Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:54:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: As a newcomer, what should I know first?  (Read 1124 times)
qq1041414104 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:37:40 AM

I just contacted the virtual currency, now more confused, I do not know what knowledge is what I most need to understand. What part of the virtual currency is, I think I should start from the most basic, but I do not know how to start.
I hope friends can give me some advice, I have bought some books, but I do not know a lot of knowledge, I think it is not the book I should read, maybe they are too difficult.
If you can give me some advice, I will be very grateful, I hope to see your answer, thank you!
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:21:05 AM

Well, first of all, welcome on board. As you said you want to learn about this technology and you are interested in it yet you don't want to read the book. In such case, I would recommend you to start with 'Beginners & Help' section and read the topics so that you will be able to learn the basic stuff and you will find the solutions to your most of the questions as a newbie. Spend as much as time in reading the valuable topics, posts and articles to gain a concrete base of knowledge.
oriona

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:22:42 AM

I can start with bitcoin from where, everything is new and difficult for me
Rodrigo Santos

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:29:13 AM

You should start by reading a lot...
Start reading this link with some beginner’s useful information: Bitcoin Explained for Dummies.
Mayorlopez215

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:50:34 AM

You have to make everything on here easy for yourself in other to understand more about bitcoin. And you can start by visiting the beginners and help, read so many threads you can, make sure sure to dedicate your time with it. While reading from beginners and help, also go to YouTube to see some videos too.
elliemargie

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:06:11 PM

You can start with buying and selling, I mainly use Paxful for my transaction Here are the links for their tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEdO5iZSLKs
olazet1993

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:22:23 PM

Well, i think you should know how to buy, how to sell Bitcoin and how to avoid scammers from this forum because the quanlity of sacmmers are increasing day by day.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:24:17 PM

I just contacted the virtual currency, now more confused, I do not know what knowledge is what I most need to understand. What part of the virtual currency is, I think I should start from the most basic, but I do not know how to start.
I hope friends can give me some advice, I have bought some books, but I do not know a lot of knowledge, I think it is not the book I should read, maybe they are too difficult.
If you can give me some advice, I will be very grateful, I hope to see your answer, thank you!

Well if you've bought them then I would suggest at least trying to read them first as it would be a good start. If you struggle with those then try watch some youtube videos about what bitcoin is for beginners etc. I would recomend watching anything you can fine by andreas antonopoulos as he is good for beginners and helped me out a lot when I first started. Good look.
posterhebat

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 01:30:43 PM

first of all, you don't need to spent your money for learning cryptocurrencies, it's all free and you can get it by reading this forum, or reading blog, watching youtube videos, so all is free.

then you need to read much from this forum, if anything is unclear, feel free to ask.

eula

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:35:03 PM

I actually learned on my own. It was pretty difficult to grasp considering it's always up & down. But I'd recommend reading the books, doing as much learning as you can, & when you're ready... get a good wallet lol. You can manage lad!
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:12:14 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 06:09:06 PM by mayo2u

Obviously you'll need to open up a trading account and fund it (which takes a few days or more in the US due to KYC laws).

But it all starts and ends with wallets (for an investor). Understand how they work, the limitations,etc.. Assuming you're sold on BTC and crypto currencies as a whole - learn about wallets, brain wallets, paper wallets, off-line wallets, hardware wallets.

After you purchase BTC send some to different wallets. Yes you'll be paying fees but that's the price of learning how your tool works. After three or four transactions you'll be a pro.  It will make sense to have different types of wallets just so that you can learn.

After that -- just read and watch yt videos. There's plenty of rabbits holes to fall down into: from shift ciphers to elliptic curve cryptography to understanding how the block chain works.
!!!Shazam!!!

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:19:45 PM

Great Advice! One thing to note; make sure you learn using your wallets on a secured network, and never give away or LOSE your info. once it's gone, you can never get it back!

Goodluck to the OP!!!
sebo.k

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:35:07 PM

read the forum rules, don't spam and learn all you can.
binga11

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:53:01 PM

You should start by reading a lot...
Start reading this link with some beginner’s useful information: Bitcoin Explained for Dummies.

Very useful link.

Thank you
investerS

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Money making legitimately

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:58:02 PM

Well, i think you should know how to buy, how to sell Bitcoin and how to avoid scammers from this forum because the quanlity of sacmmers are increasing day by day.
Do you mean quality or quantity?
Sall-Mo

Activity: 155

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:40:44 AM

Learn the books you purchased first, then learn about the virtual currency from video on the Internet, or take a look at the tutorials on BBS.If you have friends who know virtual currency, it's better to ask friends if you don't understand them.Of course, you can also participate in the virtual currency discussion group, which will learn more.That's how I got to know the virtual currency.
waqarkahloon

Activity: 231

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:50:30 AM

Well first of all buy bitcoin and u will learn wallet address and bitcoin purchasing. Then store it in a wallet and store keys to your wallet. This is best to learn bitcoin by this way. Then join twitter and follow poeple famous in crypto. U will find a lot people there and also ceos of all major currencies like litecoin, ethereum and all others. 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Dewao

Activity: 337

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:41:05 AM

For a beginner you need to read and research about bitcoin. It is also helpful to watch youtube videos about trading, mining, and bounty campaigns it is better to have information for a newbie.
karabasss

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:38:50 AM

You know how in the institute one to listen to lectures is another to take part yourself. Therefore, I think you should start with coins, where you can not lose much and simultaneously learn and ask a lot on the forum. Only then you will understand all this.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
dxbcoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:34:07 AM

Hi, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it Smiley Imo, get to know some basic definitions of bitcoin, altcoins, blockchain, how to buy and sell, exchangers, how to secure your crypto wallets...which are all free on google or on our forum. If you really like this topic it wont take much time to know all basic ones. Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: