Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 01:59:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mmcFE v2.1.23-stable - A Clean & Simple Pushpool frontend (PHP/BASH/JS/MYSQL)  (Read 24956 times)
AnnihilaT (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:16:47 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2011, 11:23:26 AM by AnnihilaT

Announcing a new pushpool mining frontend package called - mmcFE

This is the same software that the Mainframe Mining Cooperative (https://mining.mainframe.nl) uses.

A Live example of this software running can be found here:
https://mining.mainframe.nl/
(while you are there throw us some hashes!  Its for a good cause!) Smiley

svn is at:

http://mmcfe.mfis.net/

The idea is to keep a frontend very simple to install, easy to use, secure, and easy to customize.   More stats for the analytically minded are planned - as well as eventual integration with some of the bigger exchanges.   Other than that anything could be possible but i decided that the direction the original code base was heading was not where i wanted to go with something i would run live on my own servers.

Props and respect to simplecoin, ozcoin, & xenland from whom this code was originally forked.  

Cheers,
AnnihilaT
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naven

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

You probably should move to github for get more contributors/commiters.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:30:24 PM

You probably should move to github for get more contributors/commiters.

Nobody uses subversion anymore? Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:48:55 AM

New improvements, updates, and bugfixes committed.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 09:33:27 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2011, 09:52:49 PM by AnnihilaT

Just tagged version 1.0.21.  See notes below:  

Download HERE:

- make sure some stats are still sane even when we havent yet found our first block
- make the pool_update.sh script a littler saner and nicer.  gives some output when run
  manually from the cmd line now.
- disable (and later make optional) spamming the db with users hashrate info.  This is only useful if you
  want to build a chart which mmcFE does not endeavor to do.
- update README for cronjobs
- small updates to stats
- allow users to register without an email address (but warn them of the consequences).  We are privacy
  sensitive and bitcoins are anonymous - we dont need your email unless you want to give it to us
  (for when you might forget your password.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 10:12:15 PM

Installed this fork and I must say it is one of the cleanest, and best working front end that I have tried or used! Most excellent work Anni!

I am currently working on tweaking the stas but I really like the way the cronjobs are handled. Not only does it seem to make things secure, but it also is easier to manage IMHO.

If your looking for a clean, simple and fast front end then the mmcFE fork is for you my friend!

Happy pooling!

Glad you like!   Those stats still need my attention.   Thats one of the things i will be getting to next.  That code was brought in by Mike from Simplecoin and he got it from the ozcoin fork and IMHO the code is a mess.   Thats why ive been putting it off Smiley  (when i say its a mess i mean no disrespect - im referring mostly to formatting and readability)
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 12:21:47 AM

yuh just the webserver files need replaced.  no changes to the database have been made since revision 18
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:32:20 AM

Awesome! Thanks!

I noticed that my remote clients that connect outside my local network seem to be updating perfectly in the stats page. But my local connected client seems to report as being not active and shows 0 for Mhash/sec rates. Any reson why this might be happening? I have made sure all my rpc settings match. Do I need a local bitcoin.conf file for the mining client pc? I dont really need this local client to report as I just set it up for testing ports and connections. Just curious at this point.

Peace!

sounds like a client config issue or something with pushpoold/bitcoind.... yer on yer own for this one.  If some are working and others arent its not an issue with the front end.  try checking yer pushpool logs,  enable and running in debug mode,  or explaining in more detail what you are talking about.   which client, how is it connected etc.  more detail is better!
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:30:04 AM

Version 1.0.28 tagged.

Summary of changes:

- if a block has not been found dont display a time since last block.
- added special user code (see README)
- bugfix: mismatching max length on input fields
- updated a debug script
- bugfix: scoring
- misc bug fixes and a new spcial_user feature
- add early adopter code for $x number of users (configureable or removeable at install)
- default stats to top 15 instead of top 20
- update some debugging scripts
- small style updates
- user search feature (alpha)
- enable properly working proportional payout method again.
- tweaked proportional calculations
- style updates (new style stats and admin panel)
- round estimate to 6 dec (cleaner)

m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 12:18:34 PM

- Too many places with the hardcoded $includeDirectory. Should be in a config file or setup through the admin section.

- Forcing Apache and its rewrite might still be valid, although we're not in 1998 anymore, but making it more generic (lighttpd, nginx) would be adequate.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:21:02 PM

- Too many places with the hardcoded $includeDirectory. Should be in a config file or setup through the admin section.

- Forcing Apache and its rewrite might still be valid, although we're not in 1998 anymore, but making it more generic (lighttpd, nginx) would be adequate.

totally agree.... its on the list! Smiley that special user var should be the same way.  configurable from admin panel would make the most sense.   Trying to get some useful user management for the admin in there first and also tweaking the design a bit as well.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:53:40 PM

I just downloaded the new release .28 R30 and I even built and imported new .sql file as well. My stats shows I have like 12,087 workers connected and I have none in reality? Not sure what is happening.

Peace!

Oh shit your DB got overwritten with default data then.   You should only update your db if specified.  That DB schema included is only meant for a fresh install (hence the name 'install.sql')

Hope nothing else was messed up.  Try running the cronjobs once and hopefully that fixes it.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:15:53 PM

Forgot to ask also, about how long do you suggest to run the pool_update.sh script? Should we set the crontab to run it every 60 seconds? I am wondering about the sleep commands you used for the different update php files and how this relates to how I should setup the crontab to run the .sh master script?

I am assuming this "timing" would be based on the size of the DB and how they start to take to run or should I say complete.

Thanks as always for your help and time Anni!

Peace!

Im still running every 60 seconds.   This should be fine until you are very large or unless your server is very slow.   Just watch the overall time it takes for the master script to run and then make sure your load is ok if you run it in windows of time smaller than the time it takes for the script to complete.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 07:14:12 PM

I have a interesting new problem..hehe...seems the stats will show correctly one moment, then when I come back later it will show 0 except for the bitcoin to usd ...that part seems always accurate....any idea what might be causing the mining workers and MHash/sec stats to work one minute and then show 0 the next???

Peace!

Are already counted shares also not correct when this happens?  Are you mining with a really slow card?  If a share isnt submitted within 10 mins the worker will be considered dead by the stats calcualations.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 02:53:59 PM

As usual your correct Anni...Smiley The shares always seems to report accurate....it was just the MHash/sec and miners connected that would be off every once in a while....it was the slow test miner I had connected.....

We officially opened our new mining pool site using your software and also support forums for bitcoins that is opened to the public.....

The site and forums is located at www.coolcoin.net

If you want to see this front end code in action plz stop by and check us out!

Thanks again for all your help and the great running front end software Anni!

Peace!

lol!  you really didnt edit much visually did you Smiley   You could at least change the background images you know Smiley  Its templated so you can customize it Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 11:20:00 PM

Quite a few updates to trunk have been made.  If you want bleeding edge newest features check out trunk.   Will get around to tagging the next release very soon. 

When upgrading,  please pay close attention to the differences in the database schema you are using in your current version and the latest schema you have downloaded in newest versions.   There are slight changes being made to the DB structure that will affect functionality if you dont also roll in these structural changes.   

working lost password reset feature is checked into trunk today.
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 04:34:20 PM

Update to latest trunk version asap if you are using this software.   Found and fixed some issues today which grandfathered in from the original codebase which could affect payouts, stats, and proper block handling.
xDragonZ

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 10:31:17 AM

Check this out : http://bitcoin.evozi.com/ ... I will release the source to you if you wnt.. i not going to start any bitcoin pool Sad

A modified mmcFE
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 10:41:16 AM

Very cool!  We should merge your design idea into the official source tree and ill maintain the backend code and you can maintain the design.... what do you think?
xDragonZ

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 11:56:30 AM

Sure...  Grin

but the theme is paid theme.. i not sure we can release it to the public or not... maybe i can sent to you the theme for your own website use ? Smiley

why don't you add recapcha  function like what I does on the sample site ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: