Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:40:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mmcFE v2.1.23-stable - A Clean & Simple Pushpool frontend (PHP/BASH/JS/MYSQL)  (Read 24959 times)
AnnihilaT (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 01:03:15 AM

ahh thats another interesting one i hadnt thought of...

yeah i have all kinds of plans but just not enough time to get it all done Smiley  since the admin panel is for the smallest amount of viewers its sort of the last thing im working on tho.  im very comfortable at the command line so its not the highest priority at the moment... i built in some viewing features and made the tables sortable so you can get a good overview of whats going on in the database and for now thats enough for me but for sure more will come. Smiley

Are you starting a pool? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 02:58:59 AM

yeah i have all kinds of plans but just not enough time to get it all done Smiley  since the admin panel is for the smallest amount of viewers its sort of the last thing im working on tho.  im very comfortable at the command line so its not the highest priority at the moment... i built in some viewing features and made the tables sortable so you can get a good overview of whats going on in the database and for now thats enough for me but for sure more will come. Smiley

I appreciate all your hard work, after a little teething it seems to be up and alive.

As an admin, however, I'd like to see more detailed, "live" views on how "alive" the pool is at the moment.Things I may or may not want to expose to the other users, but things like most shares last (x) minutes per user, reject %'s, luck, etc... I have a little stack of queries I've been playing with, but PHP isn't my strength...  Right now the web interface is pretty "dead" in spite of all the activity going on underneath.

Maybe some of the "bitcoinD" things, like "getinfo" ?

Are you starting a pool? Smiley

Considering it, primarily private use, not trying to take on the big guys.. Smiley
dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 05:32:50 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2011, 07:06:36 AM by dlasher

one more problem found from having pushpoold up and running before mmcFE -- shares table is formatted differently....

Another interesting thing in the "shoot, that's broken" category... If your bitcoinD is NOT running on 8332, you're going to have problems.. Mine is running on 7332, and LOTS of pieces break on the web pages, as you can imagine.. Stats don't exist, the cronjobs all complain because they can't connect to bitcoinD. Even placing "x.x.x.x:7332" in the "rpcHost" field didn't fix it..

my fix?

update requiredFunctions.php to include an "$rpcPort" field:

$rpcType = "http";                              // http or https
$rpcUsername = "bigPHATuser";                             // username as specified in your bitcoin.conf configuration file
$rpcPassword = "bigPHATpass";                             // password
$rpcHost = "127.0.0.1";
$rpcPort = "7332";

then update all the cronjobs and web pages with the PHP bitcoinController call:

$bitcoinController = new BitcoinClient($rpcType, $rpcUsername, $rpcPassword, $rpcHost);

TO :
$bitcoinController = new BitcoinClient($rpcType, $rpcUsername, $rpcPassword, $rpcHost, $rpcPort);

Voila!

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:35:07 AM

I probabaly would have just changed it in the bitcoin.inc.php file then you only had to change it once:

public function __construct($scheme, $username, $password, $address = "localhost", $port = 8332, $certificate_path = '', $debug_level = 0) {

to:

public function __construct($scheme, $username, $password, $address = "localhost", $port = 7332, $certificate_path = '', $debug_level = 0) {

But im lazy like that Smiley

Ill tag this as an improvement for later commit.  Thanks for all the input.
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:40:44 PM

quick question, does this have to be in the root /www directory? or can I put it in sub dir?
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:46:40 PM

if you put it in a sub dir stuff might break but is probably fixable by making sure you change all the paths to your webroot+subdir
moonboon

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:47:48 PM

Oh boy, running the stock template got me blamed for ripping off your site at mainframe..  More template options required! Smiley
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:03:56 PM

ok google probably knows this but can I have two webroots?
moonboon

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 03:04:22 AM

Just a few questions about mmcFE..

I have a pool running that tends to neglect to pay out the odd block, which then causes me to have to do this manually.. there doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it does this..  Not just 1 specific user, time, etc.. Any ideas?  Paying out manually can become very time consuming..  Is there perhaps a way to set a round from paid out to not paid out in the sql database somewhere to have the cron job re-run to actually pay it out the next time through?

In your code you have specified the odd thing that says something like "DO NOT HARD CODE", yet its hardcoded anyways... Such as the block payout amount for BTC as an example..  Could things like that not be made a variable?

That way when a new coin fork comes out, a pool could very quickly implement it by changing a few variables and then they're off to the races without having to scour through many different php files to make those very same changes that the variables could really just deal with?

Thanks for a decent looking front-end though.. Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 08:06:14 AM

if you are missing the random block here and there you either need to upgrade or run your crontabs more often (i run mine every 60 secs).

For the other things you mentino... yuh those are all things on the todo list.   The hardcoded stuff is inherited from simple coin.  ive remarked things here and there as notes of stuff to redo properly later.    As with any software its always a work in progress.
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 04:49:30 PM

Hello
I have setup the mmcFE on http://mine.icoin.ch, cause im running plesk a have a bit a different path structure so i changed all paths to /includes... allso i installed all needed php packages like you suggested in your earlyer posts
I did set the .htaccess file with the rename function and since then the frontend is working

But i have now a problem: i was able to create successfuly a user but when i try to login i just come to the news page and thats it. And the side bar shows me the login page, im allso unable to see the personal or extended stats, i wonder how i can fix this to make the mine work.

Thanks

Icoin

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 05:43:35 PM

I think you have not changed your cookiename or set it at all and that your cookie domain is also wrong.  Read the top section of requiredFunctions.php
Icoin

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 06:06:36 PM

I think you have not changed your cookiename or set it at all and that your cookie domain is also wrong.  Read the top section of requiredFunctions.php

Here my settings in requiredFunctions.php

$cookieName = ".mineicoinch";             //Set this to what ever you want (text string)
$cookiePath = "/";            //Choose your path!
$cookieDomain = "icoin.ch";         //Set this to your domain

AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 06:27:30 PM

Here my settings in requiredFunctions.php

$cookieName = ".mineicoinch";             //Set this to what ever you want (text string)
$cookiePath = "/";            //Choose your path!
$cookieDomain = "icoin.ch";         //Set this to your domain

remove . from cookie name and add dot to front of domain
Icoin

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 06:43:15 PM

Thanks a lot it works great now !!!

Damn dot
 Tongue

Icoin

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 07:45:55 PM

well i realized an other problem this time with cronjobs:

when i run pool_update.sh (i made it executable) by cronjob or manual nothing happens - but when i run the cronjobs in command line like:
php /..../cronjobs/cronjob.php the cronjob works, so now i wonder where the php bin is located on ubuntu 10.4 anyone runnung mmcFE on ubuntu 10.4 aswell ?

moonboon

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:32:34 PM

I've run into that problem before.. Make sure there is a proper carriage return at the end of your crontab line or it won't execute.. dumb I know, but that has solved the issue for me in the past...
moonboon

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:34:50 PM

if you are missing the random block here and there you either need to upgrade or run your crontabs more often (i run mine every 60 secs).

For the other things you mentino... yuh those are all things on the todo list.   The hardcoded stuff is inherited from simple coin.  ive remarked things here and there as notes of stuff to redo properly later.    As with any software its always a work in progress.

Mine also runs every 60 seconds.. I think I may have found the issue though.. my php max_execution_time was set to 30 seconds... the scripts in general may take longer than that if the block was quite long so I have bumped php time to 2 minutes instead.. May fix the glitch, will keep you posted if that indeed solves it..

As for the other things, sounds good.. and look forward to future enhancements. Smiley
AnnihilaT (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:45:19 PM

max_execution_time integer

This sets the maximum time in seconds a script is allowed to run before it is terminated by the parser. This helps prevent poorly written scripts from tying up the server. The default setting is 30. When running PHP from the command line the default setting is 0.

The maximum execution time is not affected by system calls, stream operations etc. Please see the set_time_limit() function for more details.

You can not change this setting with ini_set() when running in safe mode. The only workaround is to turn off safe mode or by changing the time limit in the php.ini.

Your web server can have other timeout configurations that may also interrupt PHP execution. Apache has a Timeout directive and IIS has a CGI timeout function. Both default to 300 seconds. See your web server documentation for specific details.

This shouldnt matter unless you are running from the webserver and not the command line.
moonboon

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 10:51:18 PM

max_execution_time integer

This sets the maximum time in seconds a script is allowed to run before it is terminated by the parser. This helps prevent poorly written scripts from tying up the server. The default setting is 30. When running PHP from the command line the default setting is 0.

The maximum execution time is not affected by system calls, stream operations etc. Please see the set_time_limit() function for more details.

You can not change this setting with ini_set() when running in safe mode. The only workaround is to turn off safe mode or by changing the time limit in the php.ini.

Your web server can have other timeout configurations that may also interrupt PHP execution. Apache has a Timeout directive and IIS has a CGI timeout function. Both default to 300 seconds. See your web server documentation for specific details.

This shouldnt matter unless you are running from the webserver and not the command line.

Noted. 
Good point, I have no flippin' idea then.. lol
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: