Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:08:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will kill alt coins  (Read 1609 times)
sic57005

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:27:51 AM

I'm thinking nearly opposite way: 2018 will be altcoins year.
Bitcoin is already overhyped, overpumped and congested. Thanks to futures its price can be stabilized (but does not actually mean it will), preventing from falling. But it prepares lots of space for good altcoins.
jksmds

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:02:35 AM

If bitcoin rise altcoin will rise.

If Bitcoin falls, altcoins will crash, except few.

How to know which altcoin is better?

When bit coin fall a little, see which all altcoins are growing.   Those will survive. Rest will go.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:33:08 AM

No, altcoin will never dead, Nah exception for Shitcoin, As us aware much Airdrop coin in the last this years, I think from Okt-Dec.
babaya

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:41:39 AM

No, altcoin will never dead, Nah exception for Shitcoin, As us aware much Airdrop coin in the last this years, I think from Okt-Dec.
i am agree with you dude.altcoin that have no roadmap and no function will be shitcoin.and now on much airdrop project.i think it's dev make this project just for their own advantages.meanwhile token has good values they will sell all token they had.
benmartin613

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:12:44 AM

Bitcoin does not seem to stop growing

Bitcoin wont stop growing till further in the years to come and more and more investors will go along with bitcoin, no one can stop bitcoin non even the government for now.

2018 Altcoin is dead

Alt coin will still be alive in 2018 the competition is still there and alt coin market is blooming with million of dollars.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:16:27 AM

Bitcoin will never kill altcoins because both are very important for each other and supporting some altcoins doing very good and bringing new technology which will be helpful for bitcoin also in future if bitcoin dead then alts cannot survive as same happening to alts if they dead then bitcoin cannot live alone
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:23:02 AM

I don't think so, altcoins has their own supporters and market to depend on. Some price of the altcoins  are also on uptrend even there is a non-stop price surges of bitcoin. Stable altcoins will going to survive even if bitcoin is surging and there is always a time for them to rise up after a prolonged dip.
jack long

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:53:30 AM

I don't think it's possible. Despite the price increase bitcoin then not always altcoin who became their victims. It could also altcoin that will rise and reach a price rise and the height as well.
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:24:12 AM

I don't think it's possible. Despite the price increase bitcoin then not always altcoin who became their victims. It could also altcoin that will rise and reach a price rise and the height as well.
I agree with you that it is not possible, because the position of bitcoin is very high compared to altcoin. many people hunt for bitcoin because of high prices but also many who hunted altcoin for the traded. so bitcoin killing altcoin is impossible.

kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:39:04 AM

Bitcoin doesn't kill altcoins. If Bitcoin is the Sun then, Altcoins are other planets which move around the sun. Altcoins are best when considering transaction speed, lower fees and you won't regret investing it. Because, one day or the other it'll take us to moon. I've profited good amounts from Altcoins.As the price of Btc rises it does not stop Altcoins.

housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:38:36 AM

Not rely all, most of those claiming to be faster and cheaper transaction fee as just been sent back to drawing board with the launch of lightning network, I believe the likes of Dash will be affect, all BTC need more is more privacy features to kill most of these useless coins
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:07:04 AM

2018 Altcoin is dead

We're happy where bitcoin is going but only if altcoins do too but unfortunately it won't. Maybe next year, btc will at least have a rest so altcoins can recover.
DRAWDE_3691

Activity: 168

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:30:35 AM

2018 Altcoin is dead

Maybe, it is not right to use the word "kill". Maybe surpass can, but, as per speed.. I think that altcoin is growing faster than bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   ESCROWCOIN  ●  Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⦿  Discord  ⦿  Twitter  ⦿  Telegram  ⦿
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⦿  BUY NOW   ⦿  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:52:04 AM

If bitcoin rise altcoin will rise.

If Bitcoin falls, altcoins will crash, except few.

When bit coin fall a little, see which all altcoins are growing.   Those will survive. Rest will go.

no it not,  these doesnt happen on a pattern. sometimes altcoins fall when bitcoins rise and there were times that bitcoin falls when altcoins rise therfor i could possibly say that there prices are totally independent and not somehow bind to each other, its just a mere co incedents.

do a quick research about that specific alt that you want to invest and see if that alt has a good background. you can also based on some users feed back and reviews about that coin.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:13:24 AM

Altcoins arent dead. Maybe you said that because of the continue rising of the bitcoins. We all dont know what will happen in the future , who knows, maybe there are altcoins there that are waiting to rise and overcome bitcoin. For now, let us continue to ride on the opportunity that bitcoin has given to us. Keep on investing on bitcoins and im sure it will continue to grow in the future.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
gsm_sharif

Activity: 462
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:16:41 AM

Actually bitcoin is never stop growing  Grin
It's not true that kill them.Maybe if bitcoin stop grow and fixed price then all altcoin will growing.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:00:35 AM

If Bitcoin goes, it will take pretty much everything with it.  How many options are there to buy non-BTC crypto?  Just a few from the top 10 as far as I know, so it'll be difficult to push cash into alts, its going to come from falling BTC.
Bitcoin cannot take pretty much everything with it. Some altcoins are solid and they have some good backing of investors.

The only coins we will end up see being taken down would be some shit coins without a real product and just there for playing means for pump and dumps. Those are the coins that we will end up seeing packing their bags of shit coin and walking away from the market.
dubinsky

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:59:30 AM

not to be such a thing. current altcoin even arguably defeating bitcoin. because the price of bitcoin weakened lately and not even a high increase.
JCM

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:08:18 AM

I think rather the other way around: bitcoin will have to fight for his place, although I do not know who might have to take that place.
Ether? I do not think so.
Ultimately a currency with the least volatility.
AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:19:27 AM

I'd say there are maybe 10 alt coins that provide a real value out there, and hundreds of sh*t coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: