Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:10:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW FASTCOIN Logo, Please comment and or offer your suggestion...  (Read 1633 times)
Cheetahx (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:34:09 AM

some good ideas above

sorry I posted in old thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=243084.0

as you can see I am not talented in design like ohiwastedmylif

but I like this style of 'f'
i know my coin looks crappy, just may spark some thoughts in one of the many talented designers on this forum

also just to add my input, the logo above by ohiwastedmylif looks fab what he did in 5 minutes
i am not so sure about that colour orange though, as to similar to bitcoin

how about a more gold colour and the 'f' in red?
or even a red coin with white f

red for speed

Thanks Guido

We appreciate your input.  I also like your idea of Red, or even Copper!  I like to think BitCoin is Gold, LiteCoin is Silver, and FastCoin could be the Copper coin!

All of the other Alt Coin's I don't think can make that distinction, they are variant in so many ways and have a particular theme.  I believe if FastCoin can be recognized globally as the Copper Crypto Coin, we could bring quite a bit of attention to it.

Red for Fast, Red for Copper, it would nicely round up the three in similar fashion, each being generic and each having a close association to traditional money...

Best Regards

Cheetahx

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
ebacherville

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:58:26 AM

Thanks Guido

We appreciate your input.  I also like your idea of Red, or even Copper!  I like to think BitCoin is Gold, LiteCoin is Silver, and FastCoin could be the Copper coin!

All of the other Alt Coin's I don't think can make that distinction, they are variant in so many ways and have a particular theme.  I believe if FastCoin can be recognized globally as the Copper Crypto Coin, we could bring quite a bit of attention to it.

Red for Fast, Red for Copper, it would nicely round up the three in similar fashion, each being generic and each having a close association to traditional money...

Best Regards

Cheetahx
[/quote]

I like the copper idea! But the fast part needs to stay, that is the key part of this coin, the near instant conformations .. and still manageable one it grows the block chain.   I like the cheetah use also. Hard to make a cheetah look like a clean design...
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:45:07 AM

cheers Guys

I like the idea of the coin staying gold tbh
I think to avoid the copper idea, as why make it the poor kid before it even gets up and running
even when all the coins are mined there wouldn't even be enough of them for every american to get 1 coin!
I think the number of coins is a solid number, too small and you you have this problem of 0.000001 etc, only so much consumer will take

make it it's own standalone coin from outset, is already one of oldest alts lol

bottomline bitcoin logo was never 'designed', just happened from net community, like twitter logos

if people into fatcoin then logos will just appear on peoples sites and they will make so keep an eye out. but please lose the cheetah really soon!

just my opinion about the copper thing is not good, would have need to been stated from day one and would hold it back,
feathercoin had a more classy attitude i think by saying they didnt compete with bitcoin and litecoin but there to compliment and see what happens

a lot can be learned from feathercoin rollout, good and bad

I would also add the wallet on google docs is crazy, is the only zip haven't been able to configure, and have about 6 coin icons on my lappy
needs a decent configured zip that just instantly starts once doubleclicked after download like all other coins, AND needs to be downloaded off github
to give more credibility

also forum on fastcoin.ca is good idea but i couldn't join up as dont have any of those social networking accounts.
please make so you can join up with username and email like everywhere else?

cheers

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:55:27 AM

Alright,

It comes off as really plain and simple, similar to the current BTC generally accepted logo. If it is being use for anything other than a massive round object I think the top text needs to go. The weight is way too thin and non-legible at nearly any size.

The F should just be put dead center, it looks like it might be center but the text is throwing my eye off.

If you want to go even more simple you could remove some of the fast flare and just have two on the bottom.

You could spice it up with some minimal gradient, inner shadows, drop shadows, or something else.

/2¢

Here is a more simplified version I made very quickly to show what I mean.

Nice,

Thank you for your input Ohiwastedmylif,

You put a interesting and simple adjustment to it, I think this is great that we can have this creative process bring out these creative suggestions.

Any chance you can enlarge your picture a bit, I like to compare it with the original Apple to Apple like.   Grin

/C

I totally just deleted the file without saving it sorry, haha.

It is more about the small size comparison anyways. If it will work for a favicon or a QT/Wallet icon those sort of things.

Excellent, thank you very cool, I like it already!

/C

I like these very much, in particular, the second one.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:56:45 AM

Actually, can you sharpen the second one up a bit and use the cool "speed trail" on the top of the F from the first logo instead of the simple one on the bottom?

Then it would be perfect.

Next stop, the website... who can make that look more professional?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: