Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:11:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Batch #3 & More  (Read 5868 times)
cmdbill (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:51:57 PM

Interesting enough there is a refund form on google docs for this. they will be honoring refunds. I did not however receive a refund URL or anything of the like from Bitpay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cmdbill (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:53:18 PM

Interesting enough there is a refund form on google docs for this. they will be honoring refunds. I did not however receive a refund URL or anything of the like from Bitpay.
Avalon ASIC July Update, Trade-In, Batch #3, Chips and more
What's an update without some photos?

Batch three Refund
Understandably, batch three has been overdue for a few weeks, whilst shipping is due to start Monday, and finish within 2 weeks. Those who do not wish to wait can fill out the form for a refund, please note the deadline for these refunds is before the 14th, once we start shipping we will not be honoring any refunds that gets posted.

Finally caught up
Scaling up production has been problematic for us in the past, but today? No more. The speed which we finished shipping batch #2 which took about 3 weeks (aside from custom issues with Serbia and Germany), batch #3 will be no different, and will be even faster. We modified the module upgrade design so it'll fit both generation 1 and generation 2 case setups, the chips are being moved to shanghai so they may begin to deliver by mid-july, trade-in list has been acquired and cleaned up. ( I hope everyone already have an account on the store. ) The Avalon team are very excited to get these things over with so we may get back to engineering.

Trade-in emails are going out at the same time as this newsletter.
The chips is scheduled to start delivering mid-july in order which they were purchased.
Batch three starts shipping mid-july, expected to finish within 2 weeks as there is no order issues unlike batch #2
Part of batch #3 will have different design as we continue to improve our unit.
Once batch three starts shipping and no problem arises, we will begin taking orders for upgrade modules.
upgrade modules will be in-stock as there is no pre-order, delivery time frame 3-5 days.
Next generation chip is in the works, 55nm will not be very different physically for backward compatibility.
We will make announcement at least 2 month prior of 55nm release so those who purchase our generation one chip will not be in the dark.
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:03:15 PM

You are very fast

cmdbill (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:04:25 PM

I am currently speaking to Bitpay to see what can be done about this.
yeemartin

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:08:29 PM

finally, there is some updates.
yeemartin

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:11:30 PM

Given the hashing power increase rate. if we cannot get batch#3 before Sept. there will be no ROI.
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:14:06 PM

I have a ticket open for a refund. Reconsidering now that we have a solid shipping date, though. Probably won't be receiving a refund anyway since I didn't keep my BitPay invoice URL. I figured the receipt I got from Avalon would contain whatever information I needed to do business with them in the future. Silly me. :-/
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:19:24 PM

I have a ticket open for a refund. Reconsidering now that we have a solid shipping date, though. Probably won't be receiving a refund anyway since I didn't keep my BitPay invoice URL. I figured the receipt I got from Avalon would contain whatever information I needed to do business with them in the future. Silly me. :-/

I think as long as you can get the blockchain transaction url you should be fine.

They say a few weeks late.  Its several weeks late   10-13+ weeks late is gonna be my estimate.
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:25:57 PM

Given the hashing power increase rate. if we cannot get batch#3 before Sept. there will be no ROI.

Why would you get it in Sept?

He said they're going to start shipping Monday and expect to be done within 2 weeks. Given their history, that may stretch to a month. Even if it does, that only brings us into early August.

Also note that they said some B3s will be compatible with future 55nm modules. Gives me more hope for ongoing ROI.

I never doubted Avalon. They are not BFL. You can't expect constant communication with a Chinese vendor of money generating machines. There have been issues, but I prefer to sit back and laugh at all the tools wasting their time by complaining on this board on a daily basis.

That said, this is very exciting news.
ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:26:16 PM

Yeah, that's the other problem. I don't have the transaction ID because I'm pretty sure I paid directly from an exchange.  Tongue

But again, I'm having second thoughts regarding the refund now. Strange how comforting a solid shipping date can be. I'm just hoping this date, being as late as it is, is solid.
cmdbill (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:28:07 PM

Bitpay seems to be unaware of how to find a invoice URL. I am waiting on a response. If you did not recieve an invoice URL there may be a possibility that the coins went somewhere else?! Bitpay is stating they never received my BTC and they do not own the address.
cmdbill (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:32:02 PM

http://blockchain.info/fb/1brmsy does anyone have any information on this address which has 44k btc?
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:34:32 PM

Bitpay seems to be unaware of how to find a invoice URL. I am waiting on a response. If you did not recieve an invoice URL there may be a possibility that the coins went somewhere else?! Bitpay is stating they never received my BTC and they do not own the address.

are you trying to refund a batch #2 order?

cmdbill (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:38:41 PM

batch #3 order
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:39:59 PM

batch #3 order

odd, all batch #3 order was done through bitpay,

can you fill the form out with the bitcoin transaction ID from blockchain instead?

cmdbill (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:40:28 PM

if you will accept that i can submit it with that
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:41:03 PM

are you trying to refund a batch #2 order?
please seriously consider refunding a portion of the cost since it was based on ROI and is totally messed up now

ok
cmdbill (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:41:52 PM

batch #3 order

can you fill the form out with the bitcoin transaction ID from blockchain instead?

It is submitted.
cmdbill (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:47:10 PM

batch #3 order

Bitpay did get in contact with me and was able to supply the Invoice URL.
mdbssm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:50:25 PM

Yifu,

Have you considered offering batch 3 customers a discount on the expansion modules, or perhaps a discount on future 55nm expansion modules, as a token of goodwill given the shipping delays?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: