Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use any indicators to predict Bitcoin price movement  (Read 902 times)
Walrus1 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:22:55 PM

Hey, let me open by saying Bitcoin is not stock as I know people will respond in such. I merely use stock as an explanation point. I am in the market and real estate as well as gold. With each of these I can follow some information, though not fool proof, that can give me an idea on what a particular investment might do. I see here on this forum people actually say "think positive Bitcoin will go up". Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet. Thus far I see people's confidence, volume and news reports are the main driving points behind btc movements do you follow anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:16:45 PM

Yes, there are some applications or advice by the experts that I know; with the help of this indicators, I can make a wise decision based on the facts that I gather.
It will be a great help not just for me but to other people as well to avoid conflicts resulting to wrong decision.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 05:46:10 PM

We all are acostumbrated to see this kind of spammy posts in this forum, just ignore him because that post is pure garbage, he is just spamming to get paid by his signature campaign.

Yes, there are some applications or advice by the experts that I know; with the help of this indicators, I can make a wise decision based on the facts that I gather.

No, there aren't any indicators that will tell you the exactly price that will be in a few hours/minutes/days/weeks, it is impossible, not even the experts can predict it.

If you are looking for a good indicator, then use bollinger bands, maybe it will help you a bit, but dont make false expectations because you know that no one is able to predict the price, just speculate over it.

But EMA, SMA, and the others are not going to help you

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 06:20:44 PM

No I did not use anything specifically but I have a habit to check the prices every hour from different exchangers. Well, I don’t go and start logging in everywhere but I just go and check it on the exchanger really. Now I’m just looking st the markets section and then we can predict the things from volume of the bitcoin that is being traded inward and outward really. This gives rough estimates of the price incrimination in future and we can predict from it.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:06:03 PM

You can try using websites like Tradingpro and Coinigy but in the end your guess is probably as good as mine despite the fact it may have some indicators behind it. I find with bitcoin the price action generally doesn't link up to what was "supposed" to happen and as a result I stay clear from it and try not to get burned by making wrong moves.

Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:07:57 PM

Most a time i check on different crypto currency exchange for the market capitalisation of Bitcoin and most time the also serves as a guide, fundamental issues like positive news about Bitcoin also gives me confidence that Bitcoin market value Will continue to grow. There are prediction of Bitcoin value reaching  $40,000 before end of December next year already and there was a prediction before now that Bitcoin market value Will reach  $15,000 before end of December this year and currently it is above that already and we expecting it to hit $20,000 before end of December this year.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:14:12 PM

Hey, let me open by saying Bitcoin is not stock as I know people will respond in such. I merely use stock as an explanation point. I am in the market and real estate as well as gold. With each of these I can follow some information, though not fool proof, that can give me an idea on what a particular investment might do. I see here on this forum people actually say "think positive Bitcoin will go up". Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet. Thus far I see people's confidence, volume and news reports are the main driving points behind btc movements do you follow anymore.
Confidence isnt a new thing here on bitcoin investment which even though its not a magic bullet but you cant really remove it on investors mind about those assumptions since we did already witness this thing to rose up its price upto these years.I would say that price increase or movement do really need fundamentals all the time and cannot be read up or use up by some technical analysis which i did already observe when i was trading this thing.

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:18:28 PM

There is really no much indicator as you have to still make some decisions based on what you can see. All you have is your own skills and following of trend to know what the outcome of a particular trade may be. Without that, you will only end up getting lost. Most times I watch out for the activities on the charts to know what I can apply and usually, I look out for triangular formations, the OBV and some downtrend followed by resistance breaking.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:44:35 PM

It is true that optimism is not enough to justify our decisions in the market, but to be honest, after a decade of experience trading in different markets, I have come to the conclusion that the indicators of technical analysis do not seem to provide sufficient reliability to predict with absolute certainty the future performance of the markets, and this is especially true in a market as new and volatile as it is the crypto market.
greatk

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:45:27 PM

I doubt if anyone has a perfect indicator that could have predicted this current price hike  Huh I feel pump actions and FOMO could be responsible

coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:56:10 PM

Using indicators on BTC just doesn't work well.

Just wondering, am I the only one who talks to myself out loud when I do TA?

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:31:11 PM

Honestly, I don't use any indicators as I suspect that the movement of bitcoin is mostly due to sentiment, rather than the practical nature of the technology.

The trend appears to be as follows;

1. Headlines promoting a new bitcoin high make the rounds as bitcoin nears a new peak
2. New investors notice these headlines, and invest out of sentiment
3. The influx of new investors causes demand to outstrip supply, meanwhile exchanges struggle with the loan, further increases scarcity.
4. More headlines appear and the cycle continues until exchanges cope with the increased activity
5. The price drops around 10-20% until the next wave starts again.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:43:13 PM

Outside candlestick formation and pattern, nor of the technical indicators can actually predict bitcoin price as this market is too volatile more than stocks and forex. If you are knowllegable in trading You will agree with me that bitcoin support and resistance level does not hold and you have to be skillful in trading in other to spot the signal from candlestick formations before knowing the change in price directions.
badgod

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:50:14 PM

Bollinger's Band, RSI , MACD I use. But the technical event on the cryptocurrency is more fiable I think to predict movement .
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:15:01 PM

I usually use Bollinger, RSI, MACD to predict the next candlestick chart of bitcoin as well as other altcoin. Next peak of bitcoin is $ 20000 and then it will return $ 16000. 2018 will be a boom year for bitcoin and crypto.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:23:58 PM

I don't really think any indicator works on BTC now. any indicators will be too slow / showing too much noise....
crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:36:41 PM

Like many others have said already, there is no 100% accurate way to determine where the price of Bitcoin will be at any point in the future. This doesn't mean that indicators are useless. They can still give you the trends and momentum of the market to provide you an educated guess. I would use a momentum indicator such as RSI or Stochastic Oscillators, large SMA/EMA periods to understand long term movement, and Bollinger Bands for short term changes and catching breakouts. Best of luck with your trading!
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:08:57 PM

There are a lot of trading signal group or trading bot that you can join or use to know the signal about price of all cryptocurrency not only Bitcoin. I think almost traders are using them to get profit from trading, but be careful when you want to buy any trading bot or join any trading signal group cause there are a lot of scam bot and group so you'll lose your Bitcoin if you follow their signal.

TheBobyHunter

Activity: 518
Merit: 494

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:21:32 PM

iam use forex indicator to predict bitcoin price
ussualy use PZ harmonic , pivot point
crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:16:42 AM

Well, since other people are throwing their hats in the ring for applications you can use. I've made a trading bot called Crabby which we are still actively developing. You can use the backtest feature to look at some of the most common signals and see how those strategies would have performed over any time period in the last year. You can then set up bots. Since it's free to use, you don't have to worry about the high costs that some of the other bots make you dish out without knowing if it will help your trading.

http://crabby.io/

If you try it out, let me know what you think!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: