Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:26:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you regret selling your BTCs?  (Read 1552 times)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:10:37 PM

Theres an easy solution to regret and thats to realise you wont live forever so make the most of each day and maybe more practical is to only sell your BTC to invest into other things.    Dont spend it on junk because then you will regret as much the purchase was not worth it,  this is a shock to the system for most as modern society has become about spend spend spend and with BTC you should consider do I really need to because I might lose out.

The BTC I spent went onto things like a monitor, I was using a chunky old CRT screen for years and because everyone else is on a nice screen I was finding webpages were increasingly hard to read.  You dont realise it but they accommodate the average user setup in their web design and that is not an old CRT.

So I used to be a BTC miner, not tons but enough to buy a nicer widescreen LCD display which is so much finer then the old one and it let me carry on using the internet.  So it was a reasonable investment, in todays money that monitor was about $5,000 maybe.   Thats too bad but I cant regret having to use my funds sometimes and it was fairly essential.

Last year I sold 0.3 btc for a few hundred dollars.   Again to buy computer parts, kinda essential.    The main way I've sold BTC this year ( I held most till the summer) was to buy in some gold, this is a very reasonable hedge and parallel to crypto in not being part of the FIAT or QE system we are all stuck in.

Thats my main recommendation to people who find they sell BTC or feel they have to.   Hold a bit of gold as well because this has been used as a hedge for centuries and it will continue now, major exporting countries are currently buying in larger quantities then they have for decades previously.   I take that as a new paradigm as much as cryptocurrency has been, however right now its not as popular Im sure.

One of the best posts here. I agree with this 100%.

Only spend btc on things you absolutely need, or other hedge vehicles like PMs. Don't spend it on junk and other depreciating goods that you could just as easily spend your fiat money on. Buy back btc whenever you can. That way you have no regrets.
Dailyroberts

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:19:50 PM

Theres an easy solution to regret and thats to realise you wont live forever so make the most of each day and maybe more practical is to only sell your BTC to invest into other things.    Dont spend it on junk because then you will regret as much the purchase was not worth it,  this is a shock to the system for most as modern society has become about spend spend spend and with BTC you should consider do I really need to because I might lose out.

The BTC I spent went onto things like a monitor, I was using a chunky old CRT screen for years and because everyone else is on a nice screen I was finding webpages were increasingly hard to read.  You dont realise it but they accommodate the average user setup in their web design and that is not an old CRT.

So I used to be a BTC miner, not tons but enough to buy a nicer widescreen LCD display which is so much finer then the old one and it let me carry on using the internet.  So it was a reasonable investment, in todays money that monitor was about $5,000 maybe.   Thats too bad but I cant regret having to use my funds sometimes and it was fairly essential.

Last year I sold 0.3 btc for a few hundred dollars.   Again to buy computer parts, kinda essential.    The main way I've sold BTC this year ( I held most till the summer) was to buy in some gold, this is a very reasonable hedge and parallel to crypto in not being part of the FIAT or QE system we are all stuck in.

Thats my main recommendation to people who find they sell BTC or feel they have to.   Hold a bit of gold as well because this has been used as a hedge for centuries and it will continue now, major exporting countries are currently buying in larger quantities then they have for decades previously.   I take that as a new paradigm as much as cryptocurrency has been, however right now its not as popular Im sure.

One of the best posts here. I agree with this 100%.

Only spend btc on things you absolutely need, or other hedge vehicles like PMs. Don't spend it on junk and other depreciating goods that you could just as easily spend your fiat money on. Buy back btc whenever you can. That way you have no regrets.

Then my intention is like you expect more from bitcoin in long term. Can you detail this a bit more? Is it linked to demand of bitcoin or popularity, or just technical reasons.

I reall wonder. I'm currently not selling my few bitcoins. Holding them tight.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:26:45 PM

yes and no (heh)

by that i mean when i did sell, it was cool because when i did it was usually for a good enough reason, toys i really wanted, vacations, gifts. and years ago it was to promote actual use of btc.

but.

when i look at how many btc i had vs what i hodled.. well.. damn. spent many millions of usd worth of  btc at todays prices.

oh well, no regerts.
No at all and I think there is no need to feel regret when you want to sell bitcoin because it’s a very good time to sell it's price is high and still it’s going more high so it's apart of business you will buy bitcoin when its price is low and then for sure you will sell it when its price go high and if you don’t want to take profit right know then you can keep it save for future and can use it after some time so it’s a fact that one day you will sell bitcoins.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:51:34 PM

To be honest, as you can see, the current price of BTC is just unbelievable, have you ever owned some BTCs before? If so, are they still in your wallet? You may be deadly regretable if you already sold them out? I guess.

P.S.: I have an price analysis for today as below.

I'm pretty sure everyone of us here have our own regrets when it comes to selling off portions of our btc. We know for sure that btc will hit high and we only need to have patience to see the fruits of our labor but never did we imagine that it will all be so fast like this. Back then I've sold some of my coins thinking that I can buy back again anytime since the price is still reasonable and I can afford to buy in some more in place of what I've sold. But honestly, looking at the current price, I'm not sure if I can still acquire a decent amount of btc. So yeah, I have a little bit of regrets but not that I cannot get over with because I've made good profits even if I sold early and I'm still thankful for it because I can't even get that kind of amount if my money is just sleeping in my bank account, right?

mhaecel

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:58:24 PM

To be honest, as you can see, the current price of BTC is just unbelievable, have you ever owned some BTCs before? If so, are they still in your wallet? You may be deadly regretable if you already sold them out? I guess.

I'm pretty sure everyone of us here have our own regrets when it comes to selling off portions of our btc. We know for sure that btc will hit high and we only need to have patience to see the fruits of our labor but never did we imagine that it will all be so fast like this. Back then I've sold some of my coins thinking that I can buy back again anytime since the price is still reasonable and I can afford to buy in some more in place of what I've sold. But honestly, looking at the current price, I'm not sure if I can still acquire a decent amount of btc. So yeah, I have a little bit of regrets but not that I cannot get over with because I've made good profits even if I sold early and I'm still thankful for it because I can't even get that kind of amount if my money is just sleeping in my bank account, right?

No I don't have any regret but thankful instead because of those BTC I earned and managed to sell before are the reasons why me and my family is living comfortable life today if I didn't do regular selling of btc I earned before we might live a life full of financial problems for a year and might not even able to pay bills for my internet and not into bitcoins anymore.
Heisenberg8

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:30:42 PM

I just regret knowing about it and never bought due to lack of full comprehension of the mechanism behind it, like many people I suppose. I remember when i bought my gaming rig in late 2009, I'm been interested abut mining bitcoins for a while but get bored by technical issues and very little reward so I just forgot the idea. It makes me wanna die every time I think about that.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:28:33 PM

The price of bitcoin now is very high that it seems very impossible now to afford buying. Well, this is what we all had wished to since the beginning, for bitcoin to have a very high price. For me, bitcoin really had a huge growth for this year and in a very short time, the price keeps rising and rising. I am excited and nervous at the same time of what can happen in 2018. Will there be dump or will the price continue to grow? Anyways, whatever happens I know for sure that many people will be investing in bitcoin next year.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:59:15 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 03:53:39 AM by bitcad4u

The price of bitcoin now is very high that it seems very impossible now to afford buying. Well, this is what we all had wished to since the beginning, for bitcoin to have a very high price. For me, bitcoin really had a huge growth for this year and in a very short time, the price keeps rising and rising. I am excited and nervous at the same time of what can happen in 2018. Will there be dump or will the price continue to grow? Anyways, whatever happens I know for sure that many people will be investing in bitcoin next year.

Bitcoin is a digital currency system and it's rate was increased day by day and today rate of bitcoin are $19135  and in future it increased so much  and increased by selling about btc wallet it's hold the bitcoin in wallet and when you may need to pay in online with this holding bitcoin.
unknown-user

Activity: 445

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:08:57 PM

BTC:
BTC price skyrockets though day traders dump their BTCs out of panic, nevertheless, those new traders rushing into the market are still taking those BTCs over at high levels. Here is my advice: For BTC believers, you can just hold on to your BTCs however the price changes. For day traders, pay special attention to the short-term risks. Once price breaks below MA 5, profit booking should be considered. Nothing will just keep increasing in price without dips, we’ll have another chance to buy BTC in sooner or later.

BCH:
BCH got supported just above the line as I circled yesterday. Today, we saw a violent rally of BCH price which seemed fearless when facing BTC’s astonishing gains, indicating that main funds are determined to protect BCH from dropping. Competitive coins against BTC will have another round of bullish trend when BTC price starts a correction.

LTC:
LTC got a short-term and effective support at current price. A good rally of LTC price is expected when BTC price starts a correction. Also, it’s likely for LTC to continues setting a new all-time high, holding on to your positions is the best strategy for now.

ETC:
ETC price action seems relatively weak. Though forks are coming to ETC like what happened to BTC, the overall environment is changed now. Therefore, ETC is still likely to be oscillating and downward in terms of short-term price trend.

Altcoins:
Those altcoins with support from main funds can be our targets. The astonishing surges in BTC price almost lower all altcoins’ prices, including those with positions set by main funds. Altcoins mentioned above are expected to experience a good rally in price and regain their grounds taken by BTCs. Let’s wait and see.

Original by Kuang Ren, translated and posted by AICoin Jami.

I definitely regtet selling my bitcoin early without knowing that its price will be as this expensive within just a short period of time. I bet that many people here sold their Bitcoin when it reached 5000 uSD and I am also one with them. I thought it will dump after a few days so i took advantage of it but it was totally wrong since its price continuously increase from then.

betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:00:29 AM

I never regret on selling my bitcoins as whatever bitcoins I gave that are earned and not invested so whenever I m satisfied with the price I sell my bitcoins as I know that I can earn it back.
still no matter i have earned that bitcoin come from your own work not from your capital , selling bitcoin on low price where you can see higher price , it always be a big regret. it sounds like a BS when you feel nothing to see your 1 bitcoin supposed has $15,000 instead $150.

the point are you should never put the whole money to buy or sell it. save some for certain unexpected moment like ATH or the crash moment.

I sold btc many times and they were really cheap ones. Now I really regret for my trades in the past. I should have held them in my wallet for my better future, but I couldn't do this. Be patient for the success.
Nothing is to fell regret about selling because its apart of business some time you will buy bitcoin and some time you will sell because bitcoin is a digital currency and there are a lot of sources to earn here so buying and selling is also a kind of earning you can earn from here through selling and buying if someone sell bitcoin so he is also going to earn from it and he is not going to stop there after some time he start buying again for next profit.
There will always be a part of you that regrets selling at low prices. Like you said yourself that's business and one of the most important rules in business is to limit your losses. Selling at low price is definetly loosing money but that's okay. We all fell in that trap. I never thought it would reach this price in a short period of time. The last time i sold was at 11k and that's my last time. I'm not selling anytime soon until i see how it goes and what price can bitcoin reach.
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:27:37 AM

4 years ago, I am unemployed so I sold most of bitcoin for the period $ 200-500 per bitcoin (about 2 bitcoins per week) for personal spending, pay rent house fees. I don't regret because I need to live at that time. I just dream that If I got a work at that times, I became rich with over 1 million dollars  Grin
negamus

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

I think that most of us have sold a few bitcoins a few years ago, it was not a mistake, but do you remember the pizza guy?

That pizza is now worth 196 million dollars right now, how could be feeling about this "pizza" right now?

of course that i regret about selling a few bitcoins, but no one knew that it was going to rise so fast..

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
emithesquirrel

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:41:28 AM

I sold them at the price 4k$ and i'm really regret about that decision of me, it's just 3 months ago . Fucking shit.
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:41:07 AM

Yes but I just keep on reminding myself that even those who have a hundreds of btc that bought it earlier have sold all of they have and I made profit so there is nothing to regret at the first place.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:05:46 AM

Yes but I just keep on reminding myself that even those who have a hundreds of btc that bought it earlier have sold all of they have and I made profit so there is nothing to regret at the first place.

That's how we need to be as my case has been similar to your's even I sold my bitcoin at the p4ice of $2000 which I bought around $400 but I sold it as it was the only source of income for me at that point of time and the reason for investment is for a better future and for better future we should survive and selling bitcoin was my survival so I don't regret as I cannot go hungry to bed thinking If I sleep hungry for months I can earn more in return which will eventually be spent on health so I am proud I sold my bitcoin and the decision to invest into it as it acted as a saviour for me.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:18:32 PM

I am very regrettable, I sold many bitcoins when Bitcoin was $ 10,000. I never sold all my Bitcoins, but I think $ 10,000 was a little exciting for me. I did not invest a long time due to the mistake I made.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:29:40 PM

Yes bitcoin price now is so unbelievable. I did not expect this well I guess no one did. Yes I own a btc. But before the price of bitcoin goes so up high, I sell almost 3/4 of what I have. In that time bitcoin price is just 2000 USD. yes I get a big money by that time but it will much be bigger by now ; not double, not triple but more than. If ever I remember that yes I regret it so much. How I wish I can get back that amount of bitcoin I had. But life does not end up there, i will try to earn it back and unlike before I will hold it.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
CuDoCuDau

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 12:35:02 PM

BTC:
BTC price skyrockets though day traders dump their BTCs out of panic, nevertheless, those new traders rushing into the market are still taking those BTCs over at high levels. Here is my advice: For BTC believers, you can just hold on to your BTCs however the price changes. For day traders, pay special attention to the short-term risks. Once price breaks below MA 5, profit booking should be considered. Nothing will just keep increasing in price without dips, we’ll have another chance to buy BTC in sooner or later.

BCH:
BCH got supported just above the line as I circled yesterday. Today, we saw a violent rally of BCH price which seemed fearless when facing BTC’s astonishing gains, indicating that main funds are determined to protect BCH from dropping. Competitive coins against BTC will have another round of bullish trend when BTC price starts a correction.

LTC:
LTC got a short-term and effective support at current price. A good rally of LTC price is expected when BTC price starts a correction. Also, it’s likely for LTC to continues setting a new all-time high, holding on to your positions is the best strategy for now.

ETC:
ETC price action seems relatively weak. Though forks are coming to ETC like what happened to BTC, the overall environment is changed now. Therefore, ETC is still likely to be oscillating and downward in terms of short-term price trend.

Altcoins:
Those altcoins with support from main funds can be our targets. The astonishing surges in BTC price almost lower all altcoins’ prices, including those with positions set by main funds. Altcoins mentioned above are expected to experience a good rally in price and regain their grounds taken by BTCs. Let’s wait and see.

Original by Kuang Ren, translated and posted by AICoin Jami.

I think don't sell your BTC
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:46:18 PM

Not everyone sure would have had the patience and while some really had it, some just had to spend it based on their needs at that particular moment in time. I have spent some of my BTC but I save most of them. The only reason why I may not regret is because I utilized them to fund some other businesses offline but as still as I am much part of the crypto game by still having a lot left, I am sure not regretting anything. I am sacrificing a lot now to reap the benefits of all my investments in the long run.
sebo.k

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:17:49 PM

Yes I really regret it, not only my BTC but my Litecoins which was trading in 70 usd some years ago is now around 300 usd range. I want to hold all my shit coins from today and belive,5 years time, I will retire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: