Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use any indicators to predict Bitcoin price movement  (Read 902 times)
Walrus1 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:59:43 PM

We all are acostumbrated to see this kind of spammy posts in this forum, just ignore him because that post is pure garbage, he is just spamming to get paid by his signature campaign.

Yes, there are some applications or advice by the experts that I know; with the help of this indicators, I can make a wise decision based on the facts that I gather.

No, there aren't any indicators that will tell you the exactly price that will be in a few hours/minutes/days/weeks, it is impossible, not even the experts can predict it.

If you are looking for a good indicator, then use bollinger bands, maybe it will help you a bit, but dont make false expectations because you know that no one is able to predict the price, just speculate over it.

But EMA, SMA, and the others are not going to help you
are u referring to me with a spammy post. I don't have a sig campaign and never had one (don't really know what it is)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:12:41 PM

I do trade Bitcoin with moving average crossing indicator and Bollinger band. This has proof effective and efficient to me as I have about 75% success rate.many robot are also programs based on ma indicator and this makes 200 and 100 moving average on 4 hour chart very effective. I also has a friend that use relatively strength index and this indicator has been very good for him and he has been trading with great success rate. You should peak one of the indicator and development your trading skills with it and from there you may build your expertise around it.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:24:40 AM

To be honest there is no indicators that will predict the price of bitcoin.
There is some conclusion that somehow it can known the price of bitcoin but we should consider all things before to determine.
Since this is a Holiday season many expert conclude that the price of bitcoin will fluctuates up which is already happen.
pushkarmore

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:00:55 AM

Hey, let me open by saying Bitcoin is not stock as I know people will respond in such. I merely use stock as an explanation point. I am in the market and real estate as well as gold. With each of these I can follow some information, though not fool proof, that can give me an idea on what a particular investment might do. I see here on this forum people actually say "think positive Bitcoin will go up". Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet. Thus far I see people's confidence, volume and news reports are the main driving points behind btc movements do you follow anymore.

Yes, I can understand your point of view, I agree with you to some extent, but I don't think that only these people's confidence in bitcoin is making the bitcoin price move to $17000. Of course, there are some group of big guys and professional traders and big institutions who are playing along with the people's confidence and will make a profit once they booked it.Recently the china's ban on ico was a good example where the pullback from $6000 to $3000  made people think about the crash but from their, the bitcoin price moved higher and higher to $17000 price level.And it was all because of Big guys support and promoter's holding.
Low Sigma

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Algorithmic Trader

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:15:05 AM

Hey, let me open by saying Bitcoin is not stock as I know people will respond in such. I merely use stock as an explanation point. I am in the market and real estate as well as gold. With each of these I can follow some information, though not fool proof, that can give me an idea on what a particular investment might do. I see here on this forum people actually say "think positive Bitcoin will go up". Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet. Thus far I see people's confidence, volume and news reports are the main driving points behind btc movements do you follow anymore.

I'm building my own indicators.
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:17:09 PM

Yes I’m use only MT4 indicators because it is a best for trading and most of the people use this indicators. MT4 also one of the best for bitcoin price movement calculation, if you not use this indicators just try hope you can got a best result with it. I'm use it around 2 years ago and still now i'm use it.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:26:18 PM

Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet.

Let me tell you that you are right when you said that "bitcoin is not a stock"

A lot of people are considering bitcoin as a stock, and that is why they use dozens of indicators to try to speculate or descifrate how much is bitcoin going to be worth in a few days/minutes/months.

Those indicators that are always being used on forex or stocks, are not going to work by the same way on the crypto markets, only because they work different, and the price of each is different too.

Cryptos are just purely based on speculation, real currencies or stocks/commodities are only based on facts, informations, reserves, and so on.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:34:55 AM

Confidence holding of bitcoiners make not so many bitcoiners panic sell. Panic sell will make price dump but its not happen in bitcoin because of bitcoiners very confidence with the price will go up.
About indicator, i never use any indicator to trade in crypto, i just use how much bid and ask in orderbook.
Walrus1 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:50:42 AM

Dude, u are so right, I certainly have panic sold with btc. I'm disciplined not to do so with stock having studied it much longer but Bitcoin I react to much differently. I'm getting better with btc but I speculate too mych, I do beleive it's better to take profit on btc now leaving some in to hold but I don't want to get caught with my pants down
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:56:25 AM

There is some conclusion that somehow it can known the price of bitcoin but we should consider all things before to determine.
Since this is a Holiday season many expert conclude that the price of bitcoin will fluctuates up which is already happen.

Absolutely, there is no indicator to predict on the value of bitcoin all you have to do is to monitor its value on the different sites which you can see it's char. Those economist as bitcoin exoert can't determined directly they need to study some information which to be gathered in order to conclude. Most bitcoin expert speculates that the value of bitcoin will increased by as much as $20,000 which already happening since today is holiday season.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:00:35 PM

No way: bitcoin is so different form usual currencies (or stock market) that no indicator has any value at present.

I'm a big fan of Elliot waves, and until september I was pretty sure bitcoin respected them; then, suddenly, it exploded Sad

So, use indicators if you want, but I don't see any advantage

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:16:26 PM

If you trade bitcoin on trading platforms most of the trading platforms support you with market price analysis tools. Tradingview is a website that provides you with tools to assist you analyze bitcoin as well as other coin to know the upcoming price will go up or down.

vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:23:40 AM

I don't think if any here in bitcoin community could predict the price of bitcoin movement even the experts on the law of supply and demand have no idea on how to predict. The best way is to monitor the value of bitcoin from time to time. As the performance of the bitcoin this year is very tremendous unexpectedly, hoping to increase as wish by many to have a profit.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:41:23 AM

Bitcoin price analysis do not mush following technical issues but fundamental issues and we are to follow news and most tweet from majors experts in Bitcoin networks. I have see tweet from expert from  both crypto currencies and our traditional financial systems, moving Bitcoin price up or pull it down completely. Hardfork issues also affect the market and I thing price action indicators such as candlesticks formations also affect Bitcoin price.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:45:39 AM

No, I don't think there is any indicator that usually predict bitcoin price movement. The only thing you need to do as a trader is to be mindful of the price flow of bitcoin and watch the market cap.  Another thing you can do is to follow the predictions of some Bitcoin experts probably in their social media networks or in their blogs or sometimes in forums discussion. Their predictions are most times accurate and sometimes tends not to be. And also, Bitcoin is not stock and shouldn't be compared to it.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 10:52:56 AM

For me the best indicators are the news, if the news about bitcoin the expect that its price will go up and if it is bad then expect that it will go down. Another indicator is by using this forum, read speculations or make a thread and poll asking how much price of bitcoin will sell their bitcoin then after that you can analyze the market and set your own goals.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:47:32 PM

Yes, I can understand your point of view, I agree with you to some extent, but I don't think that only these people's confidence in bitcoin is making the bitcoin price move to $17000. Of course, there are some group of big guys and professional traders and big institutions who are playing along with the people's confidence and will make a profit once they booked it.Recently the china's ban on ico was a good example where the pullback from $6000 to $3000  made people think about the crash but from their, the bitcoin price moved higher and higher to $17000 price level.And it was all because of Big guys support and promoter's holding.
That is the crazy things about this world. We will always have whales and they definitely have the upper hand in the market. They know what they are doing, and they make use of some of these indicators, to either drive market up or down for their own profit, which they do for their own profit.

The main thing is to always think like them and be very smart to make some moves which you cannot, if you end up not using some of those indicators to make good predictions.
chefbauer

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:54:14 PM

Most indicators are bullshit for predicting the price, there isn't a proper way to predict it.
Just remember that the market is only created based on speculation, fear, and hype, nothing more than that.
So your indicators are useless in order to do this kind of analysis

Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:59:08 PM

Cryptocurrencies are represented by a huge number of digital currencies, which are both similar to each other, and at the same time are fundamentally different from each other. Prognostication of the Bitcoin price can be done by analyzing the correlation between the main cryptos. Correlation of the crypto-currency has the greatest importance for compiling an investment portfolio. Definition of correlation implies the identity of the movement of the price of absolutely different trading assets. All digital currencies belong to the same industry, so the influence of industry-wide news, for example, the problems of working with the exchange, can bring down the rate simultaneously for all crypto-currencies.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:51:51 PM

Moving average indicator has always helped me anyway, but the truth is that you cannot rely on just only one particular indicator to make decisions. OBV, RSI, Bollinger bands, and so on should be combined to have a solid stand on your decision and know that the decision you are making is actually one that is highly worth taking. With the MA anyway, you can do pretty well with it.

Indicators normally won't give exact prediction, they are just mainly good for following trends, but there are sometimes you can use some retracement to know how to predict what a value could get to before a particular trend ends. However, when following trends with some of the indicators, and most especially, indicators like MA or RSI, then you cannot miss it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: