Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:53:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!!!! Premining HELL - Need HELP!!!  (Read 2213 times)
emerefer

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:28:23 AM

I EMAILED THE PROGRAMMER TO REMOVE THE 1% premine.

Now there's ZERO premine.

This is not America!

Unreal!!!

Why dont you just mine one of the coins that are near death and then make them worth something.

It would probably release you of all the stress that releasing your own coin is causing you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tob101

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

Of course I'm trying to get paid.  Are you and unthinkingbit working for free?  Is 1% so much?  This is absurd.  Show me one dev makings as than 1% iniding all the I sider buys and back door schemes.  Nobody she's this for free.

You know, nevermind, nothing but haters and jealous people in here looking out for their own self interest.

I have to apologize for earning 1%?  Anahaaaaaa.  Wnen hell freezes over.

I'll leave it as a premine since no matter what I do the haters come out with a new excuse.

Well, then don't be surprised if someone copy/paste your coin, remove the 1% for the dev and release the coin with no premine under a new name  Smiley

Right, and that guy will do it for free, right.  He won't make any money.  Abanaaaaa.

You guys lay pools 2-3% and they do noting for you. I come up with an idea to make mining more fun and reward the small guy the most and I don't deserve 1% lousy percent.  Talk about u grateful greed.

It seems like you don't realize how trivial it is to clone Litecoin, just take the source code and change some parameters and logo. That's it, there are guides in the internet explaining how to do that. I have some engineering background, believe me that I would gladly do it for free!  Cheesy

BTC: 1FynXbsp2pdezt1wej7iZw373AXNj6PgRS
iamrickrock

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:30:46 AM

This is not America!

Unreal!!!

Wow I have to laugh at that because no it is not America, this is the internet and there are people here from all over the world. And this is not big business, this is anti-big business, especially big bank business. The whole nature of crypto-coins goes against almost everything you are arguing about.

tob101

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:31:30 AM

This is not America!

Unreal!!!

Why dont you just mine one of the coins that are near death and then make them worth something.

It would probably release you of all the stress that releasing your own coin is causing you

Maybe because all those dead coins most likely have premine, so if you bring those coins back to life, you are benefiting the devs who primened.  Cheesy

BTC: 1FynXbsp2pdezt1wej7iZw373AXNj6PgRS
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 08:34:05 AM

Apparently working on the assembly line, such as by pointing one CPU-core at Tenebrix and, if he is rich enough to have more than one core or CPU, one at Fairbrix, is beneath him, because he is an idea guy not an assembly line worker who has to actually plug in a machine and start a mining program before going to the beach letting a machine do all the work.

Heck of it is, one core on each would probably yield more than 1% of each!

People made fortunes pointing one CPU-core at BBQcoin for a year last year, some of them had more than one core so also had one each pointed at Tenebrix and Fairbrix. Some might still have a core pointed at liquidcoin fergoshsakes.

But oh no, that is beneath him, he is an "idea guy", and I expect most actual-development fields know how useful "idea guys" are...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

Maybe because all those dead coins most likely have premine, so if you bring those coins back to life, you are benefiting the devs who primened.  Cheesy

Actually, if he really has some great ideas of what to do with a pre-mine, then maybe some of those old pre-mines might not have to be thrown away like novacoin did.

Lolcust had, last I heard, pretty much decided to throw away the 7 million Tenebrix that had been put aside to make a huge 24/7 mixer to help anonymity since people apparently aren't that interested in anonymity, but hey if there really is some great use for a pre-mine maybe lolcust could be persuaded not to destroy quite all of it, instead putting some of it into some great ideas other than the apparently not such a great idea of having a huge mixer to make anonymity ubiquitous.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
emerefer

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:42:08 AM

Apparently working on the assembly line, such as by pointing one CPU-core at Tenebrix and, if he is rich enough to have more than one core or CPU, one at Fairbrix, is beneath him, because he is an idea guy not an assembly line worker who has to actually plug in a machine and start a mining program before going to the beach letting a machine do all the work.

Heck of it is, one core on each would probably yield more than 1% of each!

People made fortunes pointing one CPU-core at BBQcoin for a year last year, some of them had more than one core so also had one each pointed at Tenebrix and Fairbrix. Some might still have a core pointed at liquidcoin fergoshsakes.

But oh no, that is beneath him, he is an "idea guy", and I expect most actual-development fields know how useful "idea guys" are...

-MarkM-

Ive seen you say all this probably 100x in this forum.   I just dont understand why it doesnt catch on.(Im glad it doesnt.)  It blows my mind why people want to make a few cents a day instead of taking a risk and mining something that could make them a small fortune in the long run.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 08:45:57 AM

I just dont understand why it doesnt catch on.(Im glad it doesnt.)  It blows my mind why people want to make a few cents a day instead of taking a risk and mining something that could make them a small fortune in the long run.

Sour grapes! Tongue

You are glad it doesn't because you still haven't gotten around to pointing a core at each, so there nyah nyah nyah, you snoozed you losed, keep on snoozing to keep on losing, fine, all the more for my cores! Tongue Cheesy

-MarkM-

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 02:46:55 PM

A simple app/script could generate thousands of new crapcoins a day, so there is actually no need for crapcoin inventors at all, they can be automatically generated if only an actual dev bothered to actually develop a simple crapcoin-generator script/app.

This would actually be awesome.  Where there are a hundred or so new coins every day then maybe people will get the idea that yet another coin doesn't really mean anything.

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 03:11:07 PM

I'm getting ready to release a truly fair coin with the number one target market in mind being the miners.  They are the forgotten demography yet the most important to any coin's survival.

I developed this coin with the miner in mind and even when I badly wanted one feature like SHA256 I gave in to their wish for Scrypt.  The same was true for numerous features and issues.

Now I'm at an empasse and there's no way around it.  I didn't go cheap, I hired a good programmer with good experience and a great rep.

I made it clear that I hate premining but he told me that pre mining my 1% was the easiest way and any other way, otherwise I would require more money, time and another programmer.  

PLEASE HELP!

I want to release this coin for the people the miners but this is causing a problem.  I can't get rid of the 1% because that's my only reward and I will be working 70-80 hours per week on this and this Nuggets coin may may never be worth anything but its worth a chance cause I really enjoy it.

So far I've given in to every demand but I cannot just give up this 1%. I don't know any dev working for less and it's not right, I'm creating a new coin which will really help and benefit the small miner the most and I'm return many are angry at 1%.  I'm Quite shocked.  I'm not a bum off the street, a gold two degrees and earned nearly $10,000 at my last job at Well Fargo Bank - you get what you pay for.

My question is, is there a programmer here that can help me - can you make the 1% to be paid out gradually as it gets mined over the next 7 years? Cause the problem isn't the 1% as much as getting it all now. People are scared of pump and dumps and I can't blame them.

I even offered to put my coins In escrow or a public wallet so I can't sell them but there's so much anger towards me that nobody can think clearly.

I hope to launch this coin soon so if anyone can help I would be very grateful and I wish I could pay you a bounty but the miners also forced me to ban the 5% premine which would have gone to bounties, rewards, etc.  

I feel like my hands are tied and I wish they would just trust me only 1/10th of the trust I have showed them.

Please help me!

Edit:

This is not America!

Unreal!!!

To me, you sound like a whiney child that mad at his parents. If your not a developer that can support the coin and help it grow. Then simply, don't do it. You'll make yourself look less stupid in the end.

GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:34:16 PM

The Dev's salary should get voted on each quarter by the coin holders. If the coin's making people money, you get voted a large salary. If it's sucking ass, you get nothing.
mnyonpa

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 05:34:53 PM

So much yammering about stupid miners being against premining and absolutely no ideas about how this new coin is going to be a BitCoin or PPCoin killer (or Litecoin killer, I am just personally prejudiced against Litecoin).

So far it’s an absolutely shallow idea — coin for the miners. That means no one will use it for business and it will never gain any real value.

So I believe it is better to consider first, what new creative principles will make the coin attractive for businesses in the future. And how much of the premine it is going to worth. So far it is worthless even with 0% premine.

Like the guy who makes eMunie for example, at least he started with an original codebase and some innovative ideas, and the community agreed to have premine.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:07:13 PM

Yeah it surprises me.  Him being the "Business" man in the group.  Yet he fails at the most basic concepts of the Business end of a Cryptocurrency.  Figure out your target audience in whatever you are doing, and build the business towards them.

He calls himself a developer, and claims he will be here 16 hours a day developing his coin.  But he has no programming skills, so what is he going to be doing with his going adding new innovation 16 hours a day??  He targets his coin towards "miners", and not the Businesses that are actually need for the coin to take off.  Then calls his "Target" a bunch of greedy idiots.  What big business is going to take a coin named SantaCoin or CatholicCoin???  None.  That why we steered him away from his really cheesy named coins.  But instead of thanking us from him jumping head first into a hole, he tells us he did it for us, and we should be grateful.  Then we save him from a very bad idea in making a SHA256 coin in this day/age.  Again instead of thanking us for at least giving his coin a chance, he again tells us to be grateful for him being willing to change his ways. 

Lastly, the average user on these forums are semi- anti alt-coin.  Against Premine and giving a developer a payment.  So instead of letting the premine/1% payout slide in with the announcement.  He asks this exact audience if they think its ok that he takes his 1% off the top.  If he didn't make a big wave about it, no one would have really noticed.  But he advertises that he is going against what everyone wants  LOL. 

If he tried this on an alt-coin forum he might have gotten a bit more sympathy.  Oh well, I hope his other business ideas are worth something, because so far, his business side isn't doing very well.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:40:44 PM

Listen Crapcoin Captain Vlad, nobody's gonna use this coin, because you're going against what everyone wants. You're not going to get anyone to accept your [turd]nuggets if you keep whining at them, calling them greedy. Also this.

So far it’s an absolutely shallow idea — coin for the miners. That means no one will use it for business and it will never gain any real value.

This is the reason people hate most altcoins. They are nothing more than a pump and dump scheme if there is no economy behind it. If the money (coin) exists to just be printed (mined), it is worthless.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 06:59:17 PM

Just premine or take your 1% and be done with it. The fact you are making such a big deal about this just proves that you know its not the right thing to do. The whining has overstayed its welcome. You are getting ridiculous man. At this point it feels like begging and we are not going to throw you a pity parade. Take your cut or don't. I really don't think anyone cares anymore. Youre going to kill your coin before you even launch it if you keep this baby shit up

I'm trying to find the best solution for everyone and you're still not happy?  Sad.

You're trying to benefit yourself. You've started the same thread multiple times hoping for different results but getting the same reaction each time. You're being greedy thats all there is to it

1% is greed, eh?  But your 99% is t greed, you earned that, right.  You didn't think about it and you just plug your computer in and go to the beach but your 99% is no greedy.  If not for guys like me thinking of new better ways for you to make money doing nothing your lazy way of making money would end quick.

When I'm paying over $900 a month for electricity, you can bet your ass I'm going to be greedy to pay it off when I'm using my $40,000 worth of equipment

hathmill

Activity: 186

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:23:43 PM

Know your market, do research, and honestly if releasing a coin do learn how to code or ut is destined to implode.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: