is growing as a result of Satoshi's initial implementation of the Bitcoin and people who want to actualize the PURPOSE of the implementation of the Bitcoin.  Bitcoin has not grown to it's current state on the market as a result of people who expected it to become a major financial instrument or store of wealth.  What started the growth of Bitcoin were the people who realized it could completely free them from monitoring of transactions by governments through banking entities.  Like it or not... it grew as a result of drug sales done anonymously over the TOR network.  If those markets hadn't picked up Bitcoin for its (at that time) anonymous  utility it would not have it's current market value.  That is a fact.

The option to have privacy is an integral part of these markets, as is decentralization.  Yes, these applications should have real world function.  Privacy coins will have similar function as hand to hand trading of cash  because it's only the business of yourself and the other person you are dealing with.  This is how trade should work, completely free of tertiary entities unless one is desired.   But currently fiat is controlled by tertiary entities.  This means that you can make no large transactions without someone knowing about it.  Even small cashless purchases are monitored by these entities.  You get a sandwich on a creditcard... They know you got a sandwich.  Some people are okay with this, but many are not.  In my opinion it's creepy.

But people are resistant and resilient.  For every restriction a government or other controlling entity attempts to place on them people we will work around that.  We do not desire to be controlled just, in most cases, lead.  PRIVACY IS of real value to a lot of us... but also the rapid transaction speeds give it GREAT utility.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:51:16 AM

Privacy coins are a no-brainer for those looking to still catch the crypto train.  John McAfee agrees: https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/941003398215761922

I have my money on Spectrecoin (XSPEC).  It is a (as yet) little known coin with robust privacy and anonymity technology, several exciting groundbreaking features (current & upcoming), a tiny market cap, fewer than 21 million currently in circulation - and it is still available for under $1 per coin (for now).  It did experience a rather dramatic surge today, but it is still well under $1, and as far as I am concerned, XSPEC at any price under $1 is a steal.  As the roadmap gets implemented and word gets out, this coin is likely to move up through the ranks very quickly, with a strong prospect of reaching $5-10, or even $20, sometime next year.

You can find out more about this hidden gem here: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
Join our vibrant and growing community on slack: http://slack.spectreproject.io/

Agreed with this one. XSPEC has better privacy bsaed technology than all the other privacy coins but it still just under $1 due to extremely poor marketing. They are releasing a new website soon so better get some quick, it won't be cheap for long!

Sonm is also a good choice, but i suspect it is a long term hodl.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: