Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:23:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: As a newcomer, what should I know first?  (Read 1139 times)
InnMind.com

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 09:40:06 AM

Welcome on board! You can start with these articles
Bitcoin for dummies
https://cointelegraph.com/news/can-you-hold-a-crypto-conversation

A simple guide to what bitcoin forks are and why they happen
https://news.bitcoin.com/a-guide-to-what-a-bitcoin-fork-is-and-why-they-happen/

Still don’t know what bitcoin is?
https://kantantechnology.com/still-dont-know-what-bitcoin-is-read-this-b62737f27921

Best of luck!
Cutieepooh

Activity: 106

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:04:04 AM

I am also a newcomer. As i go through from most of the discussions, i come to know that, we have to read all about forum rules and diffrent discussions. Then you also have to up your rank by taking a part in discussions. The more you discussed the more you learned!!
MirceaMo

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:12:16 AM

I actually find this topic more than useful. I got a chance to understand how things work and what should i pay attention to, apart from the price of the price of the Bitcoin  Grin Grin
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Try to read as much as you can and if you want to get to  know how this everything work, just find interesting thread for you and read it, make knowledge and use it in future.

Master Third

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:18:32 AM

Well, first of all, welcome on board. As you said you want to learn about this technology and you are interested in it yet you don't want to read the book. In such case, I would recommend you to start with 'Beginners & Help' section and read the topics so that you will be able to learn the basic stuff and you will find the solutions to your most of the questions as a newbie. Spend as much as time in reading the valuable topics, posts and articles to gain a concrete base of knowledge.

One thing I realize with this very helpful answer,  is "if there are things that we can't understand after studying the things that need to know is that will be the right time for us to give answers. Thanks for this buddy.
Jumli

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:52:52 PM

which you should know first is how to earn income in this forum. in this forum we can get dialtcoin by joining bounty program or airdrop. after you have been able to get the token from this forum you just learn the market to sell the tokens into btc or eth, in my opinion that's the only core to start getting btc or eth
stressbot

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:35:57 PM

If you are patient, then reading on multiple threads here is a big help. It has heen mentioned repeatedly by other forumers here. YouTube is your friend as well in catching up your knowledge about bitcoin, it helped me a lot even before joining the forum. From there you'll be fine then. Good luck.
CopytrackHQ
Copper Member

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:23:23 PM

It's nice to know the fundamentals of Bitcoin, such as what a block is and block time, and how that relates to transaction fees - also, what mining is.

These are all prevalent issues with Bitcoin and other currencies, and thus affects their price. Also, once you know all this, stuff such as Hard Forks and Soft Forks are easier to understand.
tvset

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:33:49 PM

During last 3 days bitcoins grew almost 2 times. What does this fast-growing  mean?
rh154c0d3

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:25:05 AM

I am newcomer too. I don't read book, I hate almost all those article in the website link that some people gave. Why? because those article is just giving crap theory and never touch technically explanation, they just writing a piece of shi* for me as a newcomer. I don't understand at all what they wrote there.
I want to learn the concept, the real way to understand not reading all those weird article and book. To learn the concept, i will ask my self what do i need to know. Most of articles that i get from google are crap, can't understand it. Most of real explanation for me, I get it if I ask someone in direct conversation, direct message, the key is directly. No problem if those writer call me an idiot because for me, their articles are the real idiot articles. If they really understand the concept, they have to write more like technically explanation, the concept behind the theory. Why? Because we can spell theory completely if we understand the concept, but otherwise we can't do anything if we just knowing the theory except just spelling it, we can't do anything practically. So telling the theory will never work out. Sorry for those writer. Most all writer did that. I doubt most of them can do something practically, they can only talk and write just like a bigmouth.
So, beside searching for the answer in this forum, we as newcomer have to find someone to talk directly.  Roll Eyes
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:31:28 AM

For a beginner, I suggest you buy books on Bitcoin, read articles about bitcoin, browse and read the bitcointalk forum, watch youtube videos about bicoin, read bitcoin reddit. Now you should know the minimum about Bicoin, you will have to learn how to secure your wallet and avoid scams. The easiest way to get into Bitcoin is to go to coinbase and buy your bitcoin with VISA and then withdrawn it to your hardware wallet like Nano ledger and forget it.
jowllikely

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:41:03 PM

Talking to people who already have a lot of experience with Bitcoin is the best way to learn. Forums are the best sources for answer to your questions.
jiveandwail

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:58:21 PM

security is obviously very important.

if web based accounts  are hijacked, currencies transfers are quick and irreversible.

i recently added 2-step password authentication with Google Authenticator on my smartphone, most sites encourage 2-step auth.

a standalone app is more secure than SMS texting, because a cellphone can be hacked or switched away from the owner.

Recommended!!!
deccarro

Activity: 30
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:43:31 PM

Is there any BTC and Altcoin wallet which uses smartphone as hardware wallet?
mlgblockchain

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:53:42 PM

Welcome to the community, hope you will learn what you wanted. I think the very first thing you need to know is "Yourself in the Bitcoin world". What do you wanna do with Bitcoins. Then you will pursue this valuable online currency. I guess you got my point. You will know different ways to earning or getting or buying Bitcoins. You need to know which way you will follow. All the best.
krisjade

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:09:04 PM

patient is the best way.and need to learned what is the bitcoin is while reading bitcoin forums
Chaki

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:24:18 PM

Many of our senior members or other ranking members have already answered your thread but let me share mine....
Of course we need to learn the basic...
Like knowing about the rules and regulations.. ..
The ranking system....
Learning about technologies ... because you will read some post wherein you can read a common word like fiat....
Then keep on reading pinned threads....

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
spiker777

Activity: 1000
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 08:27:45 PM

You should know which type of wallet to use, for now, I'd avoid online wallets as they often don't allow you access to your private keys.

xiaowu55

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:46:48 AM

If you think the book knowledge to use so I think you are wrong, as a new person, when you think you already know a lot of time, in fact you have many don't know, you can post inside through the bluetail ticket tracker (BTT) to learn and understand more knowledge
rohanshinde

Activity: 44
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:34:37 AM

Before you start investing I will suggest you read up few points written by me before starting your epic Crypto journey. This is my experience investing/trading in crypto.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2716149

⚡ DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡[/url (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1553108)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: