Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:54:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if a person died with BTC!!  (Read 2287 times)
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:07:30 AM

The best thing to do is to make a written copy of your private keys. I, myself did this but instead of one, i have two copies of my private key. I entrusted one copy to my daughter for safekeeping if anything happens. The other one, i kept in my personal files to which she also has knowledge of. We'll never know what lies ahead that's why we should always be on guard.
But the problem is that some time it become difficult for the people to keep their key which they have written on page safe, there are always chances that someone may take the key from you and transfer all your fund  even if you are alive, I think we should only shares our private key to such person who have a very close relation with us and also with such people who are very loyal to us.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tikaka

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:20:17 AM

I think if a person dies for an unexpected reason. They can not say the password to relatives. I think Bitcoin will be stuck in their wallet forever. And that will reduce the amount of bitcoin in the world because we know that the number of bitcoins in the world is limited.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

The best thing to do is to make a written copy of your private keys. I, myself did this but instead of one, i have two copies of my private key. I entrusted one copy to my daughter for safekeeping if anything happens. The other one, i kept in my personal files to which she also has knowledge of. We'll never know what lies ahead that's why we should always be on guard.
But the problem is that some time it become difficult for the people to keep their key which they have written on page safe, there are always chances that someone may take the key from you and transfer all your fund  even if you are alive, I think we should only shares our private key to such person who have a very close relation with us and also with such people who are very loyal to us.

Well before sharing your private keys with your relatives and kin, make sure you explain first and make them aware of what it's for and how it works. That way they'll realize the importance of it and take extra care, simce that's probably the best way that you won't take your btcs to the grave with you

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
necmicolak

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:51:08 PM

Testing 1233
err
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:03:45 PM

What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

Of course it will be gone if you don't give your passwords and addresses to your family. So the better thing to do is to make a copy of all your credentials, give them knowledge what bitcoin is, so that if you pass away at least they have the idea how withdraw it.
c4ptch4

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:13:37 PM

for now i am new and don't have bitcoin maybe if someday if i have a lot of bitcoin i will give a copy or keyword for my family so if one day i die they can operate bitcoin i have
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:21:48 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 02:31:56 PM by batang_bitcoin

This can be another example. These criminals got almost $18M worth of bitcoin.
Police arrest couple in P900-M bitcoin ‘scam’
So what happens now? they can let someone control their coins or let inherent it. But if they decided not to move it and they are in jail for so many years, these coins won't be moved.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
celcoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:28:36 AM

If the person never gave anyone the private key of the btc,  then it will forever remain in the wallet,  the best way to do it is to store your private key in a safe and tell your lawyer to hand it over to your wife or any member of your family that you want in charge of the bitcoin when you are gone. better still,  you can grant your wife access to the private key incase something happens to you.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:35:51 AM

If the person never gave anyone the private key of the btc,  then it will forever remain in the wallet,  the best way to do it is to store your private key in a safe and tell your lawyer to hand it over to your wife or any member of your family that you want in charge of the bitcoin when you are gone. better still,  you can grant your wife access to the private key incase something happens to you.

It's better to have someone whom you trust the most who knows your private keys. We don't know what will happen to us so better be ready at all times.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:54:03 PM

I think if a person dies for an unexpected reason. They can not say the password to relatives. I think Bitcoin will be stuck in their wallet forever. And that will reduce the amount of bitcoin in the world because we know that the number of bitcoins in the world is limited.
But it will be god to share with one person only as all of us are investing in bitcoin for the sake of our family so we should invest in bitcoin but try to share about the password with anyone of your family member or your parents because it will help you not let your bitcoin go wasted, right now the price of bitcoin is good but will be useful to take care of your bitcoin and reduce the risk of your bitcoin at the time of your death, as human life has no guarantee but bitcoin is guaranteed to increase for sure.
Umkar

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:05:55 PM

Then both, and the deceased person, and bitcoin will forever leave our world. True, they will not be together: the soul of the deceased will return to his afterlife, and bitcoin, into his virtual world. Until they find or find a secret key to it, bitcoin will be encrypted in the block-chain block-chain.
However, they say, quantum computers will be able to calculate secret keys fairly quickly. Then there will be a real opportunity to restore all the lost keys to the purses, well, along with this and get to our purses with you.
tera do

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:54:27 AM

there may not have that for or to be pass with other for cause only he is the one to be able to know more about what he may save for even how many is that there is still that it will may look for nothing.
DASA NYA

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:58:59 AM

When something like this happening bitcoins their bitcoins is litteraly dying too but only if he didn't saved information about his accounts and wallets to his relatives.
excessbit

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:22:35 PM

In the event of death, I supposed that anyone who loves the sustenance and continues evolving of the crypto should, from the onset, consider bringing in a next of kin as an option. What shall it profit one then to make so much BTC only to have them confined in a place where noone can access? For me I think this subject is very important to keep our BTC from diminishing and eventual extinction.     
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:35:17 PM

If a worker in bitcoin die maybe the bitcoin will be stuck forever on storage but of he already pass to another person for the next generation, the bitcoin are still existing to that person coz we all know that our life in earth is very short but we need to injest in other bank and invest for the benefits, someday we will earn the bitcoin for the future...
ttking

Activity: 324

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:47:03 AM

I think it is better to have a copy with all passwords to be on the safe side. It will be pity if a person dies and his family won't be able to use this money. If there is at least one person whom you trust, you can give the code or organize everything so that the person will get access only in case you die. This can be one of the points in the official testament.
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:57:10 AM

the bitcoin will stuck on that wallet forever and ever, all people in this wolrd can't be withdraw the bticoin if they dont have the private key, and i think it will locked forever, unless the owner give the private key to you.

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
xraisers

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:01:36 AM

It will be a most unfortunate situation, however, if a person died the bitcoin will be lost because the person is no longer to claim or use it because he is already dead. Unless that same person has a family or even a relative that knows or even have a smidge of knowledge about the encryption password, wallets, and address of this dead person, then they may access these and they can either continue on what the person left or sell it and use the money on something else. Otherwise, it's pretty much gone forever.
Ivandvanko

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:05:10 AM

you need to be prudent ... keep the keys and give them access to someone close to them.  but you will know that it will only be for your family and not for a multitude of heirs.
wasaisisisi

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:07:04 AM

If the person dies by not inheriting the address of his close friend or family it will inevitably be lost forever. So we better prepare anything that will happen to us in the future. And give some access to our family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: