Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if a person died with BTC!!  (Read 2287 times)
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:24:47 PM

It is always advisable to hand over your bitcoin wallet details to your trusted friend, wife, or anyone else because if anything might happen they will know where to look for your assets.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:38:19 PM

It is always advisable to hand over your bitcoin wallet details to your trusted friend, wife, or anyone else because if anything might happen they will know where to look for your assets.
That is right when you are dead and nobody knows that you have a bitcoin since you are keeping this from them then your savings will become useless, so better to have a simple note in your email where in your wife or children/family member knows. Don't be too greedy not to let them know.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:20:29 AM

What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

I think his bitcoin will be disapear forever if he doesn't give the private key to his trusted person like his family...
it's better to save your data about your wallet to the safest place where your family knows
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:55:18 AM

What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

I think his bitcoin will be disapear forever if he doesn't give the private key to his trusted person like his family...
it's better to save your data about your wallet to the safest place where your family knows
Maybe while we're still physically fit,we should let them aware of our earned bitcoins and teach them our private keys so that they can open our accounts and cash out all our earned bitcoins when tragedy strikes.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:56:29 AM

What will happen??

If a person dies with Bitcoins and then he or she did not tell anyone about them, those Bitcoins will simply disappear just like that. And there are a lot of Bitcoins out there that ended up that way. Nobody knows they are saving some Bitcoins. Others may know but they do not know the details of where it is being saved and the details such as the address, private key, password, and so on. As compared to fiat, Bitcoins have the higher risk of being forgotten.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blackpete

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:22:10 AM

I think anyone who has invested a decent amount into crytocurrency needs to make sure that they've secured it safely and that they've provided a trusted loved one the ability to access that investment should something happen to you. I've shown my wife how to open and operate my hardware wallet and have written her the pin code and kept it safe.
Thermatic

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:23:34 AM

If no one has access to a wallet, the coins could be lost forever. I wonder what % of all btc is lost already
akdperry

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:03:16 AM

Interesting.  I think all of us who invest in crypto should come up with plans to allow our families to access funds. if not then why bother investing. 
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:17:36 AM

Good question and made me aware of the importance of bitcoin archiving, thanks. If someone who has a bitcoin die without storing a record then no one can access the bitcoin except himself. This we can ponder to prepare a note about the bitcoin we have, so when we die, we can give the bitcoin inheritance to the family.
Sunyoto

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:30:49 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 02:44:49 AM by Sunyoto

in my opinion to prevent this, the owner just has to make sure someone gets the private key by writing it down. it's the best thing for the bitcoin owner.
And also you pass on to your child it is more useful for your family.
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:37:29 AM

What will happen??

Thats right. That bitcoin will no longer can be used. I think bitcoin will not dissapear in the near future. Probably it will still exist until 10.000 year, if this world is still exist  Wink . We are so close with the doomsday.

johnpaul12

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:41:11 AM

Yeah. i'm just wondering if what would happen if the person that has a bitcoin on his wallet. could it be possible to be wasted or the admin will just take it. when if the person is inactive.
bluesliang

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:45:49 AM

It is undeniable that there will be less and less BTC.
balamuda

Activity: 318

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:15:06 AM

What will happen??

to anticipate it you can hire the services of a lawyer to make a inheritance, and when everything happens bitcoin is given to the heirs.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:18:09 AM

What will happen??

if someone died and he or she had a BTC on his/her wallet it will stay in there, especially if no one knows in the family that he is doing bitcoin otherwise he has told a member of the family his password and wallet address where he kept it . then they can sell it and encash or continue his work in bitcoin.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:39:37 AM

Everyone knows the answer I think,  those person who use bitcoin has suddenly past out must be saved their all privacy on notebook first or something else.  So,  the people who care or who wanna responsible about it could be find the way to save the bitcoin from the death man or give to the death man's family.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:41:07 AM

That's a great feature of bitcoin. If someone dies and takes their private key with them, everyone else's bitcoins are worth just that little bit more. It won't be noticed little by little, but supply and demand will determine the outcome. Let it do the dirty work.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:33:13 AM

Then all of his bitcoin would be nonsense, no one knows his private key, so in short, all of his harwork earning that bitcoin will go to his grave with him also. That is why it is important that you have a white paper of your private key so that if your love ones or family see it, they know how to get your bitcoin and use it in expenses on their daily living.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:43:52 AM

I think it is pretty much happening, there should be plenty of bitcoin lost a few years ago when it wasn't worth much. People tend to forget it due to no value in it, and now they try everything to recover it which is unfortunately impossible to do.
We need to atleast share our account credential with family or wife, definitely not girlfriend LOL

spasmadness

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:44:26 AM

What will happen??

If he left the private keys to someone else that's the way to use them, if not these coins are lost forver.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: