Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA and EOS: Is it time to buy?  (Read 514 times)
wludka (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:05:28 PM

I have had my eye on these two coins for a while but I didnt have money. I now have some, I am wondering since I missed the bull run. Do I wait for them to settle down or buy now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxollaxx

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:15:43 PM

I have had my eye on these two coins for a while but I didnt have money. I now have some, I am wondering since I missed the bull run. Do I wait for them to settle down or buy now?

I would say buy EOS. Buy 1/3 now 1/3 half way and 1/3 after release that way you average down. That way you cover bases if you buy now and ends up dropping in price. Although it would suck if it moons lol.

EOS is far superior than eth.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:18:54 PM

I don't think this is the right time to buy IOTA anymore, lots of bugs recently. I suggest litecoin / electroneum (since it's wallet coming out this week!). But for long term the best would be ETH, Litecoin, Waves, and Bitcoincash.
Ranger9202

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

I think you kinda missed the train for IOTA, I don't think it will go up a lot, at least not now, but ETN is the best new thing, and its 0.11 per coin. So it has the best potential to go big. Plus its really easy to mine it even with your home pc.
wludka (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:42:53 PM

I would say buy EOS. Buy 1/3 now 1/3 half way and 1/3 after release that way you average down. That way you cover bases if you buy now and ends up dropping in price. Although it would suck if it moons lol.

EOS is far superior than eth.

I didnt think of investing 1/3 but I like that idea. I think I will do that. I agree, EOS is far superior to ETH.

I don't think this is the right time to buy IOTA anymore, lots of bugs recently. I suggest litecoin / electroneum (since it's wallet coming out this week!). But for long term the best would be ETH, Litecoin, Waves, and Bitcoincash.

I am more bulling on BCH and Waves ... I bought a bunch of BCH in the last dip, and a whole lot of waves during the last bloothbath. I have no interest in ETH and LTC.

I think you kinda missed the train for IOTA, I don't think it will go up a lot, at least not now, but ETN is the best new thing, and its 0.11 per coin. So it has the best potential to go big. Plus its really easy to mine it even with your home pc.

I dont know ETN. I will research it.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:44:10 PM

for IOTA its not a buy time. I think we will see dips for IOTA. But EOS i think its time to get in the board.
I am not a supporter of IOTA as its not decentralized project. But EOS yes i am in.
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:53:17 PM

IOTA at time of writing is USD $ 1.03 and total market capital is USD $ 2.68 billion
please compare it with the current price.
EOS (up 1,4%),,It is during ICO and has a lot of chinese market so big hit. BitFinex from the United States trades the largest volume but other than this - China.
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:58:39 PM

IOTA had such a bull run recently. Larimer's platform surely will work (as Bitshares do) and can attract a lot of businesses. Do not know about the price but according to description it can become very powerful.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:04:21 PM

buy REAL projects not unproven untested vapor

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2479595.0

the issue with vapor is that however good it sounds that before it is released there will be superior sounding vapor that will attract invesment away from the vapor you just invested in

Gpx

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:11:46 PM

1. why would you think you've missed the train on IOTA? This whole industry is still crawling through it's infancy with a long ways to go?

2. I think it's important to keep the use and applications in mind when considering any crypto. They are not all designed to be a general currency that you'll buy groceries with. With that in mind, I'll have to think about when and where being decentralized plays a role. In a business supply chain application decentralized my have no particular value and may even be cumbersome. Same with the difficulty level associated with coins such as bitcoin. No sane person would make that part of a supply chain blockchain if they plan to create blocks for every product in the supply line. So you need to keep the application in mind when judging features.

3. I've just recently starting looking at IOTA. The really interesting thing about it is the tangle. Instead of competing to add blocks to the end of the chain with one winner and lots of losers that have to start over, you can add blocks off any two other blocks, so millions of new blocks can be added simultaneously. Keeping the whole ledger up to date might become a challenge, but in a business transaction environment this means millions of transactions can be completed simultaneously - and very fast without a difficulty being added - which is exactly what you want in a business environment. Unless of course you like standing in line at the register for a week while every purchase in the country is competing to be added to the chain with a BTC style chain.

Imagine millions of people using an online streaming service and wanting to start a movie. Do you want it right NOW or 3 days from now when your transaction finally gets included by the winning miner?

I think the tangle has potentially huge applications. Maybe not as a pure currency, but blockchain is not just about coins.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:54:39 PM

the issue with vapor is that however good it sounds that before it is released there will be superior sounding vapor that will attract invesment away from the vapor you just invested in

Great list you have on that thrend. Blocknet is the only project I'm unfamiliar with.

Imagine millions of people using an online streaming service and wanting to start a movie. Do you want it right NOW or 3 days from now when your transaction finally gets included by the winning miner?

I think the tangle has potentially huge applications. Maybe not as a pure currency, but blockchain is not just about coins.

That's exactly how I view iota. This project has a lot of potential. I think it will be a game changer as soon as it matures.
Micela13

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:56:41 PM

There are a lot of memes around this IOTA, but guys, is it really worth buying and holding? Especially after this rise?
xxollaxx

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:52:02 PM

Bitcoin was vaporware as well and look what happened to it. Lol.
xxollaxx

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:54:30 PM

There are a lot of memes around this IOTA, but guys, is it really worth buying and holding? Especially after this rise?

It is good IMO to do a quick profit and turn to BtC in the meantime and to take advantage of the fluctuations. I heard the system is shit and buggy as of now. So proceed with caution. Lol.

Only problem is that if it moons then you are SOL. Has happened to me many many times which sucks. So use whatever you are confortable to lose.
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:01:08 PM

IOTA already pumped as hell due to Microsoft, but still can go back. Itsn't a good time to buy it, find other good projects.
yura_878

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:03:11 PM

I think that now eos is already possible to buy and here on the account of IOTA I would advise to wait

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: