Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 08:06:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all coin devs!  (Read 889 times)
JohnCar (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:11:20 AM

Looking around the forum boards and chats the last few days i see this pattern of "our coin is better then your coin"
coming from all different coin community's. So instead of having people that invested into your coin speak for your
coin i challenge all coins dev's to a live chat with questions from the community.

Since each member of there respected community is putting time,money and effort in supporting there coin. Should
they not hear right from the horses mouth what makes there coin the best investment?

So each community reach out to your coins devs, have them do this live chat breaking down to the whole crypto
community why anyone should invest into there coin.

John

TIT coming soon..............
maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:20:02 AM

To add to this idea, I'd like to see some sort of "feature list" that each coin offers, almost like a comparison full of green check marks and red X's, published in the forum, or on a wiki page somewhere. Worst thing to happen, is having a bunch of alt coins offering the same features, claiming to be better than one another. that's completely petty.

I want to see innovation laid out in a chart.

Anyone with me?

JohnCar (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:23:11 AM

To add to this idea, I'd like to see some sort of "feature list" that each coin offers, almost like a comparison full of green check marks and red X's, published in the forum, or on a wiki page somewhere. Worst thing to happen, is having a bunch of alt coins offering the same features, claiming to be better than one another. that's completely petty.

Anyone with me?

Good points and i agree with you 100%

TIT coming soon..............
krusin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:38:37 AM

Anyone with me?

Yes, and about time too.
drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:40:21 AM

Anyone with me?

i agree with this a lot!!!  Too much back and forth crap.. specs should be obvious.. but at the same time there are some specs that are up in the air where people's opinion's come in to play as to the validity of a coin or whether or not it's "better" then x because of X spec that it has..    

me- Personally I think fast coin is awesome!  lol   lot of people are instantly like.. well copy\paste\scam\premine\ blah blah  blah.. like... i don't care..   my opinion shouldn't matter or make the coin better or worse though
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 04:56:42 AM

How's this one for innovation :

I will get people to buy Nibble , and the price  will rise.

{ revolutionary?}

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:46:19 AM

How's this one for innovation :

I will get people to buy Nibble , and the price  will rise.

{ revolutionary?}

In the world of coins that all need a good niche.. well..   Nibble should be something you can mine in order to buy stuff for your pets!   And no that is not suppose to be negative/sarcastic at all!  Smiley  lol

I say this cause when I see the Logo of the coin I think of my kitty trying to attack it!
mckmuze

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:07:41 AM

My coin really is better go check it out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254749.0

LOL
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 06:13:01 AM

Cool logo, John  Grin
Cheetahx

Activity: 420

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 06:18:44 AM

Looking around the forum boards and chats the last few days i see this pattern of "our coin is better then your coin"
coming from all different coin community's. So instead of having people that invested into your coin speak for your
coin i challenge all coins dev's to a live chat with questions from the community.

Since each member of there respected community is putting time,money and effort in supporting there coin. Should
they not hear right from the horses mouth what makes there coin the best investment?

So each community reach out to your coins devs, have them do this live chat breaking down to the whole crypto
community why anyone should invest into there coin.

John

Thanks for the post JohnCar,

I like your idea, I will reach out to our dev's and see what they say.  I think it is important to note that all Alt Coin's need to support one another, particularly BitCoin.  BitCoin at the moment floats all Alt Coin's boats, each Alt Coin may have its place in the Cyrpo Currency market just as multiple Fiat based currencies do today.  The free market will determine the value of each but it is innovation and refinement throughout this process that brings out the best in all of these ideas.

/C

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 06:21:54 AM

But it would be good John, a positive sound, showing the strength of your coin.

I see a lot of "coin X is a turd" and other coin bashing on chat and forum.
And the strange thing is, we need each other to let this alt-coin community grow and attract people from outside the community.

Compare it to a shopping mall with the shop owners yelling at each other at the front door. Does that attract customers?

That's what people see when they enter this board, Cryptsy chat or (even worse) BTC-E trollbox...

Getting more people to the altcoin community, that's exactly what UNOCS is working on Smiley
John Eden

Activity: 98

Have you mined Bottlecaps today?

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:01:09 PM

I would love to see more Dev cooperation in fact We just talked about a similar topic involving a marketplace.

As the bottlecaps foundation is looking into a marketplace which we would prefer a market that takes numerous coins as I think one that takes many alts is more applicable. Maybe this site uses cryptsy and a site that does USD to Bitoin to calculate the value of the specific item based on what the seller wants. Any other coins want to get together and look for someone to make such a market? The foundation could put up some coin and if others chimed in with some bounties maybe some nice web dev would make something that supports them in this fashion.

So we will participate in a chat with other devs. As bottlecaps was designed as trying to take a little bit of the good from everything and combine what we had seen working on cryptsy.com and come up with a unique coin. All the new features will take from the best as well with a few that we are working on originally.

Heck maybe there is room for more alliances in this coin world. Anyhow count us in.

Check out Bottlecaps: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/242-bottlecaps-cap/  | Check us out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bottlecaps/629515757059363 | CAP Foundation donations: F2YX4Aiyk9p2WqXHrrGGgVuskTxCGYpaG9
maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:08:24 AM

Anyone with me?

Yes, and about time too.

On a further note, it would help innovation to have such a chart, so people who "create" new alt coins would know what else they could add, or improve to make it unique. A coin needs a "selling feature" to be deemed worthy over another coin right?

Anyone agree?
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:13:17 PM

Great idea!
That will be interesting

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 11:39:31 PM

hey

I think this is good idea. The value of the coins come from development, and there is a lot of room for development of the coins. We have to expand, so there will be more people involved. Cooperating could be the key to faster expansion of crypto community into real world.

// Basically Im just reserving spot on the first page Smiley Good luck guys. I love crypto coins as they give so many opportunities for developers, and in the process we are making world a better place :p

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:07:40 AM

That's a great idea John. You first, how is PXC any better than LTC? If we already have a scrypt based coin which is already successful (and growing) what are your unique selling points?

In a nutshell. Why should anyone care about PXC?

Not trying to troll, but engaging in the topic which you of all people has presented. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: