Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:04:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] carVertical - Car History Registry Built on Blockchain technology  (Read 36522 times)
yyz13857180757

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:45:19 PM

To be honest, I do not understand why for one person to go into carVertical, buy information about cars of other people. This does not bear any value, in fact, when buying a car that was used before.
And who says that the value in buying a car will be exactly this? The company will have its own product - carVertical.Reports, which will generate reports for people with a full history of the car. Thus, the potential buyer will know everything about the car that he wants to buy.

CarVertical, this is the first coin I heard about automobile history registration. It's based on block chain coins. Project members and consultants look strong. I will keep a close watch on this coin.
spottcoin

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:48:37 PM

Hello, friends. It's great that legal entities can buy carVertical products by White Label. If this is the case, can you specify which royalty will have to be paid to partners each month?
drerd

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:06:35 PM

This is John   .   John  wants  to sell his car with   less  kilometers .    John is not happy that details of his car go on the blockchain .   John  learns how to trick the odometer(very simple )  to show less  miles  before early inspection .
The guys at the service are not that smart  to realize that  , or they don`t care , so  wrong mileage  is   registered on the blockchain .     John is happy ,  he just sold his  300.000 miles car  with 120.000 on the odometer.   Buyer  trusts it because information on the blockchain cannot be altered or wrong .  Roll Eyes     John just made  Car Vertical  Ico  obscelete.   
MishaMuc

Activity: 1428
Merit: 589

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:31:29 PM

To be honest, I do not understand why for one person to go into carVertical, buy information about cars of other people. This does not bear any value, in fact, when buying a car that was used before.
And who says that the value in buying a car will be exactly this? The company will have its own product - carVertical.Reports, which will generate reports for people with a full history of the car. Thus, the potential buyer will know everything about the car that he wants to buy.

CarVertical, this is the first coin I heard about automobile history registration. It's based on block chain coins. Project members and consultants look strong. I will keep a close watch on this coin.

IOTA has a project connected to the same topic as well. Still, its only one of many of their projects, therfor investing in cV seems like a good idea to me.
MishaMuc

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:32:49 PM

This is John   .   John  wants  to sell his car with   less  kilometers .    John is not happy that details of his car go on the blockchain .   John  learns how to trick the odometer(very simple )  to show less  miles  before early inspection .
The guys at the service are not that smart  to realize that  , or they don`t care , so  wrong mileage  is   registered on the blockchain .     John is happy ,  he just sold his  300.000 miles car  with 120.000 on the odometer.   Buyer  trusts it because information on the blockchain cannot be altered or wrong .  Roll Eyes     John just made  Car Vertical  Ico  obscelete.   

What John didnt know, the odometer isnt the only place the mileage gets saved. Now John has to pay a huge fee for manipulating his car data.
Stuart1982

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:54:21 PM

That's complete rubbish, every vehicle odometer can be manipulated. Only some Mercedes and BMW cannot be rolled back without leaving an indicator behind. Even then you can use a can block to stop the mileage going up before it registers.

I messaged the team to ask about the feasibility of collating the data require for a centralised vehicle history database. There solution for doing it is by doing it? It cannot be done. You have to pay to get this info and the current data providers will squeeze them out of this marketplace pretty quickly.

I've 25 years real motortrade experience and if this isn't a scam then they are a timebomb.
stil55

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:58:39 PM

The purpose of this project is very clear. vehicle data represents the greatest opportunity for the digital market. I know this is a very complex system. I'm sure this project will go forward if developers are able to provide vehicle history data. Marketing and partnerships will be a must for this to succeed.
MishaMuc

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:18:18 PM

That's complete rubbish, every vehicle odometer can be manipulated. Only some Mercedes and BMW cannot be rolled back without leaving an indicator behind. Even then you can use a can block to stop the mileage going up before it registers.

This is wrong.
I can just speak for german brands, as I know their systems very well, currently EVERY manipulation can be detected, unless a lot of control units have been overbridged - which has to been done manually and leaves marks on those which then can identify the manipulation.

I am talking about cars being build right now, not about cars which are 10 years old.
Stuart1982

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:44:45 PM

Check Smok.com.pl, there is a workaround for just about anything up to present day.  There is a good thread on digitalkaos about it. A 2016 Vauxhall can be done in 30 seconds via OBD, software for Vw and Audi to 2017 came out in November. I agree bmw and Mercedes are a little tricky but possible. If this can be detected then I would of thought I would have come across heaps of them by now. I’ve only seen one in the last year which was corrected after the mot check or would never have knew either.
MishaMuc

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:53:54 PM

Check Smok.com.pl, there is a workaround for just about anything up to present day.

You probably dont understand. Noone cares what the odometer in the head unit shows. Especially in the future.
New vehicles send information to the backend everytime they are triggered. This information can be stored.

There are >20 control units that store the mileage. When the odometer in the head unit was manipulated and shows 200.000km, there are still several other control units which do have the real mileage saved.
Stuart1982

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:01:40 PM

No I do understand, if one module has the mileage stored then it triggers the odometer back to what it was originally. The software rewrites more than one module hence why 2014 Audi and vw workaround didn’t come out til last year as it couldn’t get round the IMMO pin. How much research have you done on this lately because unless you are into this daily as I am then you do not know what you are talking about.

MishaMuc

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:57:03 PM

No I do understand, if one module has the mileage stored then it triggers the odometer back to what it was originally.

No it doesn't.
Lets say I do have more insight than you do. Which I know for sure Smiley
Makes no more sense discussing this. You can believe it or not, I know what I am talking about.
highnayem34

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:54:50 PM

Dont have any bounty??
hollybit

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:37:38 AM

Why a company that claims to be serious about it, if the launch is already scheduled for this year? This indicates that they approach irresponsible work!
Immer

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:42:00 AM

Why a company that claims to be serious about it, if the launch is already scheduled for this year? This indicates that they approach irresponsible work!
Or you are inattentively approaching the study of information about the company. Both on the website and in white paper it is clearly written that at the launch the carVertical.Reports product will be launched in 4 European countries. Exact names of countries are not called.
slavonicpl

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:49:08 AM

Or you are inattentively approaching the study of information about the company. Both on the website and in white paper it is clearly written that at the launch the carVertical.Reports product will be launched in 4 European countries. Exact names of countries are not called.
Why is it just about launching carVertical.Reports? Other products will be launched in other countries, or what?
Immer

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:54:44 AM

Why is it just about launching carVertical.Reports? Other products will be launched in other countries, or what?
No, they will simply be launched only in 2019. The company will gradually bring its products to TCE market. Between the release of carVertical.API and carVertical.WhiteLabel there will be an interval of several months.
slavonicpl

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:58:58 AM

No, they will simply be launched only in 2019. The company will gradually bring its products to TCE market. Between the release of carVertical.API and carVertical.WhiteLabel there will be an interval of several months.
By the way, if you are talking about 2019, and the activities of carVertical.Reports will be expanded in 2019?
Immer

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:03:12 AM

By the way, if you are talking about 2019, and the activities of carVertical.Reports will be expanded in 2019?
Yes, of course. With each subsequent year, the activities of all products will expand. In 2019 the number of occupied countries will increase by 9 pieces, and by 2022 the products of carVertical will work already on all continents!
energycrypt

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:42:25 AM

Yes, of course. With each subsequent year, the activities of all products will expand. In 2019 the number of occupied countries will increase by 9 pieces, and by 2022 the products of carVertical will work already on all continents!
It's incredibly cool, you will not say anything! In this case, all products of carVertical will be localized for each state?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: