Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:07:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are dying !!!  (Read 3471 times)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 03:48:02 PM

just woke up on this massive dump !

what do you think it's causing this ? and do you think this is the best time to buy ? or it will dump even more   Shocked

Ikr, I feel the pain man. Even Im in quite a big loss, damn I should used stop loss in the first place. This sucks. So much of bitcoin pumping has belittled altcoins as hell as If they already weren't that little.  Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:52:27 PM

This is a natural reaction, when one asset that trades in relation to the second starts to fall in price when the price of the second increases. Of course, after the stabilization of Bitcoin's price, the altcoins will begin to recover. But you need to consider that 90% or more of the coins in the future will disappear.
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:57:04 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 04:09:00 PM by Domenc

Last time, this scenario occurred was not long time ago when Bitcoin gold pumped the Bitcoin price to high extent and it is happening again when Bitcoin price is sky rocketing once again making alt coins bleed brutally. Investors are pushing money towards Bitcoin and everyone's eye is set upon the price of Bitcoin. But once the fall comes, many altcoin will pump and it could pump altcoin once again.
Sparky71

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:01:07 PM

It's a big world.  My gut tells me that there are too many alt coins/currencies to be sustainable in the long run, and people are making more every day.  I am skeptical.  I think there is room for a few that will get global mindshare.  Others will be limited in market scope.  But the big ones like BTC and ETH and their first derivatives will sway the markets for the others for a long time.  I have a background in Econ, but still feel I am only scratching the surface with my understanding of Crypto.  What an exciting time to observe and look for opportunities.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:21:16 PM

Altcoins are not dying at all! However, there is too much correlation with the former bitcoin and they difficultly will decouple this bond.
Nevertheless, if you look at the dollar/robust coin pairs, you will see a steady increase in price (ETH, LTC and dash for example), which translate in stron community support. Moreover, those altcoins are quite useful indeed for the overall environment.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:46:16 PM

I dont see this as a pump, I see it rather as a massive run on Bitcoin that happened so fast that the demand way outweighed the supply and therefore price soared up. Surely this affects the altcoin markets in a negative way as it always is, but I am certain that they will also recover sooner or later.
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:55:23 PM

Nah, they are not. Just Bitcoin is rising and people see more potential in Bitcoin at the moment so they are moving their money.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:58:50 PM

The value of the altcoins has gone down and the same doesn't mean that they are dying. As each and every altcoin has got the dependence on bitcoin in terms of trading as well upon the market capital generation the growth has come down. At the same time period more altcoins have been growing high in value. Soon can expect mutual growth.
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:01:16 PM

It is just a market's correction, you dont need to be too nervous. Before each hard fork, altcoin price will goes down, and that is the good time to buy potential altcoins.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                     

Powered by,
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:15:18 PM

it was the best time to buy you favorite alcoins cheap and maintain your portfolio. you have  seen it as death of altcoin but it was an opportunity to buy more at cheap. now market has recovered and the people who bought alts cheap now can get some profits.

NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:31:48 PM

If you are holding many altcoin then I understand that you are very anxious. The altcoin market is deeply discounted due to the impact of bitcoin. But I think you should be calm because early in 2018 will be the time when the crypto market grows again.

aneeqvalam

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:38:55 PM

alts dump because of btc but this time they will recover fast wait and watch
light22man

Activity: 311

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 09:48:12 PM

what do you think it's causing this ? and do you think this is the best time to buy ? or it will dump even more   Shocked

As we see now it was good time to buy altcoins at their support level, I am made already around 15% profit.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:55:10 PM

Altcoins are not dying at all! However, there is too much correlation with the former bitcoin and they difficultly will decouple this bond.
Nevertheless, if you look at the dollar/robust coin pairs, you will see a steady increase in price (ETH, LTC and dash for example), which translate in stron community support. Moreover, those altcoins are quite useful indeed for the overall environment.
True,  it is too exaggerated to exclaim that altcoins are dying just because the prices are going down. You must know that when it comes to crypto this is just normal and there is no need to panic. The prices are not stable and that there are times that it is high/low.  Search about the volatility of the coins to understand what we are all trying to say. Thinking about altcoins dying because of dumps or crashes was very naive. The OP should read more.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:59:18 PM

The BTC/altcoin correlation is misleading and cannot be used as a measure of value by itself. One should also pay attention to the fiat/altcoin evolution because that is also very important and the communities supporting the altcoins pay close attention to both factors.

Many altcoins are being dumped because a significant portion of of those holding them were just waiting for a chance to make a quick buck and are not true supporters of the coin.

A strong community won't dump a coin only because BTC is skyrocketing. And when we talk about modern implementations, with PoS 3, masternodes and a strong dev team, the coin will thrive while others are just dumped.

Take a look at DMD's last month performance in these harsh times:

Breaking records! Why? Because we believe in it, we don't dump. We don't care for the BTC forks, our diamonds are a safer bet.

hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:19:29 AM

Like you, I also noticed about altcoin value for being in a massive dump which maybe just a challenge for altcoins because obviously like the other coins they suffered and experienced a massive dump until it become successful and reach the continuously increasing of value. We must know that it's all part of cryptocurrencies .
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:19:27 AM

i don't see altcoins dying, if you have been trading recently, you'll see that most of of the gain are in bitcoin and no doubt about it, bitcoin had reached 17k usd in no time, but the correction is now on going, and the value of bitcoin had dropped, and it seems that, the money is on altcoins right now, here in the eastern side of the market, the value of altcoins had increased during day time and i think this is because of the value of bitcoin dropping, and more and more people seems to be very active as of yesterday in trading, probably to gain more profit, making altcoins still alive in the market, we should just not panic, seeing a bloody red red market, it will go up in time.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:22:38 AM

I never believed that altcoins are in dying stage, because first of all crypto currency now are starting to become famous in many country. So I'm sure that altcoins have a huge chance to increase their value on the following weeks or months, all we need to do for now is to be patience waiting for the right time.

Moreover I think if the alternative coins are dying, balanced of crypto currency will be destroy. The possibility to increase bitcoin are higher but the in return they can't be afford this coin in the future.
yashticao

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:53:08 AM

Chill boss, later on they gonna pump more. Bitcoin is now circling at $16k, I see many alts are pumping now. Don't worry about your alts, they are not dumping rather afraid of losing.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:35:58 AM

Altcoins are not dying though some altcoin didnt survive but still other altcoins are quite stronger. I think altcoins are having a time to pump. Anytime alts will pump even bitcoin price is increasing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: