Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:52:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CANCELED  (Read 2875 times)
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:13:21 PM

Like most people in crypto I have been burned by many scam coins ( heres looking at you VK, DVD Etc for some recent ones) . But I dont think this is the answer. i think a better answer is that we focus on really good coins with strong communities and real ideas with  working coins. Instead of making a scam coin, why not put your efforts into being a part of really great digital currency that can shape the future? Its funny but it will not effect the general public which is one of the main goals of creating awesome digital currency. I love the idea, but maybe you could make an actually awesome digital currency that will attract newbies and reward them with growth and prosperity?

The purpose of this site is really to help people avoid scam coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ther3dh4t

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

⚡ DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:13:41 PM

Token name is kinda intriguing, it makes the investor if he would go invest in the token or not. Smiley
Is there an airdrop?

jemura (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:57:06 PM

Token name is kinda intriguing, it makes the investor if he would go invest in the token or not. Smiley
Is there an airdrop?
Sorry, we do not have airdrops.

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:15:14 PM

I'm not sure how to deal with the moderation issue in a decentralized way. Any voting mechanism seems like it could be manipulated.
You got a point. There is only one way to make moderation decentralized. To appoint at least 3 moderators via bitcointalk poll voting. I do not think that it will be easy to manipulate with moderation, when another two persons are watching you. And there must be a possibility of removing a project from the database of anti scam website by presenting reasonable proofs to moderators. Anyway , we have to discuss this issue many times before coming to a final conclusion.

But how can you avoid votes for the moderators being manipulated?

Maybe it has to be done on a rolling basis, so one moderator is voted on every 6 months?

That would also help maintain some continuity if only one can be changed at a time.
You mean multiply accounts voting problem via bitcointalk poll ? Actually I do not see the reason to do that, as far moderators will not receive money for their work. Or will they? OP please reply to this question. Thanks.
P.S. It will be much more better to choose mods every 2 month. (Just my opinion)

I don't think moderators will be paid for their work, but scammers will try to vote themselves in to have control over the site's content.

There definitely has to be moderators, otherwise the scammers would overrun the site with positive comments supporting their project.

Someone made a comment early on that having a couple of permanent moderators is still a form of centralization, so moderators should be replaced on a regular basis. New moderators would be voted in by the community.

My point was if moderators are voted in, it's too easy for scammers to manipulate that process as well by voting in someone who will take down any negative info.

So, my idea was that moderators are voted in on a rolling basis. Every six months (or year) there's a vote to replace a moderator. So if there's 3 moderators, even if a scammer tries to manipulate the process, they would only be able to get in 1 out of 3 moderators at a time. Things could probably still be manipulated over a long period, but at least it becomes more difficult.
Voting for mods on a rolling basis is a good idea. Mods will not be paid and candidates for pols will be chosen from reputable bitcointalk members, so there will be no possibility for scammers to manipulate with voting. The problem is that now days nobody wants to work for free. That's why, if our ICO will raise enough funds, we might be able to pay mods for the first year, or something like this. We are waiting now detailed offers from several developers and we will publish them here, so community can choose the best offer.

panorama

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:48:03 PM

First of all I like, that this thread is not spammed, like other 90% of bitcointalk threads, by airdrops and bounty hunters. Healthy discussion is a good sign for any project. Another good thing is that, anti scam website is really needed thing for crypto community, because now days the market is overloaded with fake and scammy ICO's that are designed only for stealing peoples money and enriching their creators. There are also many scam exchanges out there, that are blocking accounts without any explanations and stealing peoples hard earned money. If scam coin project will deliver a good decentralized website with a good scam projects database, it will be a excellent tool for any potential investors. As I mentioned  before, I'm in this project. Good luck and cheers. 

Yeah. I'm pleased with how the conversation is progressing. Hopefully, people will contribute to the project as well.

panorama

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:49:28 PM

I'm not sure how to deal with the moderation issue in a decentralized way. Any voting mechanism seems like it could be manipulated.
You got a point. There is only one way to make moderation decentralized. To appoint at least 3 moderators via bitcointalk poll voting. I do not think that it will be easy to manipulate with moderation, when another two persons are watching you. And there must be a possibility of removing a project from the database of anti scam website by presenting reasonable proofs to moderators. Anyway , we have to discuss this issue many times before coming to a final conclusion.

Maybe it has to be done on a rolling basis, so one moderator is voted on every 6 months?

That would also help maintain some continuity if only one can be changed at a time.
You mean multiply accounts voting problem via bitcointalk poll ? Actually I do not see the reason to do that, as far moderators will not receive money for their work. Or will they? OP please reply to this question. Thanks.
P.S. It will be much more better to choose mods every 2 month. (Just my opinion)

I don't think moderators will be paid for their work, but scammers will try to vote themselves in to have control over the site's content.

There definitely has to be moderators, otherwise the scammers would overrun the site with positive comments supporting their project.

Someone made a comment early on that having a couple of permanent moderators is still a form of centralization, so moderators should be replaced on a regular basis. New moderators would be voted in by the community.

My point was if moderators are voted in, it's too easy for scammers to manipulate that process as well by voting in someone who will take down any negative info.

So, my idea was that moderators are voted in on a rolling basis. Every six months (or year) there's a vote to replace a moderator. So if there's 3 moderators, even if a scammer tries to manipulate the process, they would only be able to get in 1 out of 3 moderators at a time. Things could probably still be manipulated over a long period, but at least it becomes more difficult.
Voting for mods on a rolling basis is a good idea. Mods will not be paid and candidates for pols will be chosen from reputable bitcointalk members, so there will be no possibility for scammers to manipulate with voting. The problem is that now days nobody wants to work for free. That's why, if our ICO will raise enough funds, we might be able to pay mods for the first year, or something like this. We are waiting now detailed offers from several developers and we will publish them here, so community can choose the best offer.

Thanks for the update. Do you expect offers from the developers to be ready by next week?

panorama

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:33:18 PM

ICO's became a holy grail for scammers. It's not that hard to pay for a good website (Apr. $ 1000) for a whitepaper (Apr. $800-1500) and hire some team members via linlkedin by promising them their cut from raised money. Plus a good ANN for bitcointalk for $200-300 and a bounty campaign manager for $50 a week (2 month =$400) So, we have now a perfect scam for only $ 3500 ... and be sure that a lot of greedy noobs and idiots will fall for it. Nice huh ? )) That's why the anti scam website offered by this project is really a good thing for crypto investors and especially for noobs. Waiting for updates.

Do you have any thoughts on these best way to identify a scam?

panorama

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:36:17 PM

I think it's also important to figure out how to market the ICO if there's no bounty campaign.

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:37:50 PM

Thanks for the update. Do you expect offers from the developers to be ready by next week?
Yes, are waiting for offers next week. We will publish them here, so community can choose, which one is better. Also we are in negotiations with some companies regarding partnership and as soon we will have their answers we will make the announcement. More updates are coming next week. Thank you for you support guys.   

FleurTunisienne

Activity: 265
Merit: 14

Nina

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:39:10 PM

NO BOUNTIES, NO AIRDROPS, NO TRANSLATIONS NEEDED. THANK YOU.
Good day manager,
so if the project is well established how could investors find you. Especially those who are not familiarized with english language? This is the first time see such a confident start-up aiming to solve hack problems only for english users. i can admit that your compititor hacken (ico finished few days ago) has more potentials addressing to the whole community. You should at least translate your channels that assuring a growth community. I will follow this project.

Call me "SAW"
jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:48:23 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 02:11:10 PM by jemura

I think it's also important to figure out how to market the ICO if there's no bounty campaign.
Bounty campaigns are not very effective and are bringing not more than 10% of traffic to ICO's website. The biggest danger of bounty campaign are the huge dumps from  campaigns participants after listing on exchanges, that are forcing the token price to collapse. (Please read our ANN more carefully) As you can understand, this dumps are affecting investors more, than ICO's creators. That's why, we avoided bounty campaigns. A lot of people will think, that we are doing everything in a wrong way, but sometimes it is better to ignore standard rules.

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:56:46 PM

Good day manager,
so if the project is well established how could investors find you. Especially those who are not familiarized with english language? This is the first time see such a confident start-up aiming to solve hack problems only for english users. i can admit that your compititor hacken (ico finished few days ago) has more potentials addressing to the whole community. You should at least translate your channels that assuring a growth community. I will follow this project.
Thanks for your question. I will try to explain you why we avoided even translation bounties. If you check big ICO's announcements, you can clearly see, that only English and Russian threads have a big numbers of views. All another threads in different languages have a very small amount of views and there not so many posts out there. Maybe it was our mistake to avoid Russian thread, but the problem is that Russian investors are focusing mainly on big projects and I doubt that they would invest in such a small project like ours.

panorama

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:58:31 PM

Bounty campaigns are not very effective and are bringing not more than 10% of traffic to ICO's website. The biggest danger of bounty campaign are the huge dumps from  campaigns participants after listing on exchanges, that are forcing the token price to collapse. (Please read our ANN more carefully) As you can understand, this dumps are affecting investors more, than ICO's creators. That's why, we avoided bounty campaigns. A lot of people will think, that we are doing everything in a wrong way, but sometimes it is better to ignore standard rules.

I understand why you don't want to use bounties, but do you have another way to market the ICO so it gets noticed?

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:11:14 AM

There is another problem that all ICO's are facing now. CryptoKitties, a game where you virtually buy a kitten to raise it and trade it for coins. It is a game where you actually raise your money. It clogs the system, making the ETH processes much slower than usual. Usually 4 GWEI is needed for the normal process and now the required GWEI is over 40, just for the normal speed. Also the ether delta is affected, The withdraw and deposit function most of the time results to error. Ethereum processes are slow this current time because of that game. Specially for those who are token holders and person who wants to sell their tokens. Some ICO's are even postponed because of this. Just wait and if the situation will not get better then use NEM or Waves for your ICO. This way you will attract more investors for sure.
Switching to NEM or Waves for our ICO is a very bad idea, because mentioned platforms are not popular among investors. If you ask me, it is much more easy to use waves rather than Ehtereum for an ICO, because you don't need any coding skills, but not a lot of people are using waves due to it's unpopularity. Re NEM, I never saw before an ICO  using NEM platform because NEM is still under development. I really hope that Ethereum network problems will be solved in coming days and the gas price will decrease, because otherwise we can consider Ethereum as a potentially dead platform. If a singe blockchain game CryptoKitties can take up to 20% of transaction volume of whole network and slow it down, just imagine what will happen after similar games will be launched? If the situation will not stabilize, all of us will switch to NEM, NXT Bitshares or Waves. We are in negotiations with ripoffreport.com and pissedconsumer.com about partnership, also we are waiting for offers from developers. A lot of news are coming this week. Stay tuned.  

pakupayung

Activity: 437
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:15:21 PM

this is a challenging project, without campaign meaningless without promotion, surely not many peoples will know about this project if without dissemination, is this a closed project category?
FleurTunisienne

Activity: 265
Merit: 14

Nina

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

Good day manager,
Thanks for your question. I will try to explain you why we avoided even translation bounties. If you check big ICO's announcements, you can clearly see, that only English and Russian threads have a big numbers of views. All another threads in different languages have a very small amount of views and there not so many posts out there. Maybe it was our mistake to avoid Russian thread, but the problem is that Russian investors are focusing mainly on big projects and I doubt that they would invest in such a small project like ours.
Thanks for your response Sir.
But,
you mention many things in your response that i can't understand very well;
- so you admit that your project is a small one or not that much big when investors should be convainced that your project is a successful one with a lot of potentials.
- translated channels are not only for the ICO but this is for a long term vision when the coin reaches big exchanges and the project have to face competitors.
- am not russian neither english native speaker but i do always read threads about new projects aiming to invest in the best one.
- bounties are not only for ICO promotion but this can assure a growth community with many token holders.

I wish your strategy reaches the planned goals and i will always keep an eye to this thread.
Good luck.

Call me "SAW"
panorama

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:04:15 PM

There is another problem that all ICO's are facing now. CryptoKitties, a game where you virtually buy a kitten to raise it and trade it for coins. It is a game where you actually raise your money. It clogs the system, making the ETH processes much slower than usual. Usually 4 GWEI is needed for the normal process and now the required GWEI is over 40, just for the normal speed. Also the ether delta is affected, The withdraw and deposit function most of the time results to error. Ethereum processes are slow this current time because of that game. Specially for those who are token holders and person who wants to sell their tokens. Some ICO's are even postponed because of this. Just wait and if the situation will not get better then use NEM or Waves for your ICO. This way you will attract more investors for sure.
Switching to NEM or Waves for our ICO is a very bad idea, because mentioned platforms are not popular among investors. If you ask me, it is much more easy to use waves rather than Ehtereum for an ICO, because you don't need any coding skills, but not a lot of people are using waves due to it's unpopularity. Re NEM, I never saw before an ICO  using NEM platform because NEM is still under development. I really hope that Ethereum network problems will be solved in coming days and the gas price will decrease, because otherwise we can consider Ethereum as a potentially dead platform. If a singe blockchain game CryptoKitties can take up to 20% of transaction volume of whole network and slow it down, just imagine what will happen after similar games will be launched? If the situation will not stabilize, all of us will switch to NEM, NXT Bitshares or Waves. We are in negotiations with ripoffreport.com and pissedconsumer.com about partnership, also we are waiting for offers from developers. A lot of news are coming this week. Stay tuned.  

What kind of partnership are you trying to set up with ripoff report and pissedconsumer?

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:13:07 PM

What kind of partnership are you trying to set up with ripoff report and pissedconsumer?
We are planing some kind of a database exchange with ripoff report and pissedconsumer, but it's still not clear how we will do it. As I mentioned in my previous post, there are a lot of news coming this week. Stay tuned.

jemura (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:32:15 PM

Good day manager,
Thanks for your response Sir.
But,
you mention many things in your response that i can't understand very well;
- so you admit that your project is a small one or not that much big when investors should be convainced that your project is a successful one with a lot of potentials.
- translated channels are not only for the ICO but this is for a long term vision when the coin reaches big exchanges and the project have to face competitors.
- am not russian neither english native speaker but i do always read threads about new projects aiming to invest in the best one.
- bounties are not only for ICO promotion but this can assure a growth community with many token holders.

I wish your strategy reaches the planned goals and i will always keep an eye to this thread.
Good luck.
Thank you for your suggestions. We really appreciate your support of our project. Actually, we are not planing to list our token on big exchanges. We have already the confirmation from Etherdelta and IDEX and scam coin will be listed immediately after ICO is finished. There is no need for another big exchanges, because there are only 380 000 tokens and Etherdelta and IDEX are more than enough for that volume. Now days it is really hard to build a good community for any crypto project via bounty campaigns, because you have to offer fake "airdrops" that are nothing else, but a scammy and illegal way to bump the project thread and lure investors into fraudulent projects, that are designed only for stealing peoples money. We received dozens of emails asking why we do not run bounty campaigns. We already explained that bounty campaigns are affecting the price of a token very hard, after listing on exchanges, due to huge volume dumps from campaign participants. But may be, just for introducing our project to more people, we will run a very small twitter bounty campaign that will not affect the price of our token. Thank you and stay tuned.  

panorama

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:20:28 AM

We are planing some kind of a database exchange with ripoff report and pissedconsumer, but it's still not clear how we will do it. As I mentioned in my previous post, there are a lot of news coming this week. Stay tuned.

That would be great. I hope you're able to work something out.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: