Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:16:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Futures  (Read 1603 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:32:15 AM

Heyyy Guys , what do you think about the Bitcoin futures listings ?

As long as they remain cash settled, which they are as far as I know, they are pretty irrelevant. Cash-settled futures are futures that don't require actual physical delivery of the underlying asset, which would be bitcoin in this case, but rather settling the associated position with cash, for example, dollars. Therefore, I don't think they are going to affect bitcoin prices in any significant degree if at all.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tux99

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:46:08 AM

Answer to this question is quiet difficult. Since last one year bitcoin price is rising continuously with great pace. Its popularity is increasing day by day, its unexpectedly raised price is attracting investors towards it. Due to limited supply and increasing demand bitcoin has become the most volatile currency. If bitcoin developed with such a pace it has bright future ahead and may achieve target predicted by John Mcafee. But sudden rise in price also worried many experts, they term this sudden price rise as a bubble. Illegal activities also started using bitcoins in their trade. As a result many countries like China, Japan, India, Australia, Indonesia banned/ regulated bitcoin transactions. If this continuous to other nations then bitcoin future is not promising.

Like you said, bitcoin future is difficult to explain the future.
Nobody know what will be the future. But i am sure nothing will stay exist all the time. Will come the where everything down. Now speak about this year only, bitcoin is more popular and increase the price.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:57:45 AM

As long as they remain cash settled, which they are as far as I know, they are pretty irrelevant. Cash-settled futures are futures that don't require actual physical delivery of the underlying asset, which would be bitcoin in this case, but rather settling the associated position with cash, for example, dollars. Therefore, I don't think they are going to affect bitcoin prices in any significant degree if at all.
This is actually a big point that I didn't think of beforehand. This would have a big effect on the actual impact that futures would be having on the marketplace, and if it is true that they're cash-settled then there's going to be no real movement from the market aside from speculation and normal volatility.

It almost feels like cheating, to be honest. Not having to deliver a commodity and instead of covering the positions with a cash reimbursement? Seems like gambling and speculating on numbers more than a real investment or option.
MD Milon

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:21:28 AM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency.it has great future.it has lot of advantages.lot of people interest it.many of involve it.many of invest it,and get profit.it's profit margin is so high.day by day it's increasing.I hope Bitcoin do better and better in now and future.
Ismat Morshed

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

Bitcoin has a great future.it has low transaction fee.many people are use it. and invest it,and got profit.
tee-rex

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:38:19 AM

This is actually a big point that I didn't think of beforehand. This would have a big effect on the actual impact that futures would be having on the marketplace, and if it is true that they're cash-settled then there's going to be no real movement from the market aside from speculation and normal volatility.

It almost feels like cheating, to be honest. Not having to deliver a commodity and instead of covering the positions with a cash reimbursement? Seems like gambling and speculating on numbers more than a real investment or option.

Welcome to reality, bro! This is what the best part of the derivatives markets, be it gold, oil, or whatever, consists of. As you said, it is essentially gambling or even cheating, and real merchants, vendors as well as producers have to use special techniques such as hedging to get rid of the speculative part of respective markets. Hopefully, this is not the case with bitcoin so far. At least, not until both cash-settled and physical delivery futures are traded together at the same exchanges.

Right now market participants can tell real bitcoins from imaginary ones. That's the reason why the latter ain't going to affect bitcoin prices significantly.
glaciercapital

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:41:49 AM

Welcome to reality, bro! This is what the best part of the derivatives markets, be it gold, oil, or whatever, consists of. As you said, it is essentially gambling or even cheating, and real merchants, vendors as well as producers have to use special techniques such as hedging to get rid of the speculative part of respective markets. Hopefully, this is not the case with bitcoin so far. At least, not until both cash-settled and physical delivery futures are traded together at the same exchanges.

Right now market participants can tell real bitcoins from imaginary ones.

I wonder if they will continue to trade at a premium in times of major market volatility

NashAmajh
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:14:12 AM

The future of bitcoin is very shined.Though it is a cryptocurrency people all over the world are using it and getting a good profit.Moreover day by day it's user is increasing and increasing.That's why I have told that future of bitcoin is very good.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
drakegon

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:16:48 AM

The futures market is about to start trading right away. There are two factors: First, futures are leveraged so more money can be brought. Perhaps this is the fastest way for BTC to go to the moon. At the same time, the current stock of funds Not enough to support BTC continue to rise. Second, futures can be short, of course, for those of us to buy more to see the more risky, on the other hand can also balance the BTC price.

We will see how will it affect Bitcoin as other listing actually did more harm then improvements. In the following weeks we will have our answers.
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:40:36 PM

Future of bitcoin is very bride because
people all over world are earning trading
in this currency.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
dboy3225

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:13:12 PM

Personally, my opinion bitcoin will be growing and growing. Bitcoin has got legitimacy in almost all countries. Nowadays, Bitcoin is used as a medium of exchange for the market through.That's why Bitcoin is jumping and jumping.Everyone will be informed about bitcoin in the future.
randy321

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:40:29 PM

I don't really see the point of this.  If you want to participate in the upside (or downside) of Bitcoin without having actual exposure to holding cryptocurrency, then you shouldn't be in this space in the first place.
mutrang23

Activity: 484
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:52:59 PM

Future bitcoins can disappear really this is really a joke. But it can happen if there is an altcoin capable of attracting many traders and investors.  I believe the future of bitcoin is the end of its golden age.
esam19643

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:53:54 PM

Please add CHCC and ARcoin
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:19:31 PM

I read that the futures were sold for December 2018, at a price of 50k.
I wonder how it will be closed at the rate of 100k.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 06:22:00 PM

If you are interested in learning more about them, you can check out my free course : https://bitcoinhomework.com/course/marginal-trading-shorting/

I talk about futures, and other types of trades that you can make in cryptocurrency, and some platforms that you can use to execute the trades. PM me if you have any questions.

Positivebetting
tee-rex

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:14:58 PM

I don't really see the point of this.  If you want to participate in the upside (or downside) of Bitcoin without having actual exposure to holding cryptocurrency, then you shouldn't be in this space in the first place.

Regardless, most people are in bitcoin exclusively for profits anyway, which are counted in dollars, euro, or whatever. When you are not exposed to holding real coins, you are not in that "space" by definition. Well, that's how I myself see it. Apart from that, if you are in for the downside of bitcoin, you are not exposed to holding any coins either if I got your point correctly. Do you refer to shorting bitcoin as being in the downside ?
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:16:27 PM

i think it is was great at the future because of its possibility to increase the amount of users so there is so much thing to happen at the future maybe its good or bad we know that prediction is not a reality so we find out that when it comes to the day!

Bitcoin will really increase its value even more in the future, The value already surpass the $10k dollars which different speculations are expecting and now it is already at $13k so it is not impossible that bitcoins might reach $20k before the year 2018 ends.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
matrixaquatic

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:16:48 AM

There are two possibilities, a development which is a good news for investors or a possible crash that can affect the system for some time.
radharX

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:31:24 AM

1. Bitcoin will still be king
2. More institutions will join the fray
3. Regulators also ready to jump in
4. Volatility will still be synonymous
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: