Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:48:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is taking so long for me to get my bitcoin?  (Read 231 times)
cgatx (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:35:32 AM

The place i got it from said it would be about 2 hours.  Still not 1 much less 6 confirmations.  It has been 4 hours.  Is this normal?

Miner fee is 0.000202 BTC.
Tuare aget

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:39:22 AM

Actually, recently mostly bitcoiner face this problem. Very long confirmation to see all transaction.
If before all transaction done quicker rather than now.
Now bitcoin become more popular and market is very crowded and busy so thats why process is taking longer.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:39:56 AM

The place i got it from said it would be about 2 hours.  Still not 1 much less 6 confirmations.  It has been 4 hours.  Is this normal?

could be days

cgatx (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:56:11 AM

So I basically just got lied to.   The transaction is legit if Mycellium Wallet is showing that it's receiving said transaction.. right? 
cgatx (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:24:03 AM

anyone?

on my last question.
chuongvannguyen02

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:32:18 AM

This happens often because so many people carry out their trading orders and make miners insufficient to carry out our transactions that make it delay.

AltsBoom

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:36:14 AM

So I basically just got lied to.   The transaction is legit if Mycellium Wallet is showing that it's receiving said transaction.. right? 

Nobody is lying to you the funds will be there but they show up as there but "unconfirmed" because you put such a low fee it may take some time to get there. For instance fees from exchanges range from 100k-200k sats which is 5-10x the amount you put down. Logically you will be behind all these transactions as miners want to mine what is most profitable for them.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
cgatx (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:52:04 AM

Nobody is lying to you the funds will be there but they show up as there but "unconfirmed" because you put such a low fee it may take some time to get there. For instance fees from exchanges range from 100k-200k sats which is 5-10x the amount you put down. Logically you will be behind all these transactions as miners want to mine what is most profitable for them.

I actually paid the guy $20 usd for $13.75 usd in miners fee.   He showed the $13.75 entered on his phone.   He said 2 hours because they are running behind because of increased buying.   4 hours later I go into my transaction details and it says the miner fee is 0.000202 BTC which is $3.22 usd.

So with all of the increased buying and better miner fees... will it be forever stuck in limbo or, is there some requirement for it to be confirmed in a certain amount of time regardless of how low the fee?
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:56:21 AM

Yes it's normal when there's a lot of transactions happening. If you want to decrease your waiting time you should pay the miner higher. When you are doing transactions like that expect that you have to wait especially when there are many people who are doing transactions also like you.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:02:32 AM

Well it is because the market is flooded by other miners, so that the payment is taking a long time, that problem is very common though sometimes it takes up to one day before they can release the payments
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: