Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:41:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Bitcoin Futures?  (Read 906 times)
ssocoin (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:08:30 PM

Hi, I was curious what your thoughts are on Bitcoin Futures. Do you think this is a positive opportunity for Bitcoin investors? Or, do you think this will thwart the growth of physical bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:12:53 PM

Actually bitcoin futures have no any direct relationship with bitcoin actual price well explained here https://www.coindesk.com/threat-bitcoin-futures/

And also this comment in another similar thread makes sense
I posted this as a topic so sorry if against rules for double post. Feel free remove. Just trying help.

We need to spread the word and F Wall st.

Futures are going to start trading on it Sunday night. These futures are cash settled. This means they are not connected to BTC in anyway. Like 0.0000%. They are just trading fiat aka making fiat bets on BTC's actual price. So they have endless fiat dollars to short their futures down to $0.

But here's there beauty. If tons of us stay HODL and completely ignore the futures price, futures price can be down 50% and BTC on say coinbase can be plus 20%. This would be all over the evening news and expose Wall St. for the sham it is.

Spread the word.

Example: Someone makes a billion $ bet BTC will be $5,000 Dec 31st. They are trying to effectively short BTC. If BTC on coinbase/exhanges is $10,000 on Dec 31st. This person who made the bet just has to pay the difference between $5,000 (their bet) and BTC physical price of $10,000. So they owe $5K in fiat.

It's a way to manipulate a currency/asset etc, because people think the futures is an actual price or indicator. It is neither, it is a bet is all.If everyone stayed HODL, Wall. St. would get destroyed.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 07:00:29 PM

Bitcoin have a great future, and Bitcoin itself proves it time to time. Since from Bitcoin's born they are fascinating everyone, but its all up to person as how he accept time and conditions. Who make trust, faith and belief in Bitcoins by supporting them by Holding are already getting good returns, but a time spends price, value and importance along with demand is increased exponentially, Which is taking bitcoins price too much high.

But Bitcoin is decentralized so one can decide price. Along with there is no authority to support you as customer support. So getting more and more information, news and updates about Bitcoin and its environment can make user more comfortable and confident while using Bitcoins.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:27:51 PM

bitcoin futures drive bitcoin to great heights it is future approval makes difference in bitcoin  for wealthy asset class
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:31:35 PM

Bitcoin Futures can make the market move both ways. So I would be prepared on 10th of December Smiley

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:34:40 PM

Future . It is possible that bitcoin will be replaced by another coin and will have a bitcoin value to be reached. Maybe $ 50,000 I still hope that it will happen

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:04:17 PM

Bitcoin future, as a realist there is a place for bitcoin in the future as it is growing everyday though despite the volatility it's still maintaining its stand. A great opportunity stands for bitcoin investors in the future.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:07:25 PM

I see this is a great opportunity for investors, and in south korea today many investors are ready to take advantage of bitcoin. and that will make the bitcoin price go up.
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:10:03 PM

Bitcoin future, as a realist there is a place for bitcoin in the future as it is growing everyday though despite the volatility it's still maintaining its stand. A great opportunity stands for bitcoin investors in the future.
not only for the future but also in the present that bitcoin will be a great help at all time especially for those who really want change in their life.  But for future bitcoin will continue to become the number one cryptocurrency and no one can replace it.
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:29:22 PM

• Best source of future income
  • Reducing poverty
  • Best investment place to hold a good capital
  • Cash will be converted into digital money
  • Banks will allow bitcoin as a payment method
  • Government will start investing in bitcoin
  • Government jobs will start paying people in bitcoins

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
isvodkabeer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:33:20 PM

I'm starting to think the futures market won't be a success. The traders there aren't looking for extreme volatility and that's what you get with Bitcoin. All the other things they trade are priced in a historic range. Bitcoin has no history and swings $10K in a week! Also, those traders already have their "lambos" so they don't need to take on huge risk.

I posted an article about it in the news section

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2553726.new#new
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:35:15 PM

I think this is a great opportunity for big investors, the reason is that today the spreading and bitcoin volume is soaring high that bitcoin prices get to the moon.

Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:45:39 PM

• Best source of future income
  • Reducing poverty
  • Best investment place to hold a good capital
  • Cash will be converted into digital money
  • Banks will allow bitcoin as a payment method
  • Government will start investing in bitcoin
  • Government jobs will start paying people in bitcoins

What are these? Your imagination?
We're discussing bitcoin futures, not bitcoin in the future, LoL
Cash will be converted into digital currency and vice versa
Banks will not allow bitcoin as a payment method, it's not banks decision, but the government.
Government will not pay people on bitcoin, not even in 50 years later, the government have to support fiat currency at any cost.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:46:56 PM

Thiughts? As being futuristic, I see bitcoin as a currency that is used by all countries in different ways like it is a real money, for example when you are about to it on a fastfood chain restaurant like KFC and McDonald's that you do not need to pull out money to pay you  can use bitcoin instead to pay for it . And in addition, for the answer to your question I think it is good for investor to give a look for bitcoin, because as of now bitcoin value is continuesly growing bigger and bigger so their investment really sure a worth to invest.
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:47:37 PM

Actually i have read a couple articles suggesting that the introduction of futures trading might affect the price of bitcoin in a slightly negative way. This is because the new traders that will come into the market with futures will have the ability to short it much easier than the already existing traders. Shorting means the are going to be on quick sells and falls in the price, these new traders are more of the traditional traders and have access to much more sophisticated equipment and date in terms of trading. They will also bring in large amounts of money to the market and with that comes stronger ability to affect price changes. Having said that it could go either way but if they want they could change the market sentiment in a matter of minutes or seconds.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
wjchong

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 01:17:32 PM

I think its price will rise up to $100,000. But also its price go down for some time.

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC
jilani

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:14:35 PM

I think its price will rise up to $100,000. But also its price go down for some time.
Just patience & see BTC price will be touched 40,000$-50,000$ in 2018 i think.
BTC dump for sometimes but pumping rapidly it's true.Now something falling down.
But after december will be start increasing i hope.Go ahead BTC.
lasry

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:24:29 PM

Hi, I was curious what your thoughts are on Bitcoin Futures. Do you think this is a positive opportunity for Bitcoin investors? Or, do you think this will thwart the growth of physical bitcoin?
Someday in the future, bitcoin will destroy the balance in the global market, it will dominate all over other currencies, all due to its very high demand and the advancing technology. It will be go and satisfy those who clings to it. And massive force of government will push through to ban it. And maybe government vs bitcoin war.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:28:13 PM

Bitcoin future will be more used and popular and of course will be positive opportunity for bitcoiner who know earlier.
Bitcoin is our future online currency most profitable.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:38:16 PM

Someday in the future, bitcoin will destroy the balance in the global market, it will dominate all over other currencies, all due to its very high demand and the advancing technology. It will be go and satisfy those who clings to it. And massive force of government will push through to ban it. And maybe government vs bitcoin war.
Do not expect. Governments will lead the war against bitcoin. They work with banks in the same boat. Banks cannot exist without government and government cannot exist without banks. And all of them are parasitic on humans. They can't and won't exist without our money. Bitcoin is our chance to escape from the hands of corrupt officials.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: