Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:40:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How Serious Of A Problem for Ethereum is Crypto-Kitties?
No problem - network slowdowns are routine - 1 (5.3%)
Could be a problem, but a technical fix coming soon - 7 (36.8%)
Serious problem - 10 (52.6%)
Terminal problem - this could kill Ethereum - 0 (0%)
Too late - Ethereum is now dead - 0 (0%)
Don't Know - 1 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Serious Of A Problem for Ethereum is Crypto-Kitties?  (Read 549 times)
steveouttrim (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:23:32 PM

We're told that crypto-kitties is slowing down the Ethereum network by 10%, but I can't do any transactions at all.

How is it affecting others here?

Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:28:26 PM

This kittens are causing a serious back log in the ethereum blockchain. There are transactions that are not confirmed for days. I have a transaction that is delayed for half a day now. I hope this get resolves soon, and don't want a high fee as a resolution. I hope the devs have good ideas how to solve this before people start losing interest in eth or switching to another blockchain.
S4M5.DTY

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:50:42 AM

We're told that crypto-kitties is slowing down the Ethereum network by 10%, but I can't do any transactions at all.

How is it affecting others here?

The other also experiencing the same thing bro.
Here they discuss about CryptoKitty :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2524558.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2460954.0
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:01:44 PM

This is not our problem but the developers of Ethereum,can a game really make the whole network congested they must fired all of their developers.

alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 09:07:13 AM

this is a real problem, but I think Vtalik will maked conclusions and solve the problem
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
pksingh

Activity: 218

BCT Manager

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 09:16:13 AM

I have an EIP pending for improving the performance of ETH by making hyperlocal dapps and zero-conf unless conflicts.
You may vote to increase priority: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2479576.msg25382657#msg25382657

Gloria_16

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:03:57 AM

Oh, these crypto kittens have spoiled the network, but I do not believe that they can kill the broadcast, the developers have to figure it out, otherwise the etherium will be abandoned by all (
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:05:24 AM

I agree this is a serious problem that developers couldnt handle,i dump all my eths and switch to ltc,i pitty those developers.
panduryk

Activity: 516
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:35:01 AM

Well, I have not been able to carry out the transaction for 3 days, I think the developers should do something. Either further such companies and the network might simply not be able to stand.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:38:02 AM

because of kitties it really hard to send coins. very expensive to transfer coin right now. a lot of people right now hate crypto kitties. a lot of pending transcation. need to resolve ASAP
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:46:30 AM

It is a very serious problem that is slowing the network.  Cry
But this means Ethereum network is not as robust as Vitalik says. Also this means Ethereum has even more scaling problems than Bitcoin, so it could not be a serious way to transfer money online.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:55:04 PM

This is a serious problem that showed the shortcomings of the etherium. Although it did not affect the price of the coin too much. I hope in the near future the problem will be solved otherwise I will have to abandon the ether.

steveouttrim (OP)

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:58:50 PM

It is interesting that the price of ETH has basically doubled since CryptoKitties came out.

They have sold $12 million of CryptoKitties already - better than many ICOs. The volume of ETH traded has been $2 billion+ per day - CryptoKitties entire sales are not even 1%. Whatever/whoever is driving the ETH price up, it seems they don't care about network congestion and scaleability issues.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:07:17 AM

I think this exposure is going to light a fire under the ETH developer's asses to get this fixed sooner rather than later. A good thing for everyone imo.

romec1701

Activity: 157

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:09:33 AM

I think it good. They will roll out fixes to improve the network and ETH will be stronger than it was before. So WIN for ETH HODLers

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:15:48 AM

This did make me lose money actually.
I did not have eth on my wallet which was needed to transfer tokens to exchange, I had to wait 15 or so hours till it got trough finally.
This time frame made me lose 50% of token price which i was going to sell.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:11:17 AM

Does any other platform that claims to be the future (ehem lisk, ark, waves, etc) already have a working dapp that has made developers millionaires? Cryptokitties yes, slowed the network down to its knees but its a good exercise in moving forward. The plans and roadmap for Ethereum's scalability was already known even before cryptokitties was launched. If anything, it just shows that Ethereum is a viable platform where developers can build blockchain applications and profit $$$.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
master2#

Activity: 204

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:35:19 AM

In a short term it is a problem but in a long term it may attract new people to invest in crypto
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:50:28 AM

It is interesting that the price of ETH has basically doubled since CryptoKitties came out.

They have sold $12 million of CryptoKitties already - better than many ICOs. The volume of ETH traded has been $2 billion+ per day - CryptoKitties entire sales are not even 1%. Whatever/whoever is driving the ETH price up, it seems they don't care about network congestion and scaleability issues.

The crypto kitties gives a lot of the demand to the ethereum as the first working dapps and that makes a lot of people are feeling curious about that. But how the txpending in the ethereum blockchain has decreased a lot. It looks the chain runs for well right now and there is no competition to raise the more transaction fees. Crypto kitties just a little problem and we don't need take it seriously. the only good thing about that to gives the more knowledge about the developers about the ethereum is still less on its scalability.
Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:17:33 AM

I think the issue is already slowly fading,  I ve traded already in etherdelta unlike last week when cryptokitties are in the mass buying.  Definitely this will be solved with even more stronger platform of eth than before,  so I think that was a good challenge for eth network.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: