Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:31:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP #HODL go #INWEST  (Read 1076 times)
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:30:05 PM

I can name some coins behind the startups, but this would be conflict of interest and want to stay on fundamental level of discussion.

However I can name the technologies, people are trying to invent :
-fast and secure money transaction
-stealth anonymous transaction using TOR network
-blockchain based backbone for Web page developers
-Machine to Machine communication

Yep, now we have to determine if new projects in those fields are worth something and can pump once and hold  the high price. Now most of such projects are in a huge bubble.
The problem of making new projects is about their revenue. They should earn in crypto to hold and push forward their tokens.

viparmenia (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 102

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:45:06 PM

I can name some coins behind the startups, but this would be conflict of interest and want to stay on fundamental level of discussion.

However I can name the technologies, people are trying to invent :
-fast and secure money transaction
-stealth anonymous transaction using TOR network
-blockchain based backbone for Web page developers
-Machine to Machine communication

Yep, now we have to determine if new projects in those fields are worth something and can pump once and hold  the high price. Now most of such projects are in a huge bubble.
The problem of making new projects is about their revenue. They should earn in crypto to hold and push forward their tokens.

If you do not invest and only hodl a bitcoin, hen it will became a bubble as soon you will get nothing else than $ for bitcoin, when altcoins decouple themself from bitcoin.

For moment you have a chance to invest directly into altcoins. But if $ will be the main fiat for everything and first you need to sell bitcoin to buy altoin, then bitcoin will lose.

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE created by people changing the world and unchaining money for freedom and privacy

Do not support Premined ANTI-coins like $XRP $XLM $ADA $TRX $IOTA killing FREEDOM of money
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:49:30 PM

Well what can you do?
It is like 70 percent of the pie just want a part of it so that they will have more of that popular money called US dollar.
I am one.
I need money. Aint we all?

I know bitcoin have a purpose but for now I dont see it yet. So why not go with the trend.
Just let it hike and make those who believed in bitcoin be rich then it could go down and serve it purpose afterwards.
nikjain422

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:08:07 PM

I don't think investing in alts right now would be clever thing to do as one cannot predict who is going to go up as right now all are on steep slope of downfall courtesy btc and Investing btc in ico's is completely your call as right now there are many ICO that has been launched but no one is really has that complete trust factor but i can't judge one's trueness that's why i think it's a risk to take and who ever has an that heart to take,take it but personally i would not prefer.
viparmenia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:17:33 AM

Exactly Reid - that is the point, most of HODLers do not give a f**k about crypto revolution and want to speculate.

But be warned - on wall street you can be successfully selling horses not for a long time if somebody already builds electric self driving cars.

Bitcoin is dinosaur of crypto world - almost useless in sense of technologies and progress.

It is already happened in may when majority of community discovered that transaction using alternative cryptocurrencies are faster, secure, anonym and even pushing innovation - this forced bitcoin to invent at least segwit to escape the dead, that was coming in August.

Segwit2x they rejected and seems no any innovation is foreseen in nearest future.

If all internet community will give up the bitcoin and wall street will see that they are the only one buying and selling that shit, they will let it FALL...

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE created by people changing the world and unchaining money for freedom and privacy

Do not support Premined ANTI-coins like $XRP $XLM $ADA $TRX $IOTA killing FREEDOM of money
viparmenia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:22:59 AM

Unfortunately the visions that bitcoin will eliminate fiat and became a basis for finance-transactions is KILLED

It is simply another speculation object on wall street, for a moment very successful, but only in sense of PRICE

The #Cryptocurrencies decoupling themselves from bitcoin more and more.

The alternative currencies do not perform in speculation as good as bitcoin but this is for a moment.

Alternative will overtake everything faster than #hodlers imagine, like it happened in may because bitcoin is just a dinosaur with no ability to adapt himself to modern times of fast transactions and high scalability.

I was thinking the crush of bitcoin will start due to bankruptcy of one of big exchanges like in 2014, but now I am sure the reason would be the uselessness of bitcoin except Dollar/Bitcoin speculations.

As soon as wall street will see that nobody else except themselves using bitcoin they will let him fall.

But for moment we are continuing to way to crush point the $30k per BTC goal I predicted week ago https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/hEmOZ4dJ-BTCUSD-Below-1000-after-Reaching-parabolic-maximum-at-30000/

Lykslyks

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:24:03 AM

Do not #HODL go #INWEST support start-ups

Only investment is healthy and makes any asset useful

This is true for $, gold, bitcoin or any other asset, fiat, basis coin

HODLing under mattress in hope that speculations will make you rich is nonsense killing the economic and technical progress

USE it or you will LOSE it

#Bitcoin HODLer nowadays look like old people holding their assets under the mattress instead of investing into crypto currency world.

Even if somebody decides to go #INWEST into something new #hodlers starting a shitstorm, because these cocky shitless pensioners simply scared to lose without understanding what all crypto technologies are about.

Imagine what we can reach with current 200 Billion Market capital if at least 10% of it will be on USE #INWESTed into different projects changing the world.

I am really upset to see how bitcoin is becaming just another shity speculation object of wall street - they are all alteady preparing their "future" trading, frequent trading, margin trading instruments to enter the crypto world and SPOIL it, like it is in money market going on: only speculation and no any interest on where you invest and why.

Agreed. It's getting annoying that everyone simply recommends others to keep holding their coins. That is literally creating a bubble.
Investing is a way better option. You're supposed to invest in things you believe in, not to HODL trash you think could grow in value soon. That's just a really stupid attitude.

For some reason, people blindly invest, hoping to make a lot of money, whilst they forget that they should try to think for themselves a bit as well.
A lot of people who own Bitcoins, don't even know what it's for exactly. They just think "It has a limited supply, so its price can only go up in the long-term". That's what they're told and that's the only thing they know, sadly.

Buying and holding bitcoin is not that bad, not everyone is capable of investing because theyll be in a need of a huge amount of money before they could invest. Do you think that people will just hold bitcoin if they have an enough money to invest? I don't think so! There are people who prefer to wait for the bitcoins value to go down before they invest because they think that it is a smart move.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:53:57 AM

Buying and holding bitcoin is not that bad, not everyone is capable of investing because theyll be in a need of a huge amount of money before they could invest. Do you think that people will just hold bitcoin if they have an enough money to invest? I don't think so! There are people who prefer to wait for the bitcoins value to go down before they invest because they think that it is a smart move.
You are right but I don't agree with the part of holding bitcoin being not bad for it. Why would it be good for bitcoin if it will be the cause of it being used merely for speculation? What OP is referring to here is to invest in bitcoin without the intention of only holding it waiting for price to come up because of no one is gonna use it, then it would be better off to call it a "bubble" since many are just buying and holding it without the interest of using it at all even a little, they just want to hodl and sell at a high price.
viparmenia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:30:55 PM

HODLing under mattress in hope that speculations will make you rich is nonsense killing the economic and technical progress

#Bitcoin HODLer nowadays look like old people holding their assets under the mattress instead of investing into crypto currency world.

Even if somebody decides to go #INWEST into something new #hodlers starting a shitstorm, because these cocky shitless pensioners simply scared to lose without understanding what all crypto technologies are about.

Imagine what we can reach with current 200 Billion Market capital if at least 10% of it will be on USE #INWESTed into different projects changing the world.

I am really upset to see how bitcoin is becaming just another shity speculation object of wall street - they are all alteady preparing their "future" trading, frequent trading, margin trading instruments to enter the crypto world and SPOIL it, like it is in money market going on: only speculation and no any interest on where you invest and why.

Agreed. It's getting annoying that everyone simply recommends others to keep holding their coins. That is literally creating a bubble.
Investing is a way better option. You're supposed to invest in things you believe in, not to HODL trash you think could grow in value soon. That's just a really stupid attitude.

For some reason, people blindly invest, hoping to make a lot of money, whilst they forget that they should try to think for themselves a bit as well.
A lot of people who own Bitcoins, don't even know what it's for exactly. They just think "It has a limited supply, so its price can only go up in the long-term". That's what they're told and that's the only thing they know, sadly.

Huge? What you mean with huge?
I started with couple of thousand $ and multiplied it to 5x in a half a year. Some of so called PoS coins multiply themselfs 4-5% per month without trading just keeping them online you earn rewards.

If I would not invest my Bitcoins and just HODL would have now a 30% more $, but I am not so idiot think having more $ I am more successful.

Next year bitcoin would be dead because a lot of coins in which I invested will start working and gain more progress with new technologie they invent that bitcoin will never have. Moreover the developer teams behind the alternative coins I invest are know and would gain 10x the current price.

Have you ever asked who is behind bitcoin, who holds them, who develops the CORE?
Have you ever seend them, talked them?

But you trust them you money?

viparmenia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:39:10 PM

You are right but I don't agree with the part of holding bitcoin being not bad for it. Why would it be good for bitcoin if it will be the cause of it being used merely for speculation? What OP is referring to here is to invest in bitcoin without the intention of only holding it waiting for price to come up because of no one is gonna use it, then it would be better off to call it a "bubble" since many are just buying and holding it without the interest of using it at all even a little, they just want to hodl and sell at a high price.

Try to use it and you will see, what happens - high fees, slow transaction....

The only use of bitcoin since alternative cryptocurrencies are on market is a BASIS for buyin alternative currencies.

But slowly bitcoin losing his dominance as of more alternative cryptocurrencies traded directly  by $/€ etc.

If bitcoin will lose his position as basis for other coins it would became most useless cryptocoin from all.

Bitcoin was made to replace Dollar EVERYWHERE, but slowly becoming just a speculation object.

I hoped to see bitcoin as main reference asset replacing $ everywhere, such that anything in the would be measured in bitcoin even a barrel of OIL, but for that it must be stable and act together with other cryptocurrencies and not against.

For a moment all alts are massacred for just getting more bitcoins and this would not end good.

viparmenia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:09:41 PM

By the way, question to those who claim bitcoin is more safe than alternative cryptocurrencies ?

Have ever anybody seen a Roadmap for Bitcoin?

Do you know the persons who develop the core?

What are he goals behind bitcoin foundation?

You most possibly have no answeres to that questions in compare to many alternative coins with real people behind, bu we talk about RISKs of alternative coins and Bitcoin as SAFE HAVEN .... LOL... Grin

jackiemixon2

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:37:57 PM

What happen if you're supporting a scam start-up? Investing is not a good choice as all the time.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:48:26 PM

I think the best way to earn a good profit is just hodl the Bitcoin. Other ways are unsuccessful ways to earn good profit.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:50:40 PM

I don't think investing in alts right now would be clever thing to do as one cannot predict who is going to go up as right now all are on steep slope of downfall courtesy btc and Investing btc in ico's is completely your call as right now there are many ICO that has been launched but no one is really has that complete trust factor but i can't judge one's trueness that's why i think it's a risk to take and who ever has an that heart to take,take it but personally i would not prefer.

I partially agree with you on that, its a shame we are not certain whether we should invest in alts or not, there are much much better projects than bitcoin and it is a waist that they dont get the chance to grow because bitcoins price is full of manipulation by people who only want more money and power, I cant wait till the time where people will not speculate and invest in something that delivers.

viparmenia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:08:14 PM

I think the best way to earn a good profit is just hodl the Bitcoin. Other ways are unsuccessful ways to earn good profit.
Have you check any alternative coin how they perform last year in $?

viparmenia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:12:59 PM

I partially agree with you on that, its a shame we are not certain whether we should invest in alts or not, there are much much better projects than bitcoin and it is a waist that they dont get the chance to grow because bitcoins price is full of manipulation by people who only want more money and power, I cant wait till the time where people will not speculate and invest in something that delivers.

Time is came, the dead of bitcoin is just delayed for a 60 Months due to hype in Mass media.

But soon the new HODLers will get calm and start to analyse in what they invested - like awakening we seen in May-June.

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:25:50 PM

Inwest related to development and a building right? Investing in the real form you are talking about? I prefer to HODL choose because I think it is also a secure form of investment and not related to any party, but I will think again about your suggestion maybe I will discuss with the family about this a good opportunity.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
carlfebz2

Activity: 2968
Merit: 730

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:26:46 PM

"INWEST"? What does that mean? Do you mean Invest? As in short for Investment?

Investing in Bitcoin is the same has holding Bitcoin. If you're investing in startups you're not directly investing in Bitcoin. And Bitcoin has gone up in value more than an investment in a start up this year!

I'd be keeping my coin in Bitcoin, let the start ups earn income through their operations or direct investment from their founders.
Hes just pissed out on those people who do HODL off bitcoin rather than on actively trading and investing it which this thing cant really be avoided because there are people who do hold off this coin no matter what even it would affect its circulation then they don't really care at all as long they do know that they do have such possession and thinking off on possible profits on future when price tends to go up.
viparmenia (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:46:55 PM

Analysis about "is there somethig better than bitcoin" starting https://www.bnn.ca/video/~1282048?hootPostID=5960e88c41fc7381372b4b82b8e63a35

As I said - you can't convince people HODL horses if there are electric self driving cars arround

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:53:20 PM

I think many of us may not care for what you are saying and to me I desire that bitcoin should make another upward serious push before selling my holding which has run into hundreds of thousands in my local currency because I have been holding since the beginning of this year till now. INVESTING is good but too risky as many of us do not know how to trade but can easily buying bitcoin and hold it for some time for profits.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: