Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:38:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SBTC]Super Bitcoin:Bitcoin Fork|Smart Contracts|8MB Blocks|Privacy|Scalabi  (Read 37274 times)
lorylore (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:41:12 AM

Developers of this fork advise to keep your Bitcoin on exchanges, don't listen to them. Don't ever and ever do this guys, it's well known you have to keep your Bitcoin on a wallet where you own your private keys, so offline wallets like Electrum or hardware wallet.

If developer of this fork say to keep your BTC on exchanges, well, it's not a good sign, everyone that know just a bit about Bitcoin know that you don't have to do that.
Just an warning, then do whatever you want but this really undermines their credibility, just be careful, then do whatever you feel like to do.

P.S. I said this in a peaceful tone in the Official Telegram group, and they instantly banned me from Telegram deleting my messages, here you can't delete my message  Wink

It is sad to hear that you are being banned from the telegram group. Do take note that there will be a lot of people that is still quite new to crypto and asking them to do the hard fork themselves is actually more difficult and more risky. Having experience the fork, it is also getting quite tedious for me as I need to shift the wallet to a new one with new private key, then need to download wallet and sync for days to claim for the fork.

Even right now, I am using exchanges to skip all the trouble. Use reputable exchanges and dont keep your btc there forever, deposit, secure the fork and take it out. Overall, it is still at your own risk. Even the dev team of the fork not done well, you are still exposed to getting all your fund stolen even if you have it in your own wallet.
avadonne

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

https://vulcanforged.com/

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:59:02 AM

I cannot understand why we have so much Bitcoin version. But from the name itself, looks like it is better than Bitcoin because it is super. Cheesy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Amon Raa

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:38:42 AM

If there are any CryptoWallet or CryptoExchange team members that would like to support SBTC, feel free to drop me a PM  Cheesy
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:57:14 AM

Why are there 2 identical announcement threads here? The other being https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2538309.0. You should really consolidate them into one.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
lorylore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:40:08 AM

Why are there 2 identical announcement threads here? The other being https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2538309.0. You should really consolidate them into one.

Great find that you have over there. I already have worked out with Amon Raa. As you can see, he is right now helping out in this thread. We have agreed to let the other thread die off. Once again, thanks for highlighting that to us.
wendelllee

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

DeepOnion

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:17:07 AM

Hello all, SBTC airdrop is coming. Will Cryptopia support SBTC? It seems that they don't. Is that correct? Thank you for verification.
johnsmithx

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:07:04 PM

Great find that you have over there. I already have worked out with Amon Raa. As you can see, he is right now helping out in this thread. We have agreed to let the other thread die off. Once again, thanks for highlighting that to us.

In that case I would like to again point out an embarrassing typo in the source code:
Code:
const std::string CLIENT_NAME("SpuerBitcoin");

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
lorylore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:43:02 PM

In that case I would like to again point out an embarrassing typo in the source code:
Code:

Code:

Thanks for telling us. I already have highlight this among our internal team which will be feedback to the dev team. Once again thanks a lot for going the extra mile to tell us.
johnsmithx

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:59:32 PM

Thanks for telling us. I already have highlight this among our internal team which will be feedback to the dev team. Once again thanks a lot for going the extra mile to tell us.

No problem. I was reviewing the changes from the original Bitcoin Core so I noticed this. Super Bitcoin is the first and to my knowledge the only Bitcoin fork that is actually a git fork, that makes watching the changes incredibly less difficult. Kudos to the developers for that!

layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 04:09:23 PM

No problem. I was reviewing the changes from the original Bitcoin Core so I noticed this. Super Bitcoin is the first and to my knowledge the only Bitcoin fork that is actually a git fork, that makes watching the changes incredibly less difficult. Kudos to the developers for that!

interesting, so bitcoin cash didn't do that?
ris44d

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:09:53 PM

The declaration needs data like how protection and versatility is going to done and what improves this fork than the first chain and other forked chains.
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 04:10:37 PM

at their website they listed electrum as a partner. so there will be a super electrum wallet i guess?
johnsmithx

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:28:17 PM

interesting, so bitcoin cash didn't do that?

No, neither bitcoin gold or any other upcoming fork I have seen.

If you look at the Super Bitcoin github you will see a small text "forked from bitcoin/bitcoin" and also the Compare button. This allows you to easily find out what exact revision of the original Bitcoin Core code the SBTC developers used as a starting point and what exact changes they have made ever since, to the last letter. So anybody can very easily see all the changes and also it's much easier for the SBTC developers themselves to cherry pick future Bitcoin Core improvements. The whole development of the fork is then much more transparent.

No other fork did that*, all the others just took some (to us unknown) revision of Bitcoin Core, made their (to us unknown) changes and uploaded the whole thing back to github as a new independent project, without any link to the original Bitcoin Core. That means we have no easy way to review their changes, they have no easy way to rebase their code to a newer Bitcoin Core revision, it's all much less transparent and much more obscure. The reason why they didn't properly fork the source code is a mystery to me (well, either stupidity or intention to obfuscate their work, I don't see any other explanation).

(* with the exception of segwit2x code which is also a real fork but that fork never actually happened)

Nesch84

Activity: 169

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:10:09 PM

hey everyone, is there a chance to claim sbtc at the beginning with electrum ? BCD is until now unavailable. this fork/coin looks pretty better as BCD
hotcoin010309

Activity: 123
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:36:34 PM

Do I have to leave my btc on electrum wallet ?
johnsmithx

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:27:45 AM

4 hours till the fork, maybe less. And they fixed the client name.

FNetV1

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:49:33 AM

Do I have to sync all the blocks from original Bitcoin blockchain (80GB+++) before I can mine with Super Bitcoin's qt wallet? 

~~Ad Space Available!  PM: FNetV1 with your offers~~
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:03:26 AM

Is there functional mainnet already?
johnsmithx

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:23:52 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 12:04:31 PM by johnsmithx

Is there functional mainnet already?

Of course, fork already happened, new blocks are being mined (498935 vs original bitcoin 498892), everything is hopefully fine (although last block was more than half an hour ago).

EDIT: all good, 498958 a minute ago.

Do I have to sync all the blocks from original Bitcoin blockchain (80GB+++) before I can mine with Super Bitcoin's qt wallet?  

Bitcoin blockchain is  155 GB currently.

ronin07

Activity: 742
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:05:13 PM

There is an instruction how to get Super Bitcoin
wallet electrum?

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: