Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:31:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WISPR.TECH 🚀CRYPTOPIA🚀 Decentralized Messaging | PoS 3.0 | MASTERNODES |  (Read 4686 times)
naam250

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:23:11 PM

What would you say that Wispr's unique features are? How is it different from other blockchain based messaging projects?

As far as I can tell, there is not much that has not been released before, to be honest.. But I might be missing the bigger picture!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WisprTech

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:06:24 PM

What would you say that Wispr's unique features are? How is it different from other blockchain based messaging projects?

As far as I can tell, there is not much that has not been released before, to be honest.. But I might be missing the bigger picture!

We will have working PoS 3.0 right at the beginning. We are planning on releasing a messaging application backed by our own blockchain. Most other blockchain messaging services (if available already) use some form of dApp platform to implement the messaging. As ours will run on our own blockchain there are no contracts nor third party involvement needed. CryptoKitties clogged the Ethereum network; we don't have to rely on other blockchains to run properly.

Furthermore, we will implement Masternodes right after the swap has taken place, which will make our network sufficient enough to run such an application. 

Foundico.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:18:27 PM

Nice project! Welcome to our website. We are the most informative ICO list, it helps you with funding. Good luck, guys  Wink
WisprTech

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 09:57:42 PM

Nice project! Welcome to our website. We are the most informative ICO list, it helps you with funding. Good luck, guys  Wink

Thank you for your reply. We will check it out.
naam250

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:02:38 PM

We will have working PoS 3.0 right at the beginning. We are planning on releasing a messaging application backed by our own blockchain. Most other blockchain messaging services (if available already) use some form of dApp platform to implement the messaging. As ours will run on our own blockchain there are no contracts nor third party involvement needed. CryptoKitties clogged the Ethereum network; we don't have to rely on other blockchains to run properly.

Furthermore, we will implement Masternodes right after the swap has taken place, which will make our network sufficient enough to run such an application.  

Ok, cool! I must admit, I'm not big on the technicalities behind other messenger projects, so I just assumed they had their own blockchain too, but that's a pretty cool unique feature! Smiley
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:17:12 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 12:27:16 AM by ttookk

Annual inflation of 25% sounds like a lot, though. Sure, at the beginning, to get the ball rolling and all, great. But at some point, big % inflation doesn't cut it anymore. Wasn't that the problem with Espers, the abundance of coins? And if you look at pretty much any PoS coin with a high "ROI" (=Inflation), it pretty much died off eventually.

I mean, I get the idea: reel in users, and, in Wisprs case, keep them staking to keep the network going. But if you have a solid project, you don't need insane annual returns to keep people staking.

Or, to phrase it all a little differently: To keep staking profitable, the marketcap of Wispr has to grow by more than 25% per year. Until then, staking is at best a way to keep hodlers from further losses. People will get tired of this and leave Wispr behind.

The way it looks right now, it will be a staking feast for a few months, until people get bored and the market will be oversaturated anyway.

Addendum: I realize that not every coin will be used for staking, so overall inflation will be less than 25%. However, in the long run, this will still be a fixed % inflation which has to be outrun by the marketcap to keep the boat afloat.
Rsj91

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:05:49 AM

PoS 3.0, messaging application. Something new and interesting. Waiting to see how it works
WisprTech

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 04:41:06 PM

Annual inflation of 25% sounds like a lot, though. Sure, at the beginning, to get the ball rolling and all, great. But at some point, big % inflation doesn't cut it anymore. Wasn't that the problem with Espers, the abundance of coins? And if you look at pretty much any PoS coin with a high "ROI" (=Inflation), it pretty much died off eventually.

I mean, I get the idea: reel in users, and, in Wisprs case, keep them staking to keep the network going. But if you have a solid project, you don't need insane annual returns to keep people staking.

Or, to phrase it all a little differently: To keep staking profitable, the marketcap of Wispr has to grow by more than 25% per year. Until then, staking is at best a way to keep hodlers from further losses. People will get tired of this and leave Wispr behind.

The way it looks right now, it will be a staking feast for a few months, until people get bored and the market will be oversaturated anyway.

Addendum: I realize that not every coin will be used for staking, so overall inflation will be less than 25%. However, in the long run, this will still be a fixed % inflation which has to be outrun by the marketcap to keep the boat afloat.

Staking won't be the only source of income when Masternodes have been implemented, and with 5 WSP per block it won't be a ''stake fest'' for at least the first months. 25% isn't that much, but we get your concern. By the way, the ESP comparison is wrong, with 5 WSP per block and 1 block per minute, it's a little less than 3 million coins generated per year, subtracting the pre-mine it's like 36 years of coins generated if everything stays that way, which is the exact opposite of a stake fest.

Thanks for your reply ttookk.
johntwo

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:50:32 PM

Staking won't be the only source of income when Masternodes have been implemented, and with 5 WSP per block it won't be a ''stake fest'' for at least the first months. 25% isn't that much, but we get your concern. By the way, the ESP comparison is wrong, with 5 WSP per block and 1 block per minute, it's a little less than 3 million coins generated per year, subtracting the pre-mine it's like 36 years of coins generated if everything stays that way, which is the exact opposite of a stake fest.

Do coins in a wallet set up for MN (meeting the requirements) get MN rewards and stake rewards at the same time?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
WisprTech

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:21:15 PM

Do coins in a wallet set up for MN (meeting the requirements) get MN rewards and stake rewards at the same time?

We haven't decided this yet, unfortunately. We will evaluate all scenarios before we implement them. Thank you for the question.
WisprTech

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:49:53 PM

We are almost done! A blog post that explains how to swap will be posted in a couple of hours. Thank you for your patience.

Join our telegram channel, discord channel or follow us on Twitter. We will keep you updated.
armand22

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:03:33 AM

can I send coins directly from the exchange?
WisprTech

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:36:48 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 11:03:19 AM by WisprTech

can I send coins directly from the exchange?
Yes. Blog post will be up later today.
olkah

Activity: 1484
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:41:46 AM

DEV WINDOWS WALLET Huh Huh Huh Huh
WSP.MastaZz

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 12:32:13 PM

DEV WINDOWS WALLET Huh Huh Huh Huh

I decided to make a account to respond to any questions asked.

We are sorry for the delay sir, we are in the last phase of testing and rounding things up before we publish the wallet.
WSP.MastaZz

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:36:55 PM

Our Github is now public!
Wallets will be available later tonight.
Only 16 hours until the swap.

We will edit this in the ANN asap.

Thank you for your patience!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WisprTech/status/942110329999372289
Direct Link: https://github.com/WisprProject/core/releases
WisprTech

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 08:08:32 PM

Pool Huh Huh Huh Huh
There is no mining pool. This coin is 100% PoS.
WisprTech

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 09:23:38 AM

https://medium.com/@wisprtech/swap-tutorial-give-me-my-wispr-f1195b9b6fea

Blog post that explains how to swap. Swap is starting soon.
FYIcryptoz

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:47:19 AM

No offense but has anyone checked this wallet on virusses/keyloggers etc?

WisprTech

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 11:59:01 AM

No offense but has anyone checked this wallet on virusses/keyloggers etc?

''If you want to be sure that the file contains no viruses, you can always check it for viruses online at Kapersky or Virustotal.'' - that's what stated in our blogpost.

Windows AV might give you an error, like it does for most wallets. If you don't trust it, then you shouldn't download it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: