Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:43:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chill guys!  (Read 18507 times)
mizike29

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 03:03:37 PM

I am seeing the business side of bitcoin expand.  If this continues then bitcoins will become more valuable, the concept is solid, the design is solid, how we implement it is now up to us.  If we can get it to buy our food at mcdonalds were there.  You can get cash, some stores are accepting it, you can get a hotel with it, buy a gun with it, goods, services, bid on things, use like craigslist, sell it on ebay, these are all positive steps, if we keep progressing this way should be good to go.

Im glad it was more difficult then pushing a button or everyone would be mining bitcoins.  It is a little complex but nothing that is not teachable to the average joe that can keep a bank account straight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTC Economist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:13:29 PM

You are correct.  People heard about BTC and said, "eh, no thanks."  Now, we are facing a market with no new money flowing in.  As miners slowly realize this, they will stop mining and liquidate their BTCs.  We are set to see a supply overrun and with supply >>> demand.....BOOM!

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:16:28 PM

You are incorrect. People heard about BTC and said, "much thanks!" Now, we are facing a market with money flowing in. As miners slowly realize this, they will continue mining and liquidate their FRNs. We are set to see a demand overrun and with demand >>> supply.....BOOM!

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
terroh8er

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:53:33 PM

Changing demographics is what will allow Bitcoin to "win the future". Look at the rise of Anonymous, LulzSec, and the Arab Spring. Internet activism has exploded in the past year. It isn't going away and Bitcoin is going to be a big part of it.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:08:11 PM

Where does the link in the OP take you? I don't want to click on it. Please summarize. THX

Be humble!
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:24:45 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2011, 01:35:56 AM by DamienBlack

Since I posted this the price has dropped from $17 to $13.

LOL, nice exaggeration. When you first posted it was bouncing around $14, not it is around $13.6. Way to turn $0.40 into $4.

In fact, when you first posted, it had already dipped to $13.2, so it is up a little.

You do know these posts are timestamped right?

EDIT

The above is me being a tool because I can't read dates. I'm sorry. My bad. I leave it only as a record of my stupidity.
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:34:02 AM

My bad, I missed the date. My sincerest apologies. You did managed to call this decline.
TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:51:00 AM

LOL Lardycake. Even a spinning pissing drunk will hit a urinal once in a while. Guess if you piss long enough... Or is it drink long enough. No matter, what comes out is the same as your posts anyway.

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:53:11 AM

I believed in Bitcoin, I really did, but there is no denying that the world isn't ready for something like this in the current form. It needs to be dumbed the fuck down because the average Joe is thick as shit.

I don't think it has to be dumbed down at all. The 'Average Joe' has no idea how the Dollar, Euro, Franc, or any other type of money works, yet he knows it does and accepts its use. All Bitcoin needs to do is inspire confidence to be successful. The only way to do that is to get it into more widespread use. Dumbing it down is not a prerequisite for its adoption.

Rage

Not only confident, also practical.
"carrying this" here and "exchanged" there for "goods" is the simplest thing ever.
You need a currency that beats that: "click here and good to go".

Right now, in its current form, it is way too complicated to be adopted outside of geekdom.
NO_SLAVE

Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:50:52 AM

congrats for seeing past hopey fantasy lardy.
See you down around 8.25.....

- a fellow "troll" on the sidelines at 17 (own analysis)
Nescio

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:51:21 AM

LOL Lardycake. Even a spinning pissing drunk will hit a urinal once in a while. Guess if you piss long enough... Or is it drink long enough. No matter, what comes out is the same as your posts anyway.

LOL2, the same could be said of you Smiley At least you are consistently bullish.

Honestly, BTC exchange rates are like sitting down to poker with a bunch of newbies, you simply can't know what's going to happen next. The comparison breaks down when you figure this out, since you can always beat newbies by simply playing tight. BTC exchange rates on the other hand are still way overvalued, and still it's anyone's guess where they'll go next until the market matures. If noone moves like now, then they should slowly decline as miners cash out. Remember it's 50% inflation this year, 33% next.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:57:51 AM

That's not how a free market works son.

lol

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 06:07:57 AM

LOL2, the same could be said of you Smiley At least you are consistently bullish.

Honestly, BTC exchange rates are like sitting down to poker with a bunch of newbies, you simply can't know what's going to happen next. The comparison breaks down when you figure this out, since you can always beat newbies by simply playing tight. BTC exchange rates on the other hand are still way overvalued, and still it's anyone's guess where they'll go next until the market matures. If noone moves like now, then they should slowly decline as miners cash out. Remember it's 50% inflation this year, 33% next.

Sorry jackwagon, I already have my strategy in place to deal with a potential speculative mania scenario.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26117.0

You might want to read that - it is quite informative. I'm prepared for both eventualities, massive gains or complete loss.

Are you?

saadtariq30

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 06:19:12 AM

dont care about shortterm...im gonna hold..maybe pay my next tuition in a few months with bitcoins Smiley
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 06:47:25 AM

congrats for seeing past hopey fantasy lardy.
See you down around 8.25.....

- a fellow "troll" on the sidelines at 17 (own analysis)

I'm with S3052, support at $10+ or free fall after that.  You'll get $8.25 either this month or next century.

I predict there's enough rational actors to support $10 (whose reason is based on mining difficulty).  I can only hope the rational actors have enough USD.  If so, today's prices will be a retrospective bargain (see charts in my sig).

If its an irrational or overwhelmingly spooked market, it will sink below $10.  In that case adios..  you can have mine for $8.25.

If it recovers by August, it'll be smooth sailing barring another black swan (e.g. a second "goxing").  

I think bitcoin is rational, and will be out of the woods soon.  Bears beware.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
walidzohair

Activity: 184

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:11:09 AM

This circlejerk is over, I eagerly await the replies to this saying I'm just trolling and spreading FUD.

I believed in Bitcoin, I really did, but there is no denying that the world isn't ready for something like this in the current form. It needs to be dumbed the fuck down because the average Joe is thick as shit.

I know, this sounds like I'm trying to lower the price so I can buy it up, but I really do implore you that if you have any $$$ invested in this, get out now while you still can. Heed my warning...I will be back to bump this thread when I'm proven correct just to spite the oblivious white knights about to reply in 3...2...1...

Click for proof

Over and motherfucking out, bitches.

Bye bye Lardy
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:41:47 PM

I love reading the thread and you see people defending  bitcoin with things like the Internet, and the WWW. These technological wonders offered something of actual  usefulness. Currently, and for a long time in the future, bitcoin will offer nothing useful other than a medium for speculators to gamble on.

Bitcoin is riddled with hackers, it is actually a hacker heaven, being that they can steal your bitcoins and there is nothing you could do. Could you imagine bitcoin in the mainstream household and having hackers around? Now instead of computer viruses stealing internet information, they will be wiping everybodies wallet blind. Nobody will use this currency in its current state. I also do not see them fixing these issues. You think the average person is going to encrypt their computers properly?

I have been watching bitcoin with interest since it hit the $30 dollar mark for sometime. What really keeps my interest in is the people who defend this currency like it is the next best thing since microsoft. Most of these people are completly blind to all the negatives about bitcoin, and at the rediculous price each bitcoin is set at. They try and defend it, they want to control it. I also love the people who try and say they see each bitcoin being worth a whopping 1million dollars each.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:13:31 PM

Yeah! Now I'm waiting for 14th July when everybody starts paying you to give you their bitcoins

Grin

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Justsomeforumuser

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:52:53 PM

IMHO someone saying you should not be (at the very least: not heavily) invested in BTC has more integrity than the "Blind following the blind" / "all fiat is ponzi and doomed zomg" people who keep showing just how much understanding of macro / economics they have in various threads of their own special kind of troll-dom.

Ho-Hum.
mizike29

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:58:41 PM

Its not just crazy people defending bitcoin or no real information in the posts.  Bitcoin has many advantages, not just special disadvantages.  Just look at one simple aspect of using bitcoin to purchase and sell items instead of using ebay and paypal.  I can make an additional 1000 bux a month if I sold all my items using bitcoin, and a couple 100 buying my items just by not having to pay the paypal fees, and the fees on my bank card.  That alone is a great way for small companies to save some money, interest new buyers, to accept bitcoins as payment, and the process to send and recieve bitcoins is very very fast, not a day later, not 4 days later like writing a check and then your account bounces because you forgot.  NO YOU HAVE 20 BITCOINS, YOU SEND 20 BITCOINS, for free, and you cant overdraft.  That is big PLUS I see for bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: