Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:29:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you regret selling your BTCs?  (Read 1552 times)
xebecstyx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:30:43 PM

Well part of me is regretting that i sold my bitcoin in the past but still if i didn't sell it that time i won't reach on where i am today. Bitcoin price is still increasing and i think it will reach a higher price till the end of 2017 but as the saying say ''live life with no regrets.''
It alright we do mistakes not sometimes but everytime even if your not a klutz were not perfect man. And we didnt know that bitcoin has that potential to grow. Well its understandable why people dont trust bitcoin st first cause its not well credited and safe or can be said legit because it is decentralized. Although if you use it and experience using it you might be overwhelmed of the growing value over a short time in a modern world.

On point! I agree because I too believe that experience is the best teacher. We can't blame ourselves for the decisions and moves we did before that may or may not have come out successful. During that time, that's what our gut feeling tells us, and even if it turned out wrong, to a prudent person, he may still get something good out of it by the lessons he have learned. Also, one can't live in fear of failure because it is always around. If you would regret all the moves you make, then you are not fit to be in this market, because the avenue for failure is always big given that the value of the coins may change at any moment.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

Yes I really regret it, not only my BTC but my Litecoins which was trading in 70 usd some years ago is now around 300 usd range. I want to hold all my shit coins from today and belive,5 years time, I will retire.
Everyone must have experienced something similar. We all must admit that we first recognize bitcoin so we are not sure about it. In the beginning bitcoin can be regarded as a joke and also only has a low price value. But imagine what's happening right now, we've all seen a huge change. Bitcoin can be said as a new force in the field of economy in the world today. It's all like a dream because we can become rich after knowing bitcoin.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:29:24 PM

I don't regret anything because I haven't sold anything. Grin I don't even think I would regret a certain move, even if I did sell at the wrong moment, because every time I have sold in the past, I sold to secure profits.

Realistically, as long as you sell to secure profits there is no need to get upset or sad about your move. In this market selling will likely only result in disappointment since the price goes up non stop, which is why I don't even bother selling.

My coins are safely stored offline and will stay there for much longer, because in current times hodlers are the big gainers here. Selling should only be an option in case of emergency, if not, then just keep hodling firmly.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:37:02 PM

don't regret anything,ever
whatever you are doing you are doing it to the best of your knowledge at that time
you can't change things,but can learn from mistakes
for that you do not have to regret what you have done but try to analyze why and what
so you do not repeat your mistakes
with bitcoins it is same-you sold your coins and they gained value,happens,next time HODL
on the other hand,imagine how many good decisions you make but do not pay attention to,daily?

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Samings

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:08:30 PM

Yes I really regret it, not only my BTC but my Litecoins which was trading in 70 usd some years ago is now around 300 usd range. I want to hold all my shit coins from today and belive,5 years time, I will retire.

lucky man who invest 10,000$ in bitcoin at 2017/12/01 will be rich now.

now all virtual coin is investment
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:22:02 PM

Well part of me is regretting that i sold my bitcoin in the past but still if i didn't sell it that time i won't reach on where i am today. Bitcoin price is still increasing and i think it will reach a higher price till the end of 2017 but as the saying say ''live life with no regrets.''
It alright we do mistakes not sometimes but everytime even if your not a klutz were not perfect man. And we didnt know that bitcoin has that potential to grow. Well its understandable why people dont trust bitcoin st first cause its not well credited and safe or can be said legit because it is decentralized. Although if you use it and experience using it you might be overwhelmed of the growing value over a short time in a modern world.

On point! I agree because I too believe that experience is the best teacher. We can't blame ourselves for the decisions and moves we did before that may or may not have come out successful. During that time, that's what our gut feeling tells us, and even if it turned out wrong, to a prudent person, he may still get something good out of it by the lessons he have learned. Also, one can't live in fear of failure because it is always around. If you would regret all the moves you make, then you are not fit to be in this market, because the avenue for failure is always big given that the value of the coins may change at any moment.

In investing or in life in general, with should also have room to learn from our mistakes and be open to accept our failures. It's our failures which make us stronger and better. Investing and trading is very risky, not only with bitcoin or cryptocurrency. We shouldn't let this hinder us or make us scared from trying again. No expert out there never made a mistake before becoming an expert.

I have some regrets myself for selling poorly some of my btc in the past but I've learned to accept it so that in the future, I won't do the same and this will make me have better decisions.
drawoh14

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:39:57 PM

Yes, I do regret. My money could have been tripled from now on, I have $500 way back September and every time I see bitcoin increasing it breaks my heart and regret for not holding. I will start holding next year for over a year

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★       
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:45:31 PM

Honestly, everyone who sold their budget  from bitcoin, he will regret it in the future. So this is a bad time to selling for some cryptocurrencies (especially bitcoin), and the price develops at a fast and huge way during this period of time.
In fact, it's time to collecting big budget of bitcoin and everyone can do it in many ways.
For me the best steps are:
1: Collecting a big value of bitcoin (You can achieve this through many jobs. such as: signature campaign, trading, mining...).
2: Holding.
3: Investing all the money.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

Theres an easy solution to regret and thats to realise you wont live forever so make the most of each day and maybe more practical is to only sell your BTC to invest into other things.    Dont spend it on junk because then you will regret as much the purchase was not worth it,  this is a shock to the system for most as modern society has become about spend spend spend and with BTC you should consider do I really need to because I might lose out.

The BTC I spent went onto things like a monitor, I was using a chunky old CRT screen for years and because everyone else is on a nice screen I was finding webpages were increasingly hard to read.  You dont realise it but they accommodate the average user setup in their web design and that is not an old CRT.

So I used to be a BTC miner, not tons but enough to buy a nicer widescreen LCD display which is so much finer then the old one and it let me carry on using the internet.  So it was a reasonable investment, in todays money that monitor was about $5,000 maybe.   Thats too bad but I cant regret having to use my funds sometimes and it was fairly essential.

Last year I sold 0.3 btc for a few hundred dollars.   Again to buy computer parts, kinda essential.    The main way I've sold BTC this year ( I held most till the summer) was to buy in some gold, this is a very reasonable hedge and parallel to crypto in not being part of the FIAT or QE system we are all stuck in.

Thats my main recommendation to people who find they sell BTC or feel they have to.   Hold a bit of gold as well because this has been used as a hedge for centuries and it will continue now, major exporting countries are currently buying in larger quantities then they have for decades previously.   I take that as a new paradigm as much as cryptocurrency has been, however right now its not as popular Im sure.

One of the best posts here. I agree with this 100%.

Only spend btc on things you absolutely need, or other hedge vehicles like PMs. Don't spend it on junk and other depreciating goods that you could just as easily spend your fiat money on. Buy back btc whenever you can. That way you have no regrets.
There is no need to fell regret in selling bitcoin and I never feel regret when I’m selling bitcoin because when I sell bitcoin so I get profit from it because I’m investor here so I always buy bitcoin when its price is low and then I sell bitcoin when its price go high so it’s a rules of business some time you will sell and some time you will buy bitcoin and I’m sure every will do same as I’m doing so selling bitcoin is a very good source of income.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:29:53 PM

If you're an early adopter and had bitcoins at the beginning of the year or earlier and you've seen the price go up a few thousands  and decided to sell in order to grab the gains, you certainly are regretting that. Now you see the price rocketing to 18K in just a few weeks, you must be eating your heart out.
But no worries, just buy again and hold till at least next year. It's not too late to profit from Bitcoins increasing price.
An early adopter probably does not care since he probably has thousands of coins, and he got them for a relatively cheap price, however regular people like us with small holdings need to hold for as long as possible so we capture most of the bull market when we cash out, it is not easy since it is very tempting to sell at the current prices but I'm not going to sell until bitcoin reaches 100k.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:27:46 PM

Partly. It's very difficult to do something right when money is involved. If you secure profits, which is a good thing, you likely get disappointed when the price keeps going up. If you choose to not sell at all, and the price is going down, you will again be disappointed, so whatever you do, it's almost impossible to not at least for a tiny bit regret your action. In order to find a balance, you should only sell smaller batches per time, which will allow you to even after a higher increase still benefit. I cashed out a small batch of my profits around $16k, where we now hover around $18.5k, which for me is still great considering that I have enough coins in my 'pocket'. Smiley
Clarkduco

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:28:41 PM

Yes, I feel regret sell bitcoin when price still churn down. But, I keep getting excited to buy when i have money even though bitcoin looks high now. Because, I feel next few years bitcoin becomes more expensive than now.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:31:27 PM

If you're an early adopter and had bitcoins at the beginning of the year or earlier and you've seen the price go up a few thousands  and decided to sell in order to grab the gains, you certainly are regretting that. Now you see the price rocketing to 18K in just a few weeks, you must be eating your heart out.
But no worries, just buy again and hold till at least next year. It's not too late to profit from Bitcoins increasing price.
An early adopter probably does not care since he probably has thousands of coins, and he got them for a relatively cheap price, however regular people like us with small holdings need to hold for as long as possible so we capture most of the bull market when we cash out, it is not easy since it is very tempting to sell at the current prices but I'm not going to sell until bitcoin reaches 100k.
True,  looking at the current bitcoin price it is really tempting to see that it is that high.  But just like what you said, I need to continue holding since I haven't been that long in earning bitcoin. I am just selling the amount that I needed to be able to support my needs and school.  This way,  I will still be able to save money and have the opportunity to gain profit while earning.

mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:07:35 AM

Partly. It's very difficult to do something right when money is involved. If you secure profits, which is a good thing, you likely get disappointed when the price keeps going up. If you choose to not sell at all, and the price is going down, you will again be disappointed, so whatever you do, it's almost impossible to not at least for a tiny bit regret your action. In order to find a balance, you should only sell smaller batches per time, which will allow you to even after a higher increase still benefit.
I've felt sorry, but I do not regret it now. I used to have a job paying me with Bitcoin, at that time I was very happy and able to collect Bitcoin with a very large number. But I did not dare to invest because I was afraid that Bitcoin would fall or crash. I'm afraid that Bitcoin's price will go down and I will not want to invest. But now I'm sure because I've known Bitcoin for years. Since the price touched $ 4000 I have no doubt and more spirit to search and collect Bitcoin as much as possible. Regretting is useless, we can only learn from experience.
CryptoCurr

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:14:22 AM

Everybody is regretting the selling of bitcoin in the past. bitcoin has become very valuable beyond people's imagination. if to say bitcoiners knew bitcoin will be such valuable no one would sell a single bitcoin.
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 01:09:03 AM

There are two things I regret the most...

1) Not buying/mining BTC the first time I heard about it. (I'm a tech guy and usually I'm informed about this stuff. And I also try all the "schemes" I found out to earn some)

2) Should invest much more when I started in cryptocurrency. I start with a few bucks and could invest much more at the start. (Some friends of mine did it and the multipliers.... OMG)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:20:43 AM

4 years ago, I am unemployed so I sold most of bitcoin for the period $ 200-500 per bitcoin (about 2 bitcoins per week) for personal spending, pay rent house fees. I don't regret because I need to live at that time. I just dream that If I got a work at that times, I became rich with over 1 million dollars  Grin
Most times we just have to accept things the way they come. Sure, if you had a job, things would have been different, and who knows, it may not have been.

Remember that human needs are insatiable and even with your salary, you could have wanted to live well, or at least have some other things to spend on which you could not since you were limited, but I feel your pains bro, and no matter what, it is the future that counts anyway and nothing is unchangeable as long as you try your best towards achieving them.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:35:40 AM

yes and no (heh)

by that i mean when i did sell, it was cool because when i did it was usually for a good enough reason, toys i really wanted, vacations, gifts. and years ago it was to promote actual use of btc.

but.

when i look at how many btc i had vs what i hodled.. well.. damn. spent many millions of usd worth of  btc at todays prices.

oh well, no regerts.
No at all and I think there is no need to feel regret when you want to sell bitcoin because it’s a very good time to sell it's price is high and still it’s going more high so it's apart of business you will buy bitcoin when its price is low and then for sure you will sell it when its price go high and if you don’t want to take profit right know then you can keep it save for future and can use it after some time so it’s a fact that one day you will sell bitcoins.
Totally depend on what you spend them on anyway. There are just sometimes that you have to just spend them on something you need, and in that case, there is no point regretting such decision when it was totally beyond your control.

Although, I have seen a lot of people who have spent their BTC on wants rather than necessities and those are where things can go sour for them, but why regret really when you cannot change things and the best bet is to make some amends.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:57:45 PM

Yes, I really regret that I sell my bitcoin when I was a newbie in cryptoworld without knowing that it can soar really high in the past months and my money could have grew now

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:02:36 AM

I just regret knowing about it and never bought due to lack of full comprehension of the mechanism behind it, like many people I suppose. I remember when i bought my gaming rig in late 2009, I'm been interested abut mining bitcoins for a while but get bored by technical issues and very little reward so I just forgot the idea. It makes me wanna die every time I think about that.
Lol. Not buying at all is a whole new ball game entirely, but there is nothing that cannot be changed, the only difference is that you only extended the time it could have taken you to be made by now.

No one knows the future and I am sure a lot of us based our decisions totally on that which is human unless you are extremely principled which everyone should anyway. Nevertheless, sometimes, we do always wish we can change back the hands of time, but since we cannot, we just have to move forward and re-fix the future to our best.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: