Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [XDB] Doubloon - Privacy Evolved  (Read 34340 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
loatchoat

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:23:16 PM

sounds like something really cool Cheesy do you have a discord one can join and chat with others that are interested and just hang out ^^? would be cool!

Thanks! We just created a riot channel to get ready for public testing. Everyone is more than welcome to join us there. We'll have a bridge up soon to connect to other communication channels.

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#doubloon:matrix.org

Why do we not use Discord ?

b4h4mu7 (OP)

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:27:33 PM

sounds like something really cool Cheesy do you have a discord one can join and chat with others that are interested and just hang out ^^? would be cool!

Thanks! We just created a riot channel to get ready for public testing. Everyone is more than welcome to join us there. We'll have a bridge up soon to connect to other communication channels.

riot.im is the hub and with bridges we'll be able to connect to other communication channels i.e. discord, telegram etc.

https://github.com/42wim/matterbridge
dunedainbob

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:42:02 PM

I'm a little confused, what's the relation between XDB and BoolBerry?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
crypto7873

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:44:11 PM

I'm a little confused, what's the relation between XDB and BoolBerry?
Boolberry is going to do a hard fork and then XDB will be created just like Bitcoin and bitcoin cash did this year.
TaylorFade

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:08:46 AM

Subscribed. Might be the project I've been looking for.
coinscontrol

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:11:51 AM

Add your Crypto Coin/ Token to Coinscontrol.com - Future Crypto Coin Exchange and Trading Platform
If you are a developer or official representative of cryptocurrency asset,
you can add this few options to list a new asset in https://www.coinscontrol.com/Addcoin
Do not forget to provide the following when you request listing:
link to an official git of your node
link to an official website
link to block chain which must work properly
name of asset and trading symbol
By applying a request to add an asset to coinscontrol, you as developer agree to report of technical issues
with your cryptocurrency, node, block explorer etc. You also agree to notify us of all kind of forks.
In case of losing clients' funds due to forks or technical / security issues with block chain or node,
you as developer will bear financial responsibility.
Timeline for listing of new asset depends on agreement reached.
EXCLUSIVE Term is 3- 7 Businees days, Fees: 0.50 BTC ( This Fee only upto 20 Assests after that we charge 1 BTC Fee )
Thanks
Coinscontrol.com
Facebook : https://facebook.com/coinscontrol
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/coinscontrol
Telegram : https://t.me/joinchat/Gty4fg8KT-73nn3UlTFrHA
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:08:47 PM

HOW TO MINING?
You can't yet... it has not been released yet.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:16:05 PM

I've been mining for 5 years.... to get the efficiency of my cards on that NEW algo will cost me all my mining equipment!
I will never get the efficiency as I get on wildkeccak.
Change the logo... name... ticker.. but not the algo.
Thx

Just build new rig for XDB dude ! I also still support wildkeccak because my gtx 750 ti can do 750 kh only with 25 watt power.

Thanks! We've spent seven months refining this algorithm into something that is truly unique amongst a sea of clones. Wild Keccak is also unique in this regard, although, this is one of the few algorithms that has seen a considerable amount of peer review from within the academic community. We're not going to just throw it out because of a guesstimation in hash efficiency for older cards..

Saraga, the dev handling the implementation, just finished the final spec integration this week and is busy refining it. As soon as all the devs are comfortable with the state of Itsuku, we'll be releasing it for public testing. This might be in a day or two at the earliest, so keep an eye out on this thread for an announcement!

Guesstimation.. What?...

While I appreciate all your feedback, my point is that we haven't even begun Itsuku public testing and you're asking us not to use it.. It doesn't really make a lot of sense given all the work we've put into it. Try the algorithm and see what your hashrate is before passing judgement on it. Technology will always move forward, the solution is to adapt to it. We want as many different cards testing the algo so we can compile all the results. That said, this project will go in a different direction than BBR once the network is online so you'll always have the option of mining WK.
Ok Smiley But I believe you don't understand ...it will be new technology made for newer cards.... that simple before I even see it. Guaranteed.
Unless it is made to have the same hashrate on all and any card low end or high end high priced or low priced.
Even then it will put me in the dust.
Ps How long before its release b4h4mu7 ?
Thx Smiley
b4h4mu7 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:36:04 AM

Discord is now up and linked to all our other communication channels:

Discord:
https://discord.gg/txBBGyV

Riot:

Telegram:
http://t.me/doubloon

IRC:
http://chat.freenode.net/?channels=doubloon
b4h4mu7 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:07:58 AM

Greetings everyone,

We will no longer be hardforking Boolberry. We will be fairly launching as a separate currency with a small pre-mine for research, development and marketing along with a small mining tax to support on going project related endeavors.

We will also be pivoting to a new zero knowledge system developed by our researchers. This new system will require us to forgo ring signatures and stealth addresses. Since we won't be using our ShortRingCCT research, we're planning on migrating that it into Boolberry, so if you're interested in that head over to the BBR thread and join the community.

BBR Thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.0

Itsuku will be reserved for Doubloon along with our new zero knowledge system and our i2pd integration.

Sorry for all the confusion here but this was a recent development in the project direction and we decided it was best to bring our prior work on ShortRingCCT to make Boolberry a stronger competitor in the privacy vertical now that the original developer is back on the project full time. I've updated the ANN to reflect the pivot in direction for the project.

We believe this is the best direction for our project's integrity as all coins will be mined through Itsuku rather than generated through a hardfork.

Thanks all!
icoprimers

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:23:53 PM

Greetings everyone,

We will no longer be hardforking Boolberry. We will be fairly launching as a separate currency with a small pre-mine for research, development and marketing along with a small mining tax to support on going project related endeavors.

We will also be pivoting to a new zero knowledge system developed by our researchers. This new system will require us to forgo ring signatures and stealth addresses. Since we won't be using our ShortRingCCT research, we're planning on migrating that it into Boolberry, so if you're interested in that head over to the BBR thread and join the community.

BBR Thread:

Itsuku will be reserved for Doubloon along with our new zero knowledge system and our i2pd integration.

Sorry for all the confusion here but this was a recent development in the project direction and we decided it was best to bring our prior work on ShortRingCCT to make Boolberry a stronger competitor in the privacy vertical now that the original developer is back on the project full time. I've updated the ANN to reflect the pivot in direction for the project.

We believe this is the best direction for our project's integrity as all coins will be mined through Itsuku rather than generated through a hardfork.

Thanks all!

So how can I get XDB?
Sproutsleftball

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:28:43 PM

hello,

it looks great project. Can you tell me the maximum XDB supply and in wich we can trade in futur

thanks
cromex

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:09:03 AM

I like
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:27:08 PM

Is the only way to get Doubloon is to hold Boolberry or POW mine Doublooon at launch?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
mrmiroslav

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:51:28 PM

Is the only way to get Doubloon is to hold Boolberry or POW mine Doublooon at launch?
Nope. Doubloon will be a new coin, because hardfork there will not be
Rex1t

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:09:14 PM

rly? hard fork cancelled?
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:32:59 AM

Only way to get Doubloon is to mine or is their Airdrop?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
b4h4mu7 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:43:44 PM

Only way to get Doubloon is to mine or is their Airdrop?

Hi everyone, please read my announcements thoroughly.. some are asking questions when the answer is right above them..

I stated our ShortRingCCT research and other improvements will be merged into Boolberry along with the original developer's planned features. There is no need for a hardfork since that project will get the best from both projects making it a better unified project than 1 chain going in two directions.

Our project, Doubloon will be pivoting away from ring signature based privacy towards a new zk system developed by our team. Doubloon [XDB] will be faily launched sometime in Q1 2018 as a new coin.

This is the PRE-ANN to inform everyone of the project. If you want to stay in the loop, join the rest of the community on one of the communication channels below.

All communication channels are bridged to each other, so it doesn't matter if you prefer to use Discord, IRC, Telegram or Riot everyone will see your messages.

Also join our Reddit and follow our Twitter account for any future project related announcements.

We have exciting news planned for after the holidays so stay tuned!

Merry Christmas all, I hope everyone has a wonderful time with their friends and family!
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:34:01 PM

@b4h4mu7  thank you for the good news. Good luck with the new coin.  Smiley
I'll will be keeping an eye on it..will see what my old cards will do if applicable.
angeloal

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:01:26 PM

Greetings everyone,

BBR Thread:

Thanks all!

Glad to ear this.
A new coin, new project, new blockchain, starting with low diff.
Great choice guys. Waiting to mine and spread to the world about this amazing project.

Cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: